Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 18th December 2008, 17:48   #1
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold
Default SDHC micro SD Card problem

I've just bought a SDHC micro sd card from ebay.

But when i insert it into the SD card reader with the sd adapter it says this disc needs to be formatted. Do you want to format this, I click yes and then it says this can't be formatted. If you click no then obviously it will cancel it all/wont do anything.
The card is 8gb. I heard there are problems with reading high capacity sd cards higher than 2gb.
I have an external SD card reader. Is there a simple fix to this, i.e a driver you know of?
My SD reader works fine, I can use my 1gb and 512mb and they read fine.
My new Micro SD works fine when inserted in my phone. It reads it and can write to it etc.
I want to transfer a couple of gigs over and I don't want to go through a lengthy period of transferring files to my phone memory then onto the 8gb doing it several times over again.

Any help?
Old 18th December 2008, 18:57   #2
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

If I remember rightly there's a little sliding switch on the side of the card that locks / unlocks it to be wrote to, tried playing with that?

If not, then I'm as clueless as you..
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 19:46   #3
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

If i read this right, you've got a SDHC card and a standard SD card reader, if so then that is your problem. Standard SD card readers cannot read SDHC cards. You need a SDHC card reader.
Old 18th December 2008, 20:03   #4
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Pieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nice

On the slide on the side place it in Unlock.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 20:06   #5
davidandrews5343
Established Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Newage WRX
davidandrews5343 will become famous soon enough

i had the exact same problem with my 8 gig sd card, my external pen drive like sd reader came up with that fault, but the internal reader on my laptop, and my pda said it was fine, so i bought an internal mulitreader off ebay for £10, had no problems since
Old 18th December 2008, 20:32   #6
bpm
Established Member
Central South Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 16v 1.6 VTS '99 (Pearlescent Blue/Red
bpm is on a distinguished road

Basically if a reader is not SDHC compatible it will not read over 2GB. So standard SD only.
bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 21:42   #7
Brooksy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

Yeh thanks Noddy & bpm!
You were right I found out a little while ago about it. I also didnt know that most newer phones can be run on the PC like a external Drive etc.. where as my old u600 couln't do that. But i now just plug n play with my micro sdhc in the phone and treat it as a external drive.
Saves me forking out on £7-10 on a sdhc reader!