Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 11th June 2008, 18:50   #61
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

baring a couple of photos they look great..
which club is it?
sum pretty girls there haha
evans1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 19:56   #62
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

What bracket have you got Ads? Also how do you get the correct exposure in such a dark place, as in M mode when using a flash it doesnt consider the flash so will say it will be underexposed but when you set it so that its correctly exposed according to the flash it will turn out overexposed how do you get it right?
Old 11th June 2008, 23:53   #63
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby-jim View Post
cool picks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
quality pics
cheers lads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post
baring a couple of photos they look great..
which club is it?
sum pretty girls there haha
Its called Harpers, previous known as 'The Drink' where Cheryl Tweedy beat the shit out of a toilet attendant. Actually most of the lasses are munters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
What bracket have you got Ads? Also how do you get the correct exposure in such a dark place, as in M mode when using a flash it doesnt consider the flash so will say it will be underexposed but when you set it so that its correctly exposed according to the flash it will turn out overexposed how do you get it right?
I just meter for the ambient and then let the flash sort out out light. sometimes I freestyle and shoot manual on the flash as well just purely to boost my own ego.

and that's it really.

Cheapo Flash bracket from ebay. I only use it on the 10D with the 550EX... it's cheap for a reason (it flexes a lot!) if the bracket breaks you'll know about it because you'll be greeted by thousands of electronic bits that previously belonged to your camera on the floor around you. hurray for backup bodies. I can see the merits of going for a bracket so I will invest in a good one at a later date lot £££'s but for now whilst I'm practicing the ninjibong bracket will do nicely.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 00:04   #64
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

How do you meter for the ambient light. I have done much research on metering.
Old 12th June 2008, 00:33   #65
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I have done much research on metering.
then you'll know that you'll look through the viewfinder and see a level at the bottom going from -2 to +2

that's your ambient light metering level dude.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:19   #66
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
then you'll know that you'll look through the viewfinder and see a level at the bottom going from -2 to +2

Discovered this only about 3 months ago lol

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 09:10   #67
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Version Très Sportive
danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

Loving the pictures
Old 12th June 2008, 11:50   #68
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

I actually meant to say i havent done much research lol but yer i know about the exposure level in the viewfinder. How do you meter the background and the not the foreground though?
Old 12th June 2008, 12:00   #69
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

you can't meter the background man*... you meter everything but because doesn't fire until you actually shoot you don't have to worry about the metering of the foreground

* unless you select Point metering move the camera to meter over somewhere in the background then move back to focus on the subject. but I don't do that.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:03   #70
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

I see that know lol hehe silly me! Wouldnt you then have to have a farely low shutter speed and then when the flash shoots wouldnt it be too bright or am i just being thick!

Want to get a couple of relativly cheap flashes so i can get one of the light boxes!
Old 12th June 2008, 12:24   #71
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
I know the bird on the left. Nice girl. Laura.
Lets get her numba, fit as!

Some fiine girls there, nice pics!
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 12:56   #72
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

matt what do you want? flashes to do this stuff or lenses to do weddings?

you seem a bit lost tbh.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:01   #73
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
I see that know lol hehe silly me! Wouldnt you then have to have a farely low shutter speed and then when the flash shoots wouldnt it be too bright or am i just being thick!

Want to get a couple of relativly cheap flashes so i can get one of the light boxes!
how quick is a flash burst????
Old 12th June 2008, 22:45   #74
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Version Très Sportive
danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

Might seem like a strange question, but do you put the borders and watermark on yourself in Photoshop or something, or does it does it do it automatically?
Old 12th June 2008, 22:59   #75
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
matt what do you want? flashes to do this stuff or lenses to do weddings?

you seem a bit lost tbh.
I am lost lol i want to dibble dabble in everything i think im just going to save for the 24-105mm L lens!
Old 15th June 2008, 22:02   #76
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

good pics

cant help but think everyone looks sober.

howd you manage to carry that big bastard camera around with you without getting it knicked.
liamk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 22:06   #77
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamk15 View Post
howd you manage to carry that big bastard camera around with you without getting it knicked.
same way as most of us, you carry it attatached to your wrist/neck. If anyone tried to touch my camera id have door staff over in a jiffy and id have a lovely pic of their face bouncing off of a wall/speaker
Old 16th June 2008, 15:24   #78
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

They look really good to me,The people's faces are really clear.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 16:17   #79
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

thanks man
Old 16th June 2008, 16:20   #80
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

Had a Kodak moment in club on weekend.....wish you were there Gayer....

Smashed out my face....pint in a plastic glass...walk backwards while talking to mate, put my foot through the underside of a stool...fell backwards and poured pint over myself. I went home