Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 19th September 2014, 22:38   #1
UKtom
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Scirocco
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
UKtom is on a distinguished road
Wink UKtom's OEM+ Scirocco

So after sitting down and working out just how much I was spending on running the 350z it was time to get something better suited to my needs. A 3.5l petrol thirsty v6 is not ideal when you're covering near 2,000 miles a month!

I was originally planning on buying a MK6 Golf TDI however after going to view one I absolutely hated it. The salesman that I saw recommended a scirocco, same engine and reliability as a golf but a little more sporty and a few more gadgets inside. After sitting in one at a VW garage it felt like a completely different car and I fell in love! my mind was made up so the next few nights consisted of searching ebay, autotrader, pistonheads and gumtree for the right one. I wasn't too fussy, but it had to be diesel, preferably white, low-ish miles and have touch screen media.

A few days later one popped up (slightly more than I originally planned on spending) but great condition, mileage and had everything I wanted so I took the plunge and bought it! Here she is the day I bought it and on the drive home, my 59 plate 2.0 tdi rocco:

After a good clean:

I am absolutely loving it so far, 55mpg average (almost 3 times the 350z!) and such a comfortable drive.

Mods have already begun.. i purchased some LED rear numberplate lights (the whole unit, not just the bulb) - to say they're 'bright' would be an understatement:

I also debadged the 2.0 tdi today, think I'll also take the 'scirocco' one off tomorrow:

Lots of plans for this one, a few listed below:

- Coilovers
- Dished Wheels of some sort
- Dewiper
- Colour coded side strips
- Full LED interior bulb upgrade
- Projector Xenon Headlights (from Scirocco R)
- Scirocco R rear lights
- Scirocco R front bumper
- Scirocco R rear bumper
- Scirocco R side skirts
- Front Splitter
- New interior mats

Lots to come, will keep this updated as regularly as possible. Thanks for reading

Tom

Last edited by UKtom; 12th July 2015 at 23:28.
UKtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 17:58   #2
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Love these.. Getting a bit sick of white cars now though! More a fan of a good gun metal grey car!

What's the inside like on these? Could you get a few pictures.. Would be interested to see what the front and back seats are like, as well as the dash!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiith For This Useful Post:
Old 20th September 2014, 19:11   #3
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

I rode the MPG buzz for about 5 years with my 320d after I blew my legacy up!

Get roadtrip installed on your phone and log all your fuel, it'll give you timber!
Old 20th September 2014, 22:17   #4
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Love these.. Getting a bit sick of white cars now though! More a fan of a good gun metal grey car!

What's the inside like on these? Could you get a few pictures.. Would be interested to see what the front and back seats are like, as well as the dash!
thanks mate! I agree on white being too common, but I'm a sucker for it and it's the best colour on a modded scirocco no contest! Interior is amazing, the seats are comfier than I've had in both my MINI and 350z. Surprisingly this time I purposely picked one without leather - the leather seats look worn very quickly and I personally think the cloth interior on the scirocco looks 10 times better.

I've put a pic below of my interior, it's got climate control, steering wheel controls (Bluetooth, radio and trip computer buttons) as well as the VW optional extra media player stereo - apparantly you can connect your iPhone and the iPhone screen comes up on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
I rode the MPG buzz for about 5 years with my 320d after I blew my legacy up!

Get roadtrip installed on your phone and log all your fuel, it'll give you timber!
hahaha, I haven't heard of it before... I'll check it out

After some research this is my inspiration:

Tom
Old 21st September 2014, 14:28   #5
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road

nice, i bought a 2006 golf gti, i wish i had waited for a model with the xenons and the RNS510 headunit though but at the time i was just excited to get one regardless of the optional extras, thankfully it came with the extra 18" monza alloys though the 17's look small due to the chunky spoke design

my range says about 360 miles but i can usually push it to 330 and thats with spirited driving so not too bad

I have been tempted by the newer mk6 but in a diesel gt tdi (not the gtd bit too expensive)

jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffchiz For This Useful Post:
Old 18th October 2014, 17:08   #6
UKtom
Established Member

little update!

The rocco has had a few changes since my last post; full LED interior & exterior bulb upgrade, every single bulb replaced. I've dropped off some replacement door bump strips to a local body shop which are being colour coded as we speak and should be ready to fit Thursday, plus my private plate is finally on! Also purchased a 3/4 plate for the front:

Also, some good news! These are on pre order ready for release next February They are already available in 5x114 fitment but 5x112 fitment is being released early next year. They are Whistler KR1's in 18 inch, 9.5J. Should hopefully suit the look I'm going for... just need to get coilovers before fitting them!

Hope you like, cheers for looking!

Tom
Old 25th October 2014, 10:11   #7
UKtom
Established Member

Small update - we tried to fit the colour coded door strips on Thursday but the paint code was slightly off, so my local bodyshop weren't happy and have offered to repaint them at no extra cost.

I did however splash out on getting the roof wrapped gloss black! I was undecided what to do with the spoiler because of its shape, but I'm happy with the outcome and it looks a million times different in person Some pics of before, during and after (apologies for crappy iphone pics):

I'm hoping to purchase coilovers soon, they should be on by the end of the year fingers crossed - and then wheels to follow at the beginning of next year, woo!

It's slowly coming together and I'm falling even more in love with the car with every time I drive it!

Thanks for looking,
Tom
Old 25th October 2014, 11:31   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Looks good bud.. Not sure about the spoiler, but i think it looks good because it's kind of give it a new shape.. Something that will grow i'd think.. You're soon getting to work on it though, so well done!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiith For This Useful Post:
Old 29th November 2014, 15:20   #9
UKtom
Established Member

Today has been a productive day with the rocco - started off by visiting a friends body shop to get my side strips colour coded - obligatory photo below of when we arrived earlier this morning:

A few hours later, all new colour coded side strips had been fitted... but the car was filthy! So back home, gave the car a proper going over. Snow foam, clayed, polished and waxed. Here are the results:

On a side note, my future plans have slightly changed - I'm currently saving for air which should be fitted around March 2015... can't wait!!

Thanks for looking!
Tom
Old 15th December 2014, 11:42   #10
KaiWilson

Car(s): Saxo 1 litre T reg
KaiWilson is on a distinguished road

Not gonna lie looks shit hot!!
KaiWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KaiWilson For This Useful Post:
Old 11th January 2015, 18:49   #11
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWilson View Post
Not gonna lie looks shit hot!!
Thanks Kai!! Great to get some positive feedback

I haven't updated in a while, lots of saving has been happening and in the next month or two the rocco will be going on air! I've chosen Airlift Performance struts with V2 management and I literally can't wait! It's slowly piecing all together ready for car shows this year :hyper:

I gave the car a full winter protection detail last week with a friend, so a couple of obligatory cleaning pics below!

Thanks for reading.
Tom
Old 29th January 2015, 21:23   #12
UKtom
Established Member

A little update!! My new splitter arrived today - I did plan on waiting for the car to be lowered before fitting it but impatience got the better of me!

It was a relatively straight forward and simple fit, although I'm not 100% happy with how it sits so will be giving it some adjustment tomorrow. I'll let the pics do the talking...

I'm really pleased with it! Next on the agenda should be lows Hope you guys like!

Tom
Old 24th February 2015, 19:01   #13
UKtom
Established Member

Haven't updated here in a while! So most of you will know I was saving for air for the past 6 months or so, I was ready to purchase it last week but thought I'd call my insurance beforehand. Long story short, Aviva won't insure air suspension. I would have switched insurers, but I have 3 months left until I gain another years NCB so not worth it.

Dreams ruined, I saw it as a sign and to cheer myself up, made a few impulse purchases!

Firstly were a set of brand new genuine R rear lights from the dealer. I'm a bit fussy with things like this, I prefer to buy brand new OEM spec than eBay second hand ones - do it once, do it properly and all that. Here they are:

(ignore the dirty boot!!)

I also impulse bought some coilovers. After reading lots of reviews and after having the same brand on one of my previous cars (MINI Cooper S), I went for AP. I never had any complaints when they were fitted before, they were really comfy and excellent value for money. More pics when they arrive

I've also booked it in at a local body shop for this coming Saturday - front bumper is being resprayed, numberplate being smoothed and I'm also colour coding the side of the grills as most people do to give it a 'R look'. Rear badge is being colour coded too - pics to come.

Wheel wise I'm stuck for ideas - I really love Rotiform IND's but they're too common on sciroccos for my liking, so keeping my eyes peeled for something special

Hope you guys like... can't wait for it to be low now (even if it is on coilovers )

Tom
Old 27th February 2015, 21:59   #14
UKtom
Established Member

These beauties arrived today... can't wait to fit them now!

More pics to follow once fitted

Tom
Old 2nd March 2015, 19:50   #15
UKtom
Established Member

Coilovers are now on! Car feels so much better and ride comfort is great, I can't rate AP coilovers enough.

I'll let the pics do the talking... I've started off with a sensible height whilst they settle

...and also some new rubber arrived today, being fitted tomorrow along with tracking (both very much needed!)

Hope you guys like! Plenty more to come over the next couple of weeks!!
Tom
Old 2nd March 2015, 22:20   #16
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

I love the car but seriously dislike the wheels. Maybe it's me being snobby but they're just fake 3SDM 0.06 and even worse, fake versions of 3 piece splits fake wheels.

Wheels make or break a car. Fake wheels on a Polo or Corsa, meh. But not on something like this!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:51   #17
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
I love the car but seriously dislike the wheels. Maybe it's me being snobby but they're just fake 3SDM 0.06 and even worse, fake versions of 3 piece splits fake wheels.

Wheels make or break a car. Fake wheels on a Polo or Corsa, meh. But not on something like this!
Yeah I agree with you Jay, I've since gone off the whistler wheels and completely agree with your point. I've been looking at rotiforms, i'd love TMB's but the IND's are a fair bit more affordable and also look amazing on the scirocco.

They are 19 inch, 10J wide but the only thing that puts me off is that they've been done before, but I really really like them!
Some pics from the rocco forum:

What do you think?

Tom
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:15   #18
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

The Rotiforms are a really smart wheel that aren't overly in your face. I'd certainly take the INDs over the Whistlers.

Ever thought about some Watercooled IND wheels? These are my favourite wheel and would look incredible on your Rocco!

I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:30   #19
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
The Rotiforms are a really smart wheel that aren't overly in your face. I'd certainly take the INDs over the Whistlers.

Ever thought about some Watercooled IND wheels? These are my favourite wheel and would look incredible on your Rocco!

Yeah I absolutely love them! big fan! You're a bad influence on my bank balance though
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:03   #20
pedromakarachi
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Vtr
pedromakarachi is on a distinguished road

Seriously liking the car and the touches applied. The front splitter is certainly a beneficial mod and not one I've seen before.

Wheels wise, imo, I think your in a major pickle as the Dub scene is rife with BBS fans, the new Rotiform following plus the obscene and obscure alloy fitment club. Which ever way you go there is bound to be a lover and a hater. Main thing is pick the wheels YOU want. My car philosophy's are 'be a crowd teaser, not a crowd pleaser', and 'why blend in when you can stand out?'.

Build the car for you!
pedromakarachi is offline   Reply With Quote