Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd November 2007, 00:59   #21
Hewitt
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hewitt is a name known to allHewitt is a name known to allHewitt is a name known to allHewitt is a name known to allHewitt is a name known to allHewitt is a name known to all

Really Helpful Guide

**My Progress Thread**http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97501
RETRIMMED VTR INTERIOR FOR SALE BLACK LEATHER AND SUADE PM ME
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 20:19   #22
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Updated The References Section
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 20:55   #23
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): corsa 1.2 Saxo VTR
Tim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud of

With regards to the engine mounts when converting from a vtr to vts(mk1) which ones will i use ? im guessing
top left - vtr mount,
gearbox top right and bottom - vts mounts
am i correct?
Tim_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 00:07   #24
coolj522
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr/S
coolj522 will become famous soon enoughcoolj522 will become famous soon enough

ok ive done a vts conversion into my 2003 vtr, ive blocked the fuel return off, however it is running like f**k all!! im nt too sure on how to go about the fuel return tho, could someone please help??

thanks!
coolj522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 01:22   #25
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

its running like fuck all??? does that mean its not running or its running shit?
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 16:58   #26
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_1 View Post
With regards to the engine mounts when converting from a vtr to vts(mk1) which ones will i use ? im guessing
top left - vtr mount,
gearbox top right and bottom - vts mounts
am i correct?
ECU mount you need the VTS one all the others are fine.
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 23:56   #27
onzakieron
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTRRRRR
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
onzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud ofonzakieron has much to be proud of

Just a quickie.

If I'm running a 2000 vtr atm, if I got any old GTI engine, what else would I need to make it work, e.g if it was a 03 plate 3 plug and mile was a 96 1 plug. Don't know if they exist but just to get the example..

If the engine and car were the worst match ever what would I need extra?
onzakieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:54   #28
ChrisT
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr 106 gti
iTrader Score: -1 (33%)
ChrisT is infamous around these parts

Could you please update the pics as there not working anymore some of em
ChrisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 20:34   #29
gavbey
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): cammed saxo vts
gavbey will become famous soon enough

ye pics dont seem to work any more , thanks
gavbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 18:45   #30
Geetie_Donny

Geetie_Donny is on a distinguished road

im in the middle of a gti conversion for my quiksilver, my car is a 1 plug ecu n my 16v is 1 plug ecu!!! and i have the engine loom 2, do i need 2 worry bout the main loom inside the car or is it all the same?
Geetie_Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 19:49   #31
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavbey View Post
ye pics dont seem to work any more , thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
Could you please update the pics as there not working anymore some of em

Make sure you are logged into facebook.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:46   #32
djrem
Saxperience Addict

just logged into facebook and the photo sections down at the moment.

Will update when its available.

if i dont do it within days, pm me to get my finger out.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:02   #33
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geetie_Donny View Post
im in the middle of a gti conversion for my quiksilver, my car is a 1 plug ecu n my 16v is 1 plug ecu!!! and i have the engine loom 2, do i need 2 worry bout the main loom inside the car or is it all the same?
The only loom you change is the engine loom. The interior loom can stay put
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 13:28   #34
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

With regards to the engine mount thats under the ECU it would be well worth keeping the VTS one on the car and getting the appropriate mounting bracket welded on in order to do this (lesser modelled 1.0 and 1.1 has a more basic mount as you've pointed out but im sure this was uprated by Citroen for a reason)

To get the correct mounting bit you cannot buy it direct from citroen but if you do a bit of calling around local scrappys where a 1.4/vtr/vts has already had its engine removed then with a good drill bit and a screwdriver you can take the bracket off and get it welded onto your car fairly cheaply.

Also with the fuel return line a 1.0 and a 1.1 is fortunate enough to already have a return line plumbed in (kinda helpful there) so this is really easy to get around.

For 1.4 and vtr owners you can get the return lines from a scrappy (theyre a pain to remove) or you can buy the parts new from citroen and feed them into your car relatively easily by following the supply line from the engine bay to the pump or vice versa.

If anyone wants the part numbers for the fuel lines i can find these out for you if needed
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 13:32   #35
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Lots of awesome info in here. Rem when youve got the pics back up could you post in the thread so it comes up on my subscription thing, then ill download it to a document.

Willsy, any idea if the 1.4 has the strengthened lower mount?
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 13:52   #36
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Willsy, any idea if the 1.4 has the strengthened lower mount?
The bottom gearbox one?
Old 28th October 2008, 14:02   #37
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Just generally actually, trying to tot up all the costs now, apart from the obvious ones like engine, box ecu etc etc
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:23   #38
willsy
West Midlands

The 1.4 has all the correct mounting points needed without any potential need for modification
Old 28th October 2008, 22:51   #39
turbotom
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTRS Land Rover Discovery x2 S1 106 R
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
turbotom is on a distinguished road

Im a bit confused on the engine mount front lol. Got a MK1 vtr single and i have a single VTS engine to go in. The mounts at first glance look exactly the same. Is this my dodgy eyes fooling me lol
turbotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:22   #40
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotom View Post
Im a bit confused on the engine mount front lol. Got a MK1 vtr single and i have a single VTS engine to go in. The mounts at first glance look exactly the same. Is this my dodgy eyes fooling me lol
Theyll be the same on yours Tom

Drivers side (under ecu) mount is the only one that varies

1.0 and 1.1 have a very basic mount which is easily identifyable as it doesnt have the 'domed' shape on top or a noticeable spot welded on bracket.

1.4/vtr/vts all have the larger domed shape mount which bolts onto the spot welded bracket on the inner leg.

Ill try and find some pics of mine (should be some in my engine progress thread)