Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 25th September 2015, 17:18   #1
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): focus tdci, clio v6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!
Default dsh85's Clio

well its been a long time since i last posted one of these but seen as ive been viewing last couple of days thought id put some photos up of the current whip!

after selling the 106 s1 project i had and venturing into the world of houses and vehicles with good mpg, purchasing my second house came with a good size garage which needed something to fill it! so i opted for this little number....

a iceberg silver 2002 clio v6. always loved them! this comes with the phase 2 18" wheels and i added the phase two lights.
tinkering wise i wont be doing much to it except fixing and refurbing to get it in the best possible shape over time. i did a little at the front end after purchasing

took it out for a run out to yorkshire modified show, first one id been in ages. to my surprise they ushered me inside with all the show cars. i was a bit embarrased with a couple of kerbed wheels and furiously cleaning my car over with fast glass!

suprisingly held its own especially next to that beast! all photos have been pinched from instagram etc! ive never actually got round to doing any decent photos!

this wont be much much of a progress thread as it wont really change! upkeep is a cost alone, the cambelt is due next year which is looking at a minimum of 1k add the things such as wheel arch liners (250 each) and rear engine undertray (600plastic part 600 metal) which it needs. its ceetrainly not a cheap car to use everyday if you choose so!

theresd definately space in the garage to squeeze another little car at somepoint in think! quite fancy a classic mini but who knows!!

anyway just thought id share this with ya'll! heres a couple more random ones i have. adios!

Last edited by dsh85; 25th September 2015 at 17:24.
dsh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 17:52   #2
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Clio fwend!

Looks like a cracking buy mate, love PH1's, but this, tops all.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 18:25   #3
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Must say I much prefer the looks of the phase 2's but i'd like to give any of them a go!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 20:26   #4
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

let me drive it faggot.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 20:46   #5
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Must say I much prefer the looks of the phase 2's but i'd like to give any of them a go!
do you known what i actually agree! but 15-20k for a phase two seemed a bit too much for a car that will hardly be driven. i think the fact this one had the 18s set it off a bit more.
safe to say when i went to view it i had to have it!

yates drop me a text and head over one weekend!
Old 28th September 2015, 20:50   #6
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Very nice! Love it.

I worked with a lad down london with one of these. 7k on the clock. But he was one of those people who parked it on carpets to save the tires and drove 10 miles a year to the mot and back haha
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 21:13   #7
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

haha mines got 30k on it and tbh it hardly goes anywhere but im not afraid to use it! id estimate about 1k a year on it
Old 29th September 2015, 00:05   #8
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh85 View Post
do you known what i actually agree! but 15-20k for a phase two seemed a bit too much for a car that will hardly be driven. i think the fact this one had the 18s set it off a bit more.
safe to say when i went to view it i had to have it!

yates drop me a text and head over one weekend!
I'm the same with the 172's too. The phase 2 just looks prettier. If it really bothered you I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to change front end over.

What are these really like to drive speed and handling wise? Many reviews i've read/watched suggest it's barely any quicker than the 2.0 and has knife edge handling. Truth?
Old 29th September 2015, 00:07   #9
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Just noticed. It needs a trophy spoiler on it !
Old 29th September 2015, 14:46   #10
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
I'm the same with the 172's too. The phase 2 just looks prettier. If it really bothered you I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to change front end over.

What are these really like to drive speed and handling wise? Many reviews i've read/watched suggest it's barely any quicker than the 2.0 and has knife edge handling. Truth?
styling wise i think its at that age where its not really appreciated as with a lot of the cars that came out in the 90s. there not old enough to be seen as retro/classic but not new enough to cut it with modern cars which i feel the phase two kinda does. i guess its the same for the saxo mk1 and mk2 currently (controversial haha)but it wasnt all that long ago i felt this way about 80s cars such as the renault 5 etc and there boxy looks. however now i see them differently!

hard to compare it to a 2.0 as ive never owned one. but a lad i know who has commented he felt there was more power on tap throught the rev range. i cant imagine theres a great deal between them!
if i was to have one as a track car id choose the 2.0. the v6 dosent fill me with confidence and can feel a bit edgy but its not anywere as bad as what you read on the net!
a lot of people jump on the assumption that a phase 1 will kill you but it a phase 2 is fine. i think the truth is more if your driving to the extent you loose the car either will probably kill you. its absolutely fine as long as you respect what it is and the road conditions

what owners will say about comparing it other similar cars like the 2.0 etc is that theres just something about the car thats different and unlike anything else! something that keeps you smiling!

just realised the extent of that essay!

p.s trophy spoiler would be cool!
Old 29th September 2015, 17:26   #11
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Yeah I noticed it had the same spoiler mine currently has on (I got rid of my cup spoiler) I know the trophy and v6 share the same spoiler.
Old 1st October 2015, 18:46   #12
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

yeah think there quite rare to find them unless maybe you get a rep. costly too for what they are!

but defintely a thought for the future, im certainly in no rush with the car as i dont plan on it going anywere anytime soon. ill plan it year by year id imagine to what it needs!

keep looking at ax gti's now too haha