Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 19th July 2008, 12:35   #101
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Read parts of the manual. I usually shoot RAW unless i cba to convert later on then ill use Jpeg.

How do you check the style settings havent got the manual to hand or on the laptop.
not a clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
to get shots like those sayer, exactly what mode and settings should i have the camera set to - can't seem to get low light level pics to come out on my brothers 400d - even worse so with a sigma 70-300mm lens
wooooahhh don't use the 70-300 for that kind of stuff man... you want to be in M-mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
you need an external flash gun for a start
because Nightclub stuff is boring my now... I'm going in tonight with the 40D ungripped (fisherprice ftw) and no flash gun. Use the built in flash.

yeahhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
thought so,, gunna be getting a speedlite of some type, after that??
wide angle lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzakieron View Post
Think I need to find some better clubs than the Durham ones, looks immense. Love pretty much all the pics, opening the thread I expected to see amatuer pics but nope haha, obviously not!
trust me the club isn't all that. It's just my pics make it look ace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakofpiss View Post
Sayer how did you get into doing this? (Photography for a the nightclub)

And how much should you expect to get for it?
luck of the draw really. getting out and about and getting your foot in the door is the hardest part... now though I'm getting requests from all over the place. Another club that had a refit recently in G'town asked me to switch over a shoot for them but turned them down as they weren't offering enough. They seen my pics, and if they want them for their clubs then they'll have to pay the appropriate price else they can get someone else.
I get photographers from newspapers asking me about settings and stuff which is cool.

Anyway for Nightclub stuff.... if your crap expect no pay.... if you're good expect no pay. to be honest I've been very very lucky. most clubs expect a free service (thanks to tilllate and others) to which they can fuckkkkkk themselves. I get £25 and hour for the nightclub stuff and have been paid as much as £200 per hour for some of the corporate brochure stuff - technically I'm selling myself short but hey ho.

Quote:
you will find that the industry is a nightmare.

I work in london and currently have a few big events i cover.

If you are in an area where clubs are covered by dsi/tilllate you will find it hard to get paid.

to start with dont expect a club to offer money/more than £30-50.
defo. technically the money is very low pay for a photographer anyway but it's a start and it's paid for all my gear and then some. sorted your side of things out yet man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Please tell me thats not his bird?

I dont know the guy but have a real urge to want to hit him...........

Some great pics though ads
naaa it wasn't i don't think - however guildford is a bit of a posh hole so I'm constantly meeting people that are rough looking but completely LOADED. One guy gave me a fiver and drink for taking a photo of him even after I'd told them it was free and I get free drinks... they just throw money around its mad. Some are arrogant with it but most keep it hush. But you can tell the loaded ones because they have the most sexyass girlfriends. bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
agree with dan lol

looks to smug.....
lol
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 13:04   #102
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

sayer, nope side things im waiting for still.

Need to get in studio a few times and get them cranking before showing the labels.

One label i know got pissed off thanks to my sister who told me i couldnt get a studio for less than £750 in london a day, i passed this on and never heard back (seen after my own searching i can get them for more like £200 a day)

Ministry asked me to do more work for them but nothings happened as of yet, i know they basically said im good tilllate are shit lol! so they wanted to sack them off.

Im trying to train alot again now so not able to put as much time into the togging as id like. Especially in clubs when im working till 5-7am.

I do have two festivals lines up though
Old 19th July 2008, 13:17   #103
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Awesome pictures!
Old 19th July 2008, 16:17   #104
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
sayer, nope side things im waiting for still.

Need to get in studio a few times and get them cranking before showing the labels.

One label i know got pissed off thanks to my sister who told me i couldnt get a studio for less than £750 in london a day, i passed this on and never heard back (seen after my own searching i can get them for more like £200 a day)

Ministry asked me to do more work for them but nothings happened as of yet, i know they basically said im good tilllate are shit lol! so they wanted to sack them off.

Im trying to train alot again now so not able to put as much time into the togging as id like. Especially in clubs when im working till 5-7am.

I do have two festivals lines up though
The gays. can't you like tell them that if they like the work then they're going to have cough up or something? wankers i tell thee.

good stuff on the training tho!
Old 19th July 2008, 18:43   #105
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

they have coughed up for previous stuff, they asked for a big invoice and have said ill be paid asap/
Old 19th July 2008, 18:48   #106
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

about fucking time.

good money?
Old 19th July 2008, 18:51   #107
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

not really although im happy, they are cutting down the nights that they want now as they are trying to reduce the budget lol!

prob better for me as ill focus on running again rather than parttying tons.
Old 19th July 2008, 19:01   #108
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

meh better than nothing anyways... funnily enough the club I shoot at had a budget cutting exercise a couple of weeks ago. Couple of DJ's, Doormen and Barstaff lost their job... bad shiz. still though... I kept my job and my pay yay.
Old 19th July 2008, 19:12   #109
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

lol bet that went down well.
I have not heard the end of it tbh, i know one of the promoters loves my work and really wants me in, and doesnt like the dancers lol!!! Ministry also said big saturdays they would like someone of my standard who shoots djs/crowds with the fisheye consistently in.

Just gonna see what happens tbh. Im slowly getting motivated with running again, so at least ive been very happy for a few months whilst away from my sport.
Old 2nd August 2008, 01:16   #110
streakofpiss
Frequent Poster

streakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant future

Has there been any post processing on these photos or are they all straight off the camera as is?

Last edited by streakofpiss; 2nd August 2008 at 01:50.
streakofpiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 01:21   #111
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

post processing is done.
Old 2nd August 2008, 03:01   #112
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

auto contrast and v. mild saturation babyyyyy