Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th September 2007, 09:53   #1
Ryan21
Established Member

Car(s): Astra Coupe
Ryan21 is a glorious beacon of lightRyan21 is a glorious beacon of lightRyan21 is a glorious beacon of lightRyan21 is a glorious beacon of lightRyan21 is a glorious beacon of lightRyan21 is a glorious beacon of light
Default BT Homehub Option 3

Opinions please?

Haven't got round to sorting the net out at home, ordering this today.

Anyone else got it?
Old 28th September 2007, 09:56   #2
CloVis
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Clio s
CloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team member

BT sucks tbf.
Used to work for them, if your lucky itl work after a few attempts, but after a while itl stop working so your have to spend countless hours being passed from call centre to call centre, by this time your be extremly pissed off and you may ask to speak to the manager. Then your get passed to the supervisor who will apoligise, but inform you your in the wromg department.
Then your say - fine ill cancel ive had enough, and there say, sorry its under contract.

etc etc etc.

Saying all that, things may have changed, and im sure some peoples actually work.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:21   #3
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Easty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant future

Just switched from BT as the service was appalling and the home hub never bloody worked. When we were on the land line, the internet worked, as soon as we came off the phone, no internet.

They sent an engineer round after 3 weeks of phone calls to India, and getting asked if my phone line was plugged in, and my pc was turned on.

Worked for a week, then the opposite happened, when the phone rang it CUT OFF the internet... another week of phone calls and no progress so we cancelled..

Just had 20mb Virgin Media put in yesterday, and it works a treat

That's just my own experience, my folks have option 3 too and i don't think they have had any problems.
Easty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 12:23   #4
Amiee
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): I.Car Mango Westcoast II.Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!

Bt are a joke... we had our phone bill come through we got the broadband, phone but cos we all have mobiles we barley use the house phone... had the bill come through £109 service charges!! mum nearly died , then it was 60 quid for BB so was not happy at all
u need a bag on her head to fuck it tbh
Amiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 12:23   #5
CloVis
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Clio s
CloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team memberCloVis is a well respected team member

See, BT sucks.
I bet the people in india asked you to turn off your pc, and back on, and to check if the hub was plugged in. lol. Basically moron speaches. lol

We have a broadband and mobile with orange, my dad does anyway. he pays about 30 a month for his mobile and broadband,and broadband is always on. Never off, always being used. Bargggin. Think that was a offer just when they came out though.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:27   #6
S70KES
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo GTI (106gti conversion)
S70KES is a glorious beacon of lightS70KES is a glorious beacon of lightS70KES is a glorious beacon of lightS70KES is a glorious beacon of lightS70KES is a glorious beacon of lightS70KES is a glorious beacon of light

in bt defence i have had it for 6 months and never had a problem.

agree with everyone else mind there customer service is shocking and it takes ages to get through but the internet havenever let me down.

personnaly i would have gone with Virgin if i could have it in my area.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:30   #7
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Easty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant future

Yep, i think the conversation was like this

BT "Good afternoon sir, BT Support Ranjeeta speaking hows may i help you"

ME "hello, my internet isn't working properly, only when i'm on the telephone"

BT "is it on now"?

ME "Yes, i'm on the telephone"

BT "so it works when you're not on the telephone"

ME "no, it works when im on the telephone"

BT "is your router plugged into a microfilter"

etc etc... for weeks, pillar to post, then passed us through to scotland, who said they only did phone line engineering not internet problems. AAAAGH!
Old 28th September 2007, 12:44   #8
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Is this the one where it's £18.99 a month and then goes to £24.99 a month plus unlimited downloads.

I think that's the one I am on and I have NO problems whatsoever. I find it quite fast and reliable to be honest. I hate getting through India though, can't understand them but usually the Scottish/English lot are very helpful.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 12:50   #9
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Im a computer engineer and i managed to set up my hub perfectly. Worked First time. All routers need restarting every now and then if they are connected to the internet perminately.

Make sure you have adsl microfilters in the right places. Need one on your phone.. sky digital box... etc. Make sure you read the instructions when you're setting it up.

Easty it sounds like you didnt have the adsl microfilters in the right places
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 13:08   #10
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

I used to be a computer engineer mate, i definately had them in the right places

When the engineer came round to sort it the first time, he was absolutely baffled... as was I !
Old 28th September 2007, 13:16   #11
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

ok i have the BT home hub and LOVE IT!!!

never have any probs
i have 1 pc and xbhox 360 via network cables and a Wii using wireless
never have slow speeds and think its pretty good! but soon i will be shopping around for a better deal and then see if BT will make it cheaper umahahah

but overall love the home hub
Old 28th September 2007, 13:20   #12
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Plusnet, go for it, if you refer people they kncok 50p of your bill, my old boss did it, he was a techy aswell, and they listen 2 us it technys we refer them we get cheaper broadban, hes paying less than £5 month for his now!

http://www.plus.net/
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 13:25   #13
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I have been with BT for 4 years now and have never had a problem. Even the call centres have been good. They are in India and im glaswegian born and bred and I have never had a single problem with them.

The home hub however didnt suit my house. Thick walls and metal framed extensions meant I had to change to a net gear rangemax. However I had no other problems with the router

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote