Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 11th October 2009, 03:15   #181
Dave89
Established Member
Ireland Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDI, VW Golf GT TDI ,Rover 214
Dave89 is on a distinguished road

Not good enough mate
Dave89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 16:38   #182
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

Car(s): VTRallye
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

Updates and stuff.

Been a busy bee, with work at college days of late, so here is an update well over due.

got some new wheels, picked them up for £100, but 2 tyres where bald as, so some new rubber straight away.

also serviced her, sparks plugs, anit freeze, fuel filter oil filter and all that jazz, whislt changing the oil i fitted an oil cooler to.

also purachsed a 98hp bottom end, as they have higher compression, unfortunatley the seller the said the sump was empty......like funk was it.

looking at getting my s1 rallye head skimmed as it was badly damaged it transit, however it maye be a wright off, so shall trade in for an xsi one done at the scrappy.

bought some coilovers, just need to get some new bearing and get the hubs press back in and have my damper machined down.

rolling back on standard air filter with the itg panel filter, looking at making a one off airbox or getting a BMC.

also have a fuel leak :s

gearbox did NOT love this lol

Last edited by frankie; 29th November 2009 at 16:46.
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 16:48   #183
Dave89
Established Member

Very nice mate.
I'm glad the 2 weeks of moaning about the lack of updates has paid off

Btw at Xmas when I'm back at uni I NEED TO SEE THIS lol
Also My mothers mechanic in Norn Iron has acquired me for the some of a few pints a 306 HDI that needs some work

Last edited by Dave89; 29th November 2009 at 17:03.
Old 29th November 2009, 16:49   #184
Dave89
Established Member

Love the last photo in the wasser too mate

Where bouts in glorious Somerset was that?
Old 29th November 2009, 16:50   #185
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

dave you homo, why did you quote it lol.

alrite, dave just give me a message when you back and we'll sort a meet. should be on coilovers by then.

was in wellow, deep deep somerset lol
Old 29th November 2009, 17:07   #186
Dave89
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
dave you homo, why did you quote it lol.

alrite, dave just give me a message when you back and we'll sort a meet. should be on coilovers by then.

was in wellow, deep deep somerset lol
Lol edited just for you mate

I will buddy that'd be sound as chuff, BTW msn or pm me on here your number again as when you gave it to me last I forgot to save it haha

Wellow is deeeeeeep, what you doing down that way? Last time I was there I was working with my father when he had the shitty Zafira hire thing and it got stuck in the water when it flooded last year lol
Old 29th November 2009, 17:09   #187
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

ill send it you in a minute.

looking to get some 106 mirrors, but there all sold seperatly which is mega gay.

went to pick ash holborn up, he live that way
Old 29th November 2009, 17:12   #188
Dave89
Established Member

Cheers fella

106 mirrors would look grand, you still thinking of tinting the lights and fogs yellow touring car styley?
Didnt realise he lived that far into the woods lol

Last edited by Dave89; 29th November 2009 at 17:19.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:14   #189
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

yea, but its ever £30 for a can of spray. or have to get tinting film and not to kean on that idea personally.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:19   #190
Dave89
Established Member

£30 its a fooking rip off mate!
I'll speak to my old man for ya cause he may be able to aquire some from work due to the cherry pickers they have get the lights tinted like that to reduce glare or some shit, dont take my word though, i probs miss heard him lol.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:21   #191
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

from america thats why lol.

alreet have a word.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:25   #192
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

S8TTG Has some 106 mirrors for sale - worth pm'ing him - he's in Bournemouth.

lol, your picture crossing that river is why people SHOULDN'T put their cold air feed in their foglight!!!
Old 29th November 2009, 17:27   #193
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

cheers rauchz.

just after i went through a land rover disco came round the corner......he went over the bridge
Old 29th November 2009, 17:28   #194
vtr_chris90
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
vtr_chris90 is on a distinguished road

Ahhhh it's bout time you did an update lol haha
looking good though man, I like the wheels and coilys, what's the setup then?
Oh and a quick one you may struggle using the xsi head and 98bhp bottom end mate, it uses higher comp but because the pistons are
flat, where as on early VTRs they are dished, so you may struggle with clearence pheonix saxo used blacktop head and he had flat pistons and he had to get them potted cause he didn't have the clearence, so double check ur pistons before you fit the head, just a quick word
of advice mate

Good progress though dude

Last edited by vtr_chris90; 29th November 2009 at 17:30.
vtr_chris90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 17:40   #195
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

cheers chris.

apex dampers and 120lb springs 7" free length (which seem abit to short be we'll see) a 2" helpers.

yea that did cross my mind, but ive not had a proper investigation yet. im going to rebuild it so the piston will be taken out.

any idea how much and where i can get the pistons done to?
Old 29th November 2009, 18:03   #196
vtr_chris90
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
vtr_chris90 is on a distinguished road

No worries mate
ahh sounds gd man should be a bit better
oh right yer hav a good look Into it mate, erm well where I'm sure could five sandy a pm on rr o think colin on there does machine work Im sure ballpark figures for pocketing pistons was about 250 can't remember give them a pm he will be able to help or rajinator cause he's just potted his pistons I think his dad does it.
But I think you may need it doing tbh or unless u use the early pistons then you won't need it doing, should be food though, u rebuilding with a nice cam too are ya? I just gotmine timed up on the rollers the other night I made 120bhp unmapped, still may be able to squeez a few more out as we ran out of time and I'm sure it could have gone another deg or 2. U using rallye inlet too?
Oh I just though I forgot to reply to ur pmlol sorry I'll get some pics over next weeked showing u how I did my inlet mate and maybe a vid lol cause I might be going back on rollers at the weekend
Old 29th November 2009, 20:06   #197
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Frankie mate, its been too long..

This Saxo is pretty damn mint tbh..You like your Posi Blue ones though dont you, lol..

Those coilovers look nice..
Old 30th November 2009, 10:14   #198
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

shit the bed, mite just whack a 16v in then, be cheaper than getting the pistons done.
120hp is good going mate, hows the pred trial going?

cheers james, posi blue all the way, you still thinking of getting a saxo?
Old 30th November 2009, 11:29   #199
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah im defo getting another when i can, a VTS this time with some TB's etc..
Old 29th December 2009, 16:21   #200
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

Moar updates and stuff.

Car got broken into last week, only thing that got taken was my college bag and work boots, left the radio though . and drove into a hedge/verge when we had loads of ice.

got a ripspeed radio for christmas (as the other one was gash, which is probably why it didnt get nicked lol), also got a helmet hammock, which comes in very handy for storing....college stuff.

just put the 98hp bottom end on its stand, and will start stripping it down to rebuild, although it was pretty low mileage when i bought it.

just took the rallye carpet out to clean it as it was proper manky, still pretty manky and jet washing it to.

BEFORE

AFTER

need to refit both my strut braces and do some interior painting, as the french are very skimpy when it comes to interior painting lol.

some goodie's