Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 13th August 2008, 01:02   #41
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Ill be outside taking shots of him driving past. Might try being a passenger in a mates car and get some of another mates car driving next to me though. But IS wont really help much there due to the violent movement.

Wont use the IS all the time just handy to have. How do you set it up for low light conditions to get that extra 4stops sayer?
You'll want wide angle if you're going for the 'photographer in one car taking a snap of another' shot man.

Easy peasy. Turn IS on (Mode 1), point at the thing you want to take a picture of hold the AF for half a second to let the IS kick in and settle... Hold it steady and take a shot.

Pow.

It's incredible really it is... I can take a shot at 1/15sec at 200mm and get sharp results.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 01:05   #42
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

For the Photographer in a car thing i probably will use the kit lens depending on distance.

Oh right i see. Man i want it now to play with! That combined with the light meter = Excellent results!
Old 13th August 2008, 01:05   #43
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I didnt think the actually focal length of the lens changed when being on a FF or Cropped. I thought that basically its like looking out your window at a tree with the curtains fully open (FF) then shutting the curtains abit (cropped) The tree isnt any closer it just gives the impression because it fills more of the frame due to the frame being smaller.

That right or am i talking bull?
not quite.

the focal length on a lens NEVER CHANGES... that's a physical property of the lens... but you have a full frame and then smaller sensors.

because you're putting the image on to a smaller footprint it actually magnifies the image (or zooms in slightly)

example:
FF and 1.6x
Old 13th August 2008, 01:08   #44
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Is it actually zooming in? Or is it that it looks like it because you see less of the area around the subject?
Old 13th August 2008, 01:10   #45
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Is it actually zooming in? Or is it that it looks like it because you see less of the area around the subject?
technically not zooming... you're just magnifying the image
Old 13th August 2008, 01:11   #46
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

^^ yup the difference is quite noticeable, i just dug out my eos 5 to compare it against the 10d. you get so much more in especially when comparing the widest zooms (28mm) on each of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 01:13   #47
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Ok nice! Always learning in this game lol. Well on my list is the 70-200mm IS and 24-105, then will see if a new 100-400mm L comes out and go from there.

Cheers for all the help. James you going along to eastbourne airshow?
Old 13th August 2008, 01:16   #48
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

nope matey im off on hols to france on friday, didnt manage to get a wide angle lens sorted though before hand. also i ordered a 4gb sandisk CF card for 11.99 but it hasnt turned up, the seller is going to send another one but i dont know if it will come in time .

Quote:
Old 13th August 2008, 01:18   #49
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

£11.99 where from? Thats a bargain! Ow right how long you away for? Look forward to seeing some good pictures upon your return dude.

Hopefully get some reasonable shots with my crappy sigma lens on sunday at the eastbourne air show.
Old 13th August 2008, 01:25   #50
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

he hasnt got any left in stock at the moment so is sending me 2 x 2gb cards, which i prefer tbh, as its spreads images out over 2 cards just incase something messes up. 4gb of data is a lot to lose.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=016

i have been thinking about this 19mm tamron lens
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EF-EOS-T...6.c0.m14.l1318

but dont know if i am better to put it towards a sigma 10-20 as i love the look of ultra wide angle shots.

sayer do you know anywhere that does the sigma 10-20 for under £200

Quote:
Old 13th August 2008, 01:31   #51
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
he hasnt got any left in stock at the moment so is sending me 2 x 2gb cards, which i prefer tbh, as its spreads images out over 2 cards just incase something messes up. 4gb of data is a lot to lose.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=016

i have been thinking about this 19mm tamron lens
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EF-EOS-T...6.c0.m14.l1318

but dont know if i am better to put it towards a sigma 10-20 as i love the look of ultra wide angle shots.

sayer do you know anywhere that does the sigma 10-20 for under £200
you won't get it for £200 new man... and I doubt you'll get it for that second hand... even second hand they sell for about 80% of new price. It's a pain but you may as well just pay out the £300 for it instead of searching for a bargain that really just isnt there man... it's a sod i know
Old 13th August 2008, 01:33   #52
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

19-35mm

Although it's not all that wide on a cropped sensor.
Old 13th August 2008, 01:40   #53
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

yup that was kind of my thinking of shelling out the extra for the sigma in the first place, it means i wont need to upgrade it later so in the long run it is better. just to confirm the sigma does fit a 10d doesnt it, its a standard EF fitment

Quote:
Old 13th August 2008, 02:12   #54
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

yup fits fine man.
Old 13th August 2008, 08:38   #55
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

IS is for girls.