Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 25th February 2014, 13:14   #361
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_123 View Post
you have 5 or 6 speed? my 6 speed box lasted a good 4 months and a couple launches at 600/ 600 before detonating on itself
5 Speed fortunately, gearbox feels tight no crunches or issues whatsoever just started to make a slight wine. The power definitely isn't the issue as the boxes are rated much more than i'm running but maybe launches have caused issues.

Will see this weekend anyway hopefully nothing too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroybrown View Post
Have you got the pops and bang map on it Matt (P.S CBA to read all the way though)

If so have you got it on a switch? Local dude up here does it on the intercooler spray switch.

Pops and bangs will be class as long as you can turn it off, would do my heeeeeeeeeeeeeed in all the time if it was permanent
Yeah mate got the pops and bangs mapped in.

Unfortunately on the Evo VI it can't be switchable via the intercooler spray button as it is not wired to the ecu like the later evo's.

Mine is switchable however via the avcr boost controller. So I have high boost and pops and bangs/launch/antilag launch etc. and then low boost with no goodies (sensible mode)

It's fun!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 25th February 2014 at 13:18.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 13:18   #362
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
5 Speed fortunately, gearbox feels tight no crunches or issues whatsoever just started to make a slight wine. The power definitely isn't the issue as the boxes are rated much more than i'm running but maybe launches have caused issues.

Will see this weekend anyway hopefully nothing too serious.

5 speed should be able to take that power all day, more likely the diff or input shaft
Old 25th February 2014, 13:20   #363
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
5 speed should be able to take that power all day, more likely the diff or input shaft
Yeah i'm certain the box is fine, as you say really but just need to identify what the exact cause is.

Old 4th March 2014, 09:06   #364
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Noise seemed to have disappeared, put it on the ramp anyway and tried to squeeze some more oil into the transfer box over the weekend.

No noise whatsoever since, not sure if I just had my money/sleepy head on and mistook the walbro for wining noise but i'm not that much of a retards when half asleep usually.

Sold the Tommi Mak rims, as they were taking up space and can be added to the fund for near future plans I have for the car

Old 8th March 2014, 17:08   #365
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Took the Tommi Mak rims to NR Autosport in Lincoln today, turned into an awesome day out.

Nick had some amazing cars in, 700bhp evo vi track car, numerous evo's kicking out numerous figures and a guy in his 60's i got speaking to was working on his evo vi extreme that was pristine...

Decided i'm getting it in there for any future work and will be in later this year/early next year to go ahead with my plans.

Rod job/rs diff mainly...

On the way home had a prolonged play with a porsche carrerra 4s, Had a huge grin on my face as he tried to keep up and then we went our separate ways and i realised my AYC light had come on...

More expense, need to check the code and see what the issue is, hopefully not the pump that's failed as it's around £500 to fix...

Fun times.

Old 8th March 2014, 17:24   #366
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Took the Tommi Mak rims to NR Autosport in Lincoln today, turned into an awesome day out.

Nick had some amazing cars in, 700bhp evo vi track car, numerous evo's kicking out numerous figures and a guy in his 60's i got speaking to was working on his evo vi extreme that was pristine...

Decided i'm getting it in there for any future work and will be in later this year/early next year to go ahead with my plans.

Rod job/rs diff mainly...

On the way home had a prolonged play with a porsche carrerra 4s, Had a huge grin on my face as he tried to keep up and then we went our separate ways and i realised my AYC light had come on...

More expense, need to check the code and see what the issue is, hopefully not the pump that's failed as it's around £500 to fix...

Fun times.
pretty sure he owns the NR time attack evo 8, nice bloke to talk to

Nick is sound, awesome bloke, he went out of his way a couple times when i had cold start issues with autronics.
Old 13th March 2014, 10:04   #367
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
pretty sure he owns the NR time attack evo 8, nice bloke to talk to

Nick is sound, awesome bloke, he went out of his way a couple times when i had cold start issues with autronics.
Yeah proper genuine nice bloke both him and Nick and pristine cars.

Going to get him to Full Geo-Setup my VI for summer, it handles well but after speaking to Nick it seems he can do a much better job with the set-up!

Old 1st April 2014, 12:04   #368
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Took up golf again so progress has slightly stalled as that now takes up my weekend, couple or recent pictures, naff quality however.

Not even had a clean in 2 weeks, having some time off work next week so expect a little progress.

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 1st April 2014 at 12:08.
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:27   #369
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Antilag launch control has finally claimed the life of it's first of many clutches...

Fortunately still drivable it's fine in low gears or if your giving it some hammer through the gears but if your cruising down the motorway at say 2750/3000 rpm in 4th or 5th gear and put your foot down the revs had started to raise and drop as the car does very little whereas normally it would plant you in the seat.

So to get the most out of the clutch we had some father son bonding time this morning with a little spirited drive to pick up my new clutch. I drove there and let my old man drive back to his garage.

As we were on the way back to my dads garage, sat at a set of lights on the bypass we had some guy pul along side us revving up his Focus RS and slowly creeping from the lights...

It seemed appropriate to quickly tell my dad how to launch the car, which seemed only right to give the clutch the send off it deserved and make the most out of it.

I half expected my dad to just say something along the lines of 'let's just get the car home with the clutch in one piece'.

But No.

BWARP BWARP POP POP BANG BANG BANG BWARRPPPPPP BANG BANG CHATTER

Awesome launch, felt like the thing was going to fucking wheelie. Boost and launch where there immediately. Quite an experience from the passenger seat as i've never been in that position.

Was well worth it for the Grin on my dads face afterwards.

UPDATE

So back to Progress.

As the car is in the garage anyway i'm going to have some 3mm lash adjusters fitted as mine have started to tap on cold start ups etc.

The following is being done Today/Tommorow by the old man, thank god for having a Mechanic as a dad.

- New 3mm Lash Adjusters
- Clark Motorsport Competition Stage 4 Ceramic 6 Paddle Sprung Clutch
- Clark Motorsport CCI Lightweight Flywheel

Lash Adjusters

Clutch

Flywheel

The clutch is rated for 250% increase in torque, as my torque is almost double standard it should suit the job

Old 5th April 2014, 09:20   #370
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

lovely evo, new clutch looks good. think i will be replacing my clutch in my ctr soon
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 16:00   #371
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1985 View Post
lovely evo, new clutch looks good. think i will be replacing my clutch in my ctr soon
cheers mate.

The clutch was recently part of an mlr group buy, someone bought one to keep aside incase but chucked a rod so needed the money.

Only cost me £400 for clutch and lightweight flywheel still unopened so can't complain.

It feels bang on, just resisting launching now

Old 3rd May 2014, 20:37   #372
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thiw happened today...

Car was parked on street as had a guy with his van fitting a new front door, heard a bang n saw a tranny fleeing the scene.

Went on the lookout and the guy lived down my street, was damaged in the right places to match the collision. aknocked on his door but he wouldn't answer so I phone the police and reported him for leaving the scene or an accident.

Tidy female officer interviewed me so its in progress, as is now going to court as he claims he hasn't drove all day ( he was drunk so kinda had to say that).

Have to fix it and wait for him to hopefully be found guilty and then get reimbursed etc.

Just my luck! car looks like a fucking nail now!

Old 4th May 2014, 03:33   #373
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

He's popped your bonnet out at the top
Sorry I had too, hope you get it sorted
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 06:29   #374
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Ouch...
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 17:07   #375
josh11490
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Daily, 106 GTi Track Project
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
josh11490 is on a distinguished road

Harsh, hopefully they find him guilty.
Old 4th May 2014, 17:13   #376
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

would rather have sorted it like reasonable adults but the fact he drove off and them wouldn't talk to me when I found out where he lived...

Fuck him, he can face court charges and the lot now. Not even a massive amount of damage I could of got it sorted for a few hundred quid.

Old 5th May 2014, 14:57   #377
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

You should stand in his garden topless, tensing at him.

Shit luck man Stop letting people hurt this car!! It's the one thing that puts me off spending a lot of money on a nice car, there's cunts everywhere!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 15:15   #378
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
You should stand in his garden topless, tensing at him.

Shit luck man Stop letting people hurt this car!! It's the one thing that puts me off spending a lot of money on a nice car, there's cunts everywhere!
It's annoying as fuck man, my mates just bought an RS4 was meant to be having a road trip in my car and his car with a few friends. I bailed cause i hate even being in public with my car whilst it looks like this.. proper made me fall out of love with the car if i'm honest.

I'll get it sorted and in the body shop soon, and then i'll have to wait for his insurance to reimburse me. That won't be anytime soon though seeing as he has been summoned to court.

More expense, i've parked my car right at the bottom of my drive behind the gates, going to start walking to the tram in the mornings instead of driving. Sick of cunts being anywhere near it.

Old 5th May 2014, 15:18   #379
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

One of my mates spunked 11k on a BMW Z4 coupe, the 3L one.. It was amazing, but he didn't dare park it anywhere incase it got a ding.. Ended up selling it after 6 months, and bought a £1000 banger that he doesn't care if it gets bashed about..

It's shit that driving isn't even the most dangerous part of getting your car damaged.. It's parking somewhere where it should be safe, outside your own house!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 15:33   #380
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
One of my mates spunked 11k on a BMW Z4 coupe, the 3L one.. It was amazing, but he didn't dare park it anywhere incase it got a ding.. Ended up selling it after 6 months, and bought a £1000 banger that he doesn't care if it gets bashed about..

It's shit that driving isn't even the most dangerous part of getting your car damaged.. It's parking somewhere where it should be safe, outside your own house!
Yeah exactly how i feel right now mate, tempted to buy a nail and just do an engine conversion.

Only place i feel it is safe is when it's on my drive. I have a multi-storey parking permit funded by work and i never use it as most of the cars in there are company cars and they just fling open their doors as they don't care about dings and shit.

Just hate humans at the moment, wouldn't mind if a note was left but you're normally left to foot the bills yourself.