Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd January 2008, 22:16   #1
chrisvts_16v
L-plater

chrisvts_16v has a spectacular aura aboutchrisvts_16v has a spectacular aura about
Default wireless router help

got my self a laptop today which is wireless, my gf isalready using her PC with a broadband connection. cant afford a router yet so i stole my dads as he hasnt got a computer anymore.

only problem is he doesnt have the instructions on hopw to set it up, ive got a some cables and the router itself.

any ideas on setting this up? its a belkin if that helps.

any help appreciated.
chrisvts_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:18   #2
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

Go to the belkin site, They will have documentation there.
You will probably need to reset it too, usually a reset button on the router.

Is it suitable for the connection too, ie Cable or ADSL.
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:36   #3
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

Reset the new router to default values.

You'll need to set up the broadband username and password on the new router in order for it to connect to the ISP properly.

After that the desktop PC should work ok (as in recognise the router and connect to the internet). Then you'll just need to setup the wireless settings, and ideally put some sort of encryption on it so your neighbours can't borrow it.
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:23   #4
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

when its plugged in. open the web browser it should come up with a blank page as you are not connected. then type in the address bar 192.168.2.1 it should bring up the user interface thing
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:35   #5
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

whereabout are you located mate? If its any where near to me, i'd do it for ya for a bit of dollar
Old 24th January 2008, 09:23   #6
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_jim View Post
when its plugged in. open the web browser it should come up with a blank page as you are not connected. then type in the address bar 192.168.2.1 it should bring up the user interface thing
not all get put to the default Ip which also isn't 192.168.2.1 its usually 192.168.1.1

Should just downlaod the drivers plug it all in corectly tell it username and password, might not even need to do that and bobs your uncle
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 19:46   #7
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

i dunno but all the belkin ones ive seen are 192.168.2.1. the one i set up yesterday was 100% 2.1
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote