Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 6th December 2008, 14:25   #61
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
lol you and many other will no i was joking ha!

Yeai can see it took you a while and there are some VERY valid points up there.

One thing i do agree with is what Kam said, about people coming across wrong, meh it is just the internet, some people do need to chil out abit
Yeah people blow it out of context, some members constantly see it as though people are trying to have an arguement with them.

Instead of sitting back and just reading whats been said and take it in.
Old 6th December 2008, 14:27   #62
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

i just laff it off tbh, canhave a REAL good giggle at how people think they are annoying you and hurting you, its pathetic in many ways, but sometimes, like me, my sarcasim can be taking wrong,.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 17:35   #63
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Honda DC5, Gruppe M and j's racing
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
saxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nice

Earlier today somene asked a question about removing a steering I posted a link to the FAQ and then stated that more people should use the FAQ's as there is far more detail there than they would likely get in a reply.

yes Search doesn work all the time but largely I have found what I needed using it and if there was anything i wanted to discuss further I would just dredge an old thread and go from there.

quick to the point, to the point no fakin', cookin mc's like a lb of bacon!!!
saxo_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 17:54   #64
Tim_W
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_ron View Post
If there was anything i wanted to discuss further I would just dredge an old thread and go from there.
No offence intended mate but dredging an old thread up is worse than starting a new one. I don't think many people like to see an old thread brought back from the dead, but i could be wrong. If you have a question that isnt asked on a daily basis its probably just worth asking it

Tim
Old 6th December 2008, 17:58   #65
Sophie123
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!

I can see how people get annoyed answering the same question over and over, and if you use the search function properly, it works well.
I was looking up some info the other day, and it came up with a thread that was from 2003, but i didnt feel the need to post in it, i found out what i needed to, that was that.

I dont really think the argument for 'post a link to the answer' is justified, why should the 'experienced' members have to search for the links to post to the newbies?
But i do agree there is no need to be rude to them.
Everyone was new at some point and i doubt there is anyone that has never asked anything without searching first.
Sophie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 00:05   #66
demon_dan
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Honda S2000
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
demon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to behold

I find I say the same things in loads of different posts, answering the same questions, often I just put a link up to a relevent thread if I can be bothered ...and sometimes I think FFS SEARCH ...but just never say it LOL. I think another point to make is that you do get noobs who jump on here, excited, just got a Saxo, not bothering to read through anything, no searching, straight on the forum and asking questions ...that's fair enough, a couple of pointers in the right direction, helpful suggestions and they're away ... ...but the guy who asked the question that started this whole thing in the first place actually has something like over 200 posts which in my opinion doesn't make him a noob ...it makes him someone who has read through threads, posted a fair bit (hopefully not pointless lol), used the forums and should know to search! I've only got something like 30 more posts than him and I don't consider myself a noob and have used the search button many times ...and yes I did use it to find out how to T-Cut my badges

My VTR Progress Thread
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/ use code MP133008 for 5% off your first order
demon_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 00:29   #67
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

imo there is a few e-warriors on here, but tbh i just get on with it, as ive taking it to heart in the past

Last edited by Prickle; 7th December 2008 at 01:16.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 00:56   #68
Matto
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk2 Golf
Matto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really nice

What about if the thread starter was able to moderate there own thread? Maybe only the 'Citroen Saxo Related Forums' sub forums though, where people could then look through a thread or mechanical/bodywork guide without having to trawl though, 'HA, LOL, FTW, STFU, GTFO' posts.Then the thread starter would be able to delete any abusive or totally unrelated posts etc.
The other areas like the market place and Saxperience affiliates reviews would be moderated by allocated mods, as to keep a fair and honest review of each business/seller.

Or is that giving the people to much POWAAA!
Matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 11:45   #69
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_1.1i View Post
imo there is a few e-warriors on here, but tbh i just get on with it, as ive taking it to heart in the past
tbh there isnt any major e-warriors on here.

Its just YOU post loads of pointless shit. Then you cry on when someone laugh's at you.

Sorry but its the truth.
Least your not taking it to heart anymore.

Last edited by Steve; 7th December 2008 at 11:47.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 19:00   #70
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

The way I see it is that a lot of these new user questions are silly dreamer questions and they are not even remotely likely to go ahead with what they are asking. Like if they can't be arsed to search for the answer, then how serious are they really going to be about doing it. For example 2 litre engines in a saxo and all that.

Maybe it's how society has gotten that we want everything handed to us on a plate now adays, but who knows.

Again just my opinion.

And I'm sure I have helped plenty of folk either through my mistakes or advice I have given out.

But I use different sites for different stuff, as for technical stuff, the rallye register is much better. Although not saying there isn't any technical excellence here, stevenet is a good example of someone who has posted some really good guides. But I joined this site because it's a friendly place. I use 106 owners to sell/buy stuff generally, thats it. This last parapgraph is not an attack on any site or to cause any trouble at all, just what I use the sites for due to my opinion.
Old 14th December 2008, 21:19   #71
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

not being funny your actually saying my name making me look like a c*nt when im not , i wasnt doing anything to the thread i had osted a response that had a link to a video in it and it was the wrong thing so i wanted my post deleting so simple i just wrote delete on it so a moderator could sort it out . get a life
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote