Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 13th June 2015, 11:19   #1
iVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Silver VTR
iVTR is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced the saxo with.. a BMW 330CD M sport

Owning a VTR for 2.5 years has been brilliant but I've been looking for a 330CD for around 5 months.. and as if by magic one got listed Sunday night about 40 miles from me.

Anyway, I took along my mechanic mate and one of his mates who knew alot about BMW's.

Had everything done, FSH, swirl flaps blanked, new turbo last 12 months and flap actuator. 120k. Rear springs done last MOT and brembo discs and pads up front!

The bad was the wheels are relatively dirty and scuffed. The bloke seemed really genuine though. And the car seemed solid.

With a test drive etc all was well, and I made an offer 225 short of asking price because of the alloys. Sold.

So here is the first pic:

The wheels - not too bothered will see how they turn out. Could make them a winter pair, or be refurbished.

Really enjoying it, it's very different to a saxo... So smooth and solid feeling, as though a wheel isn't going to come off on a roundabout kind of feeling.

All the toys, cruise control etc. Media bridge bluetooth, full leather - so comfy!

Leather has come up really well like new. Well pleased:

The only bad thing is the left mirror electrics aren't working - doesn't fold up like the right one or adjust - anyone know if this is a big job?

And finally... driving styles. So different to petrol, I was a bit of a geek trying to max out MPG on saxo so need to learn how to do it on this!

Seems to indicate 55MPG sat on motorway but need far more experimentation! 37 ish average driven hard / around town.

Anyway, got it cleaned up the other night (and now it's raining - my fault!)

Excuse the potato quality pics, the sun had gone in and my phone was struggling with the light bigtime.

The wheels came up miles better than I was hoping! They are scuffed but from a distance miles better. Car hasn't even been polished nor the wheels. Once some sun comes I'll do that.

[DSC] button will get pressed once I'm used to it more. Have heard they can be erratic without so best be careful!

May get it mapped in the future for more torques, init. But need to get to grips with it's MPG figures and get used to it first.

Cheers all
Old 13th June 2015, 15:39   #2
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Like it! Looks like a good example. Does it go well?

I'm considering one next but undecided whether to go petrol or diesel.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 16:03   #3
iVTR
Established Member

Thanks bud. It certainly seems in general good nick. It did need a good clean up though. Must have used a full pack of anti bac wipes on the interior haha.

It sure does go well. Throws you back into your seat. It's maybe not as 'fast' as I was expecting but once you get a shift on all the torque from low in the gears smashes straight up the rev counter and you need to change gear again. It's certainly good fun. Reaches figures in no time that's for sure.

The thing I love is the steering response and general smoothness all round. Feels so solid it's unreal. Certainly well planted on the road!

I didn't have a choice regarding petrol or diesel as I do high mileage so this seems to tick all the boxes for me, a bit of fun and relatively good MPG.

330ci's can be picked up for alot less than the diesels so worth factoring in!
Old 13th June 2015, 17:34   #4
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Sounds good to be honest. I would be tempted by a diesel but you're right, they go for a fair bit more than the petrols.

It'd have to be a 330ci or 330i yep. But its just finding the right one - the majority seem to be spazmatics and I don't think I could live with an auto everyday.

I had a quick go in a similar one a while ago and the ride seemed quite harsh, how do you find it?
Old 13th June 2015, 18:05   #5
iVTR
Established Member

It's certainly a 'M Sport' ride. Funnily enough I just sorted all the tyre pressures.

Were down about 10psi on each corner. It feels very different now. Steering is very light but in a good way, still loads of feel.

Honestly, I do find it quite a firm ride - you do feel the bumps in the road. This however I love; comfort can wait until I'm retired

That's not to say it isn't comfortable.. I've been driving a saxo nearly 3 years! It's insanely nice to sit in, like a cockpit. Everything is angled towards you and feels well done. Armrest that leaves you directly onto the gear stick perfectly. I think with cruise control on it could become sleepy time very easily.

Agreed about the auto's. I've been looking for quite some time, though I am relatively picky I suppose!
Old 14th June 2015, 09:01   #6
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

That's what I thought too. Just not sure if it'll be too firm for the roads round here! Plus my driveway is a 1/4 mile of potholes. I bet it's amazing compared to a Saxo though lol.
I did think about getting a non M Sport but they look pretty awful. The interiors as gash on them too.
Old 14th June 2015, 09:22   #7
iVTR
Established Member

Haha. Go and try one! I fell in love. Last night I did my first proper drive in terms of testing the performance out. The turbo sound is so addictive.. Like a bus pppsssssttt as you take off haha. I slung it off a roundabout and the traction control light came on a few times which was reassuring to know it was working!

Yeah it's got to be an M sport mate!
Old 18th June 2015, 22:00   #8
PastyVTR
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
PastyVTR is on a distinguished road

Looks like a nice example, get yourself onto e46zone.com if you're not already! What're your plans for it ?

My 330ci gets 32mpg on motorway run and low 20s around town, that is not economical driving though, I don't rag it but I'm don't try to be economical, if that's any help jizanthapuz.
PastyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 08:04   #9
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Looks tidy, nice step up from the Saxo!

The mirror problem, from what I remember, is there's a wire that's broken between the A pillar and the door, or more likely the motor has failed - can't remember if you need to replace the whole mirror or you can replace just the motor..

How far out is the obc for the mpg? E46's are pretty notorious for over reading.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 13:59   #10
iVTR
Established Member

Cheers guys, Pasty - Don't have too many plans right now, other than a serious deep clean (including engine bay!) and polish / wax.

Will see how the MPG goes and how the car seems in general standard for a while, I had always planned to get it remapped straight away but to be honest the car is relatively quick (torquey with 300+ and 410nm standard) so will wait and see.

I am yet to finish a full tank of diesel so haven't calculated the MPG yet! But I have done 160 miles so far and I'm not down to the 3/4 line. So expecting 600 miles to a tank (or more) we shall see!

" border="0" class="tcattdimglink" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" alt="" />

" border="0" class="tcattdimglink" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" alt="" />