Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 21st August 2018, 21:24   #1
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road
Default New saxo owner - couple of questions

Hi All,

Already posted here about a couple things, have a couple more to ask about if you don't mind!

So to recap, the wee car is a 2003 desire but it's been a wee old lady car and has only less than 8000 miles on the clock. There are a couple of things about it that I wondered if they were 'normal' or something else..

There seems to be quite a bit of driveline 'shunt'. What I mean by that is that unless you are pretty gentle letting the clutch pedal out, you get an audible clack from the driveline. I've grabbed the driveshafts and I wouldn't say there is really any more slack than I have in say my 306, but I just wouldn't have expected the 'clack'.

Another thing which is probably nothing, when you rev the engine it has a sort of slight rattly sound. I am used to a classic mini also, so I know the sound of rockers etc. but it doesn't quite sound like that. It's almost like a timing chain rattle. It doesn't really sound unhealthy or anything, but I just wondered what it could be. I've listened to other saxos and 106's on youtube and they seem to be the same to be honest!

Forgive me being so anal, I'm just one of those people that like to get to know a car in full and sort any little issues if there are any.

Thanks
Craig
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2018, 17:33   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Both problems are likely to be the exhaust manifold bolt missing, it bolts the manifold to the gearbox.

Right next to the drivers side drive shaft. I'll bet it's worked its way loose.
Old 22nd August 2018, 21:55   #3
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Brilliant, I'll take a look at that.

Cheers
Craig
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote