Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 1st May 2011, 19:46   #1
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Car(s): 16v VTR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Nathan-HxC is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone else ever feel like it's just not worth it?

Basically I've had these thoughts in my head of just selling up and not bothering getting the Sax to look how I would like it to.
It feels like there's too much to do, and as I'm only a student working part time, getting it how I would like it to look will take what seems like forever.
I love it, even if it is a bit broken here and there and isn't 100% it still makes me smile when I drive it etc, but I'm becoming more wanting for 'the easy way out'; selling it and buying one readily done :/

Does anyone else feel the same way, and just feel like giving up?

Cool story bro, gay, man up comments etc.
Nathan-HxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:48   #2
Kyza
Established Member

Kyza is on a distinguished road

Saxo's are shit cars for day to day drivers. In my eyes theyre only good for track/rally and motorsport use. For use as a car to pose in or spend money in a non performance way I see as a huge waste on these cheap tacky tin cans.
Kyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:49   #3
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyza View Post
Saxo's are shit cars for day to day drivers. In my eyes theyre only good for track/rally and motorsport use. For use as a car to pose in or spend money in a non performance way I see as a huge waste on these cheap tacky tin cans.
That was another thought, saving up for something a bit more special when insurance is cheaper :/
Old 1st May 2011, 19:49   #4
RustySkull
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Focus RS, Discovery TD5, Renault Trafic 2.0
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
RustySkull is on a distinguished road

I love working on my Saxo's... But that's just me...

CB Channel 25 - Pirate
RustySkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:52   #5
Furio-Gazza
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Furio-Gazza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikekid450 View Post
I love working on my Saxo's... But that's just me...
+1...Id rather modify a car my self than buy one already had work done to it,
When someone goes have you does these changes yourself & you say yeah it's good feeling inside
Furio-Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:53   #6
Kyza
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-HxC View Post
That was another thought, saving up for something a bit more special when insurance is cheaper :/
Personally, id have a saxo kit car and something nice and comfortable for day to day use.
Old 1st May 2011, 19:54   #7
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio-Gazza View Post
+1...Id rather modify a car my self than buy one already had work done to it,
When someone goes have you does these changes and say yeah it's good feeling inside
I suppose, but it's the time factor that's just annoying for me, I can only do so much a month being a student as my insurance penalises me for being a 'young male', so I'm not earning money where I can get like 2 or 3 things done at a time.
Old 1st May 2011, 19:54   #8
ed-bradley
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): GS300, MK1 VTS, Katy M 1190
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
ed-bradley is on a distinguished road

I like tinkering with things, so I enjoy working on my Saxo.

Sure theres other people that are the same, albeit.. Maybe not with a Saxo.
ed-bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:00   #9
Furio-Gazza
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Yeah but thats the fun matey (There hobbys), thats why they take a while,
When you get cash spend some on your car be proud off your work and saving up for new stuff for the car.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:03   #10
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Quote:
Yeah but thats the fun matey (There hobbys), thats why they take a while,
When you get cash spend some on your car be proud off your work and saving up for new stuff for the car.
That's the thing though, I don't earn enough to save up and work on the Sax
It's either one or the other, and I feel as if if I work on the Sax, by the time it's the way I like it or want it etc, I can afford the insurance of something better, and have bought that something better with the money saved rather than it of been spent on the Sax, if you see where I'm coming from? :/

Last edited by Nathan-HxC; 1st May 2011 at 20:09.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:05   #11
Kyza
Established Member

Build the saxo into something that you will never grow out of. Your taste could change with the asthetics, but trust me you will never grow bored of the fun of the lil saxo. So focus on this and go all out on a rally spec car. It will never grow old and be outdated where as asthetics fall out of date with fasion.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:05   #12
lee_saxo
Established Member

lee_saxo is on a distinguished road

happens to us all mate, just spent £360 on our lass's vts at the garage and a ton on 2 new tyres. Oh and the rear axle is totally fucked which will be more expense. Keep soldiering on, big love xxx
lee_saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:10   #13
Kyza
Established Member

Get a new car and youll wish it was as simple and cheap as the saxo. If you moan about money for fixing a saxo then you must be living in a mudhouse eating rice with a clam shell.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:12   #14
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

As regards doing mods to any car,theres no law that says everythings got to be done straight away.A bit here a bit there take your time.

Steve.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:13   #15
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Quote:
Build the saxo into something that you will never grow out of. Your taste could change with the asthetics, but trust me you will never grow bored of the fun of the lil saxo. So focus on this and go all out on a rally spec car. It will never grow old and be outdated where as asthetics fall out of date with fasion.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much, it's a heap of fun for me, and even then that's just a VTR engine, I guess I could get a 16v in later on down the line? Hmm, something to think about really

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
happens to us all mate, just spent £360 on our lass's vts at the garage and a ton on 2 new tyres. Oh and the rear axle is totally fucked which will be more expense. Keep soldiering on, big love xxx
Yeah it's all so costly it just feels like it's never ending and it'll never be at a stage where I'll be completely happy! Thanks though
Old 1st May 2011, 20:13   #16
Furio-Gazza
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Get a new car and youll wish it was as simple and cheap as the saxo. If you moan about money for fixing a saxo then you must be living in a mudhouse eating rice with a clam shell.
..+1 Spesh with petrol prices and the way car insurance is atm, then you still need to fix these cars when you go wrong, and your moanin about your part time wage wont stretch far enough
Old 1st May 2011, 20:15   #17
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

i do miss mine, but i did a hell of alot to her when i got rid of her , would quite like another 16valver at somepoint , im planning it for my rebelious streak against the missus wen she tells me that were having kids and i have to let the type r's go
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:15   #18
Kyza
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-HxC View Post
That's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much, it's a heap of fun for me, and even then that's just a VTR engine, I guess I could get a 16v in later on down the line? Hmm, something to think about really
If that what you want to do then do it in the long run. VTR engined saxo's are still a whole lot of fun. If you bought another car you might get a load of problems where as you knew your saxo inside out, twice the cost then! Just enjoy the car as it is.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:17   #19
Kyza
Established Member

Quote:
..+1 Spesh with petrol prices and the way car insurance is atm, then you still need to fix these cars when you go wrong, and your moanin about your part time wage wont stretch far enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_suv View Post
i do miss mine, but i did a hell of alot to her when i got rid of her , would quite like another 16valver at somepoint , im planning it for my rebelious streak against the missus wen she tells me that were having kids and i have to let the type r's go
yup, when you move on you realise how cheap the saxo's were to drive, maintain, repair and mod. Try 20mpg and £600 for a second hand gearbox minus the labour which would be about £1000 and then having sensors calibrated which is another £200.

Enjoy cheap motoring! It dosent get much cheaper than a saxo.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:20   #20
Nathan-HxC
Established Member

Quote:
I'm not moaning at the money fixing a Saxo, I'm moaning at being a student on part time wages, having to pay young male insurance prices, and have a wide range of things wanting doing to the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
As regards doing mods to any car,theres no law that says everythings got to be done straight away.A bit here a bit there take your time.

Steve.
Very true

Quote:
See the first quote of this post, I'm not moaning about the fixes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_suv View Post
Haha, does the car really leave that much of an impression on you that you want another after the Type R's?!

Quote:
If that what you want to do then do it in the long run. VTR engined saxo's are still a whole lot of fun. If you bought another car you might get a load of problems where as you knew your saxo inside out, twice the cost then! Just enjoy the car as it is.
Yeah I think I'm just gonna take it steady with it and just do what I can when I can Thanks a lot man!