Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 6th May 2013, 21:10   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default getting out of contract?

Had a two year contract I think, got six months left, I fancy a new phone, anyway to get out of it??
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 21:55   #2
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

Not sure there's anyway of completely getting out of it but you could always reduce the tariff down to the lowest possible ie less minutes texts etc, thus reducing the cost.

Alternatively you could go to phones4u etc and they can sometimes buy you out of your current contract if you take out anew contract.
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 21:57   #3
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

No but you should be able to upgrade
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 22:28   #4
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Normaly to get out of your contract early you pay the months left Times the amount you pay a month

Ring them up and they might let you upgrade early if you spend enough each month
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 23:03   #5
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

go to Phones 4 U, they do some deal where you give them your old phone and that suaully pays off what the contract is worth and then you can take out a new contract on the day.
Old 7th May 2013, 00:24   #6
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Subtle View Post
Not sure there's anyway of completely getting out of it but you could always reduce the tariff down to the lowest possible ie less minutes texts etc, thus reducing the cost.

Alternatively you could go to phones4u etc and they can sometimes buy you out of your current contract if you take out anew contract.
They don't actually buy you out of it though.. They take your old phone, give you money for it, then advise you to spend the money to pay the rest of your contract off in one sum..

You can ring up and just pay the remainder if your contract Matt..

6 months at £35 say.. £205 to buy out..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:03   #7
Simonn
L-plater

Car(s): Silver VTR
Simonn is on a distinguished road

Tell them you want to cancel and it'll cost you your monthly tariff by remaining months as said up there ^
Simonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 15:55   #8
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Went in, said i could pay 200 for early upgrade i said no, went to walk out and they said hang on, reduced it to one fifty, then said heres 100 Cash back and fifty for phone.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:56   #9
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
Went in, said i could pay 200 for early upgrade i said no, went to walk out and they said hang on, reduced it to one fifty, then said heres 100 Cash back and fifty for phone.
How much do you pay monthly for your phone out of interest, I only have until September to wait on mine and dying for a new phone.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:01   #10
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

35 mate. I said just wondered what i had Left to Run, wasnt really looking for a new phone. They said oh pay this and you can get new one. Just stopped and said nah not paying anything not interested. Thats at phones for you
Old 9th May 2013, 16:09   #11
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
35 mate. I said just wondered what i had Left to Run, wasnt really looking for a new phone. They said oh pay this and you can get new one. Just stopped and said nah not paying anything not interested. Thats at phones for you
I may try my luck with them this weekend then, I want to keep my old phone though as my daughter is having it.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:24   #12
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

you dont have to trade it