Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 21st January 2008, 19:14   #1
seat-craig
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon
seat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant future
Default help

my router is giving me problems. every day or two at the most my wireless network connection wont go down but the internet will cut out from it. So i have to go and reset the router. any suggestions to why this is happening. its a netgear and i have just updated the latest firmware. all i can think of is replacing it which i cant be assed to do.
seat-craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 21:53   #2
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

First off - determine weather it is an issue with your router, or an issue with your ISP.

Next time you are unable to connect to the internet;

Do you know how to log into your router? If so - do that. If not it should be in your documentation. Then usually on the main page it will tell you your internet status. If this shows that it is up - then 99% of the time you should be able to connect to the net using your computer.

If it shows that the internet connection is down - it should also give the option to try and connect. Do it, leave a minute and try to connect to the internet again.

TBH the above should narrow down if its the router or ISP. If it happens repeatadly, i'd call your ISP and tell them that you are suffering from frequent disconnections. They'll no doubt go through a lot of tests for you to do, but as long as you know how to string them along they normally chase it up.
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote