Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 4th August 2008, 19:38   #21
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

5D mkII or mkI, i would love! Be interesting to see the price and then i can calculate it in my budget for myself lol. As i want one!

Sayer still tryig to suss out online how to use the Sekonic L-358 not found out much from TP.

James do you know much about using light meters? How you use them properly had a quick go earlier and was getting under exposed images.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:52   #22
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

just found this, is it going to be shite or comparable to the canon kit 18-55 lens.
as i think it comes as EF fitment.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosina-19-35mm...6.c0.m14.l1318

yeah my mates 5d is really nice, one of the main thing i am jealous about its the screen size, compared to the 10d its massive lol.

Matt as for light meters at uni we use the Sekonic L-308s, purely because they are so easy to use. there are two main settings with the cone and without. when the cone is on it records reflected light ie the model would hold it and point it back at the camera. when it is off then it records direct light so the photographer would aim it at the subject (much like though the lens metering).

as for the modes. you will need to set the ISO and shutter speed to your desired settings, normally 200 iso and 1/200. then by taking a reading it will tell you what aperture to use. when using studio flash you will need to set it to a flash mode (either cord or cordless depending upon the lights) this is to fire the flashes whilst taking a reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 19:58   #23
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

If you look at mine it has the ball on top and im not sure if thats for me to hold and point at the subject or for them to hold.

I press the meter button and it adjusts both the AV and TV settings but i can the use the little wheel to adjust the aperture and it will adjust for the correct SS. But i am still getting slighlty dark images. I think its because i am metering wrong.
Im am holding and pointing towards the wall which i think may be wrong.

Cheers James
Old 4th August 2008, 20:04   #24
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Try this my child.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 20:17   #25
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Nice one Sayer there is a link to a good guide on there will get practising later. Just got to sift through the shoot i did last thursday and put on a CD for the client
Old 4th August 2008, 20:24   #26
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

remember the eyes chewoney.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:33   #27
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
remember the eyes chewoney.
Oh yer could you perhaps text or pm me the process just to jog my memory i think i remember just be good to have it in front of me as a guide.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:42   #28
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

I'll do a thread... make it easier.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:55   #29
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
I'll do a thread... make it easier.
Ill look forward to it! Cant believe your leaving me!
Old 4th August 2008, 21:51   #30
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

quick question, will an extension tube effect the focal length of the lens

Quote:
Old 4th August 2008, 21:56   #31
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

nope. but it'll stop it focusing to infinity mate.

But you can get soooo much closer in - cheap macro without the loss in quality
Old 4th August 2008, 22:09   #32
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

awesome cheers mate,
the reason i ask is:

i have been doing some research, intially i though you could just change the mount on the camera body (thinking the EF-S mount was different to the EF one) however thats not the case, they are the same. its not the mount but the mirror position, the 20d has a groove so the extra bit on the lens still fits, the 10d doesnt so the bit on the lens hits the mirror surround

first off i will try swaping the rear mount on the lens with an EF one so it is flat, if that is not a straight swap could i therefore use an extention ring to move the lens out a bit so it no longer hits the mirror surround
this is what otherwise would need removing

Quote:
Old 4th August 2008, 22:35   #33
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

was going to say... if you go to a 1d or a 5d you'll have the same problem... good luck with it though!
Old 4th August 2008, 22:41   #34
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

my dads has got an 18-55mm lens, will go round there tomorrow and steel it and see if the rear mounts are a straight swap lol. if not there is a 19-35mm cosina on ebay, bit of a crap make but its only £5 and the pics i have seen taken it look ok. or i could just be brave and cut the mount on a canon 18-55 just dont want to fuck up my camera. guess 'accidents' are always covered on house insurance

Quote:
Old 4th August 2008, 22:44   #35
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Just be careful James lol. Im sure cutting it wouldnt affect the camera too much unless you left a massive long sharp bit that will catch on the mirror.