Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 10th July 2018, 22:19   #1
SpijkerVTS

SpijkerVTS is on a distinguished road
Default Phase 1 Magenta VTS what to do?

Ive had a few saxo's and 106's about 13 i think of the top of my head, and previously owned a caged magenta red vtr at 20 that had been set up for track on L plates the car was awesome and the colour gorgeous, not knowing how rare it was i sold it shortly after passing my test thinking id not be able to insure it, moved on to a broken audi a4, matey crashed the car and it ended up in the scrappy.
A few weeks back i found this one on ebay and couldnt believe my eyes i had to have it, after it dissapearing off of ebay, me finding it on gumtree and 8 hours of driving its home with me and im making a start on it and enjoying every bit of it 6 years later.

But what to do, track build, oem build but lower or stance it a little for shows etc ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
SpijkerVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2018, 22:24   #2
SpijkerVTS

Day after i picked it up i did the discs and pads all round as they were shot, looks like its had recent rear calipers everything went nice and easily gave the calipers a lick of paint while i was there and cleaned out all the arches made a big difference!

Old 10th July 2018, 22:25   #3
SpijkerVTS

Just abit of a difference hadnt been done for a long time!

Old 10th July 2018, 22:31   #4
SpijkerVTS

Once it was done out for a blast and some photo's most of mine have been lowered in the past , it was alot of fun but my god is it scary around corners its not quite as clean as it is in pictures the bonnet a pillars wings are chipped and the roof needs repainting due to laquer peel but for a 21 year old shes doing alright!

Old 10th July 2018, 22:37   #5
SpijkerVTS

Couple of weeks have been by and i cleaned up the engine bay as much as i can for now, if anyones good with removing alarm wiring let me know , the sounder isnt there , its just got standard remote locking but im far too scared it wont run again to be pulling wires out as im no good with that stuff! Its looking better definitely.

Old 10th July 2018, 22:41   #6
SpijkerVTS

Next up was the anti roll bar bushes , mine were knackered , cheap and easy fix only £21 from strong flex uk , feels alot less wobbly on a roundabout now but will still need alot more work.

Old 10th July 2018, 22:46   #7
SpijkerVTS

Gave it a good once over with my da and some cutting/finishing compounds a weekend or two ago, the colour is brilliant , im really struggling with what way to go with this car all sorts of ideas

Old 10th July 2018, 23:02   #8
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Great project. Looks clean!
Did you have a 2 tone VTS before?
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 16:34   #9
SpijkerVTS

Cheers mate it needs some tidying up and paint but its a good base project, i had a blue and silver vtr many moons ago bud but dont think i posted it on here.
Old 26th July 2018, 20:35   #10
SpijkerVTS

Nothing major but given the front wiper arms a lick of paint changed the blades to aero and dewipered the rear also fixed the half hanging brake light/rattle with a jag numberplate clip strangely enough much better less annoying!

Old 26th July 2018, 20:36   #11
SpijkerVTS

Nice little drive out the other day got me in the mood for some photos

Old 26th July 2018, 20:38   #12
SpijkerVTS

Purchased a recently refurbished axle too as i want to lower the car a tad , this popped up on ebay for a decent price kill two birds with one stone when it arrives

Old 27th July 2018, 08:12   #13
PolishSaxoOwner
L-plater

Car(s): Half-Hooptie LHD 1.6 8v
PolishSaxoOwner is on a distinguished road

Hi mate. That's one mint-looking specimen.
I've seen a couple photos of a red mk2 vts, colour coded bodykit parts, and gloss white indianapolis rims. I this it was magenta also.
These photos can be found there: http://alex.insaniak.com/saxonetwork/suki.php
It looks amazing in my opinion. Especially the rims. Not sure about color coding, but I like it both ways.
Painting the lower, concave part of the rear bumper black is a nice visual mod on saxos of a few colours aswell, red included. Color coding would be more invasive, and this one could be done with some kind of a peelable paint.
Other than that I would just lower it very slightly and maybe put a nice, just a tiny bit louder exhaust.
Even if you don't do anything to it, magenta red is one sexy colour for a saxo.
PolishSaxoOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 19:02   #14
SpijkerVTS

Cheers mate , i am very tempted to get it all colour coded as it does need the roof sprating along with bonnet and wings from chips etc, cant say ive seen a colour coded one in this colour so would be nice but then i also like the standard outside look so we shall see! The exhaust is non standard and it has a decat but still has centre box so its just right! Will lower it probably 60mm with different wheels and a vts spoiler i think

Old 27th July 2018, 21:18   #15
PolishSaxoOwner
L-plater

Car(s): Half-Hooptie LHD 1.6 8v
PolishSaxoOwner is on a distinguished road

I am the biggest proponent of putting white rims on saxos. Even white steels look great on them
How much does a refurbished VTS beam cost over there? Will need one in some time too, they're around 1100 PLN/230 GBP/260 EUR here, but it's very hard to find one.
PolishSaxoOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 19:58   #16
SpijkerVTS

Aha cant say im a fan on white wheels unless the cars white , thats pretty cheap bud theyre about 300 quid here!

Old 4th August 2018, 13:31   #17
SpijkerVTS

New axle is here and ready to have some polybushes put in then fitted to the car

Old 4th August 2018, 16:07   #18
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Very clean looking car, i think it would be a shame to turn it into a track car as its so tidy. I'd probably just get it mint and subtle mods. It's your car though so have fun with it, its funny cos from reading your thread i'm a similar age to you and also owned my VTR at 20 and am looking for another now to re-live the saxo days haha.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 19:53   #19
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Polish up the cam covers,it's a rare colour keep it pretty standard.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 18:01   #20
SpijkerVTS

Thanks guys, Its not going to be a full on track car im just doing things that i know the saxo particuarly suffers with like shit brakes shit height etc aha exactly that mate in my time ive had about 14 saxo's and 106's that now ive finally got a mk1 vts in the colour i wanted that im going to do the things i wanted to do when i was younger just never got round to it

The Following User Says Thank You to SpijkerVTS For This Useful Post: