Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 3rd August 2008, 18:15   #1
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Megane Coupe/Convertible Diesel
Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!
Default Are_these_any_good_and_worth_a_purchase??

As the title says??

Canon Remote Controller RC-1

Do I need anything else to make this work with my 400D??

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:50   #2
Lawrence
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS/Astra Turbo
Lawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to behold

Worth the money yes, and will work on 400D, great for taking long exposures in BLUB mode and taking pictures in low light on tripod to avoid camera shake!
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:57   #3
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!

How do you get the camera in bulb mode and what is that setti ng good for??

Chris
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:41   #4
Lawrence
L-plater

Lawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to beholdLawrence is a splendid one to behold

BULB mode is a long exposure mode, most dSLRs have 30secs Max then BLUB, if your in Manual or Shutter mode you scroll the wheel up until you see BULB and click the remote once to open shutter and click again to close, all it does it gives you more freedom with exposures.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:28   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Chris, this is one feature that never made it onto the xxD series... gay. I have a wired shutter release for the 10D and it's been a brilliant addition to the camera.... and £12 for the xxxD series (wireless too) is excellent value I think (depending on distance)

Bulb mode is ace... (put the camera in Manual mode to access bulb shutter mode)... basically 'Bulb' mean you dictate how long the shutter remains open for... It can be operated through shutter presses on the camera, but you have to hold down the camera for duration of the shutter actuation which means you'll likely shake the camera, ruining the shot.

These two were taken using bulb mode (shutter time was +8 mins for each). basically I pushed the button down, went to grab a chocolate bar, stood around and bit and messed around with the mobile phone and then depressed the button when I got too bored.

It gives you a lot of flexibility especially if you're going for long exposures shots on a tripod... even the shutter itself will stop the picture being pin sharp so use the Mirror Lock Up function too (see your manual )

Any q's then fireaway man
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 08:12   #6
Lawrence
L-plater

Cracking shots them, i bought my shutter release cable just to do shots like these.
Old 4th August 2008, 08:59   #7
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Order has been made... cheers Lads!!!

Chris
Old 4th August 2008, 09:32   #8
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

haha

I should really be sales and marketing I think...

good purchase chris you'll love it.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:58   #9
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
haha

I should really be sales and marketing I think...

good purchase chris you'll love it.
Just need to find some good Landscapes to test it on now.... was also gonna use it to try and get a good pick of Me and the Missus to print on to a canvas or something!!

Is this lens any good and does this deal look good with all the extra things that comes with it: - CLICK ME!!!!!

Cheers!!!

Chris
Old 4th August 2008, 11:29   #10
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Yep the 50mm f/1.8 is a great lens (primes are sooo sharp), honestly you'll love the sharpness and the shallow depth of field once you have a go... addictive.

Seems a good price (depends what delivery is really), but the lens on it's own can be picked up for £60 inc delivery just about everywhere. I doubt the filters will be all that in terms of quality (you might loose a bit of image quality too). Cleaning pens are , well I don't use them anyway. Get a squeezy blower much better

The 50mm is a great portraiture lens too... (even your sigma 70-300 makes a very good portraiture lens) basically the longer the focal length the better (distorts the facial features less you see. 50mm is about the minimum.

Great lens and a great price.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:05   #11
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

The 50mm F/1.8 is an awesome lens i love it! So sharp and fast!

I bought a cheapo wireless and wired remote for my 400D! Only really used it for self portraiture stuff.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:12   #12
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

I got a cheap eBay wireless remote too sometimes it works nicely but most of the time it just frustrates me and wont trigger the camera, so i don't often use it. Get what you pay for though i suppose

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote