Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2008, 00:48   #141
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
same as i said and for that reason aswell.
Thats not the point though, they shouldn't have to get used to certain members abuse and bad rep becuase they are new
Old 7th October 2008, 00:49   #142
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
mods do vary...some are cool and let things flow, and then some do think they are god and will try their hardest to get a pat on the head from simo...

and reporting mods to mods aint really my thing...

but i think you should let mods know they need to let the banter be, give them guidelines and make sure they stick to them...

eg. chris, is a decent mod...usually joins in banter and always gives a generall warning before slapping a lock on...

where as ryan, doesnt join in the banter and doesnt warn when threads go of track...he locks the threads with a smug comment...

naaaa mean?
if I could rep you know young man
Old 7th October 2008, 00:50   #143
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxodan View Post
I know what you mean about the mods on power trips, one in particular, not a problem with the rest, never had

I see what you mean about the sense of humour, but I see it as an aquired taste, too many newbies come on here without a clue who people are, how they act etc etc
not everyone comes on here with the same sarcastic, digging and "one up" culture that sax-p seems to have. This is no reason to bad rep them

If you know what I mean
yea..but unless your a complete spaz, you will soon click onto the banter...you can either join in or cry and become a victim...
Old 7th October 2008, 00:51   #144
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

agreed

chris is cool like that dont see him on that often anymore

pred RULES and always gives us a warning-because of this ill tend to get the thread back on topic as he goes about it the right way

mods that just lock and leave smug comments

well theres one word for them
Old 7th October 2008, 00:52   #145
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxodan View Post
Thats not the point though, they shouldn't have to get used to certain members abuse and bad rep becuase they are new
i dont mean like that mate. I mean for example, when i very first joined saxp, i got neg repped for asking what style driving poeple had if they were economical or a speeding loonatic.

Noobs who get neg repped for that such as talking about racing and driving like prats, will get the forum a bad name, and a bad image for saxo owners.

But if the noobs cant get repped will 500 posts then any thread they do make, they can get wanred by other poeple, so they dont do it again.

I got neg repped a fair bit when i first joined, then tunred it around with helping out making guides etc, with the odd neg rep such as "poeple cant help if theyre spotty" when i made a comment that mcy d's workers are spotty.

i dont know where im going with this, probs dosent even make sense lol, im tired Sorry.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:52   #146
Japman
Saxperience Addict

Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
yea..but unless your a complete spaz, you will soon click onto the banter...you can either join in or cry and become a victim...
im suspect for that

people who cry get penty of shit off everyone
Old 7th October 2008, 00:52   #147
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japman View Post
agreed

chris is cool like that dont see him on that often anymore

pred RULES and always gives us a warning-because of this ill tend to get the thread back on topic as he goes about it the right way

ginger?
Old 7th October 2008, 00:53   #148
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
mods do vary...some are cool and let things flow, and then some do think they are god and will try their hardest to get a pat on the head from simo...

and reporting mods to mods aint really my thing...

but i think you should let mods know they need to let the banter be, give them guidelines and make sure they stick to them...

eg. chris, is a decent mod...usually joins in banter and always gives a generall warning before slapping a lock on...

where as ryan, doesnt join in the banter and doesnt warn when threads go of track...he locks the threads with a smug comment...

naaaa mean?
I know what you mean... it was actually Ryan who was recently telling the rest of the mod's to let things slide and go with the flow in gen chat mind!

Maybe I need to have another chat with the mods in general. I think its pretty obvious when something over steps the mark... depends on how many shades of grey people interpret I suppose

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 7th October 2008, 00:53   #149
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Tupps is a mod now?

Yah for Tupps.

Congratulations.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:54   #150
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Turn off postcount in the General Chat section imo.

Spam issues solved.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:54   #151
Japman
Saxperience Addict

if tupps was a mod he would make my rep huge and post count so you fukcers coudnt catch me

go tupps x
Old 7th October 2008, 00:56   #152
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I know what you mean... it was actually Ryan who was recently telling the rest of the mod's to let things slide and go with the flow in gen chat mind!

Maybe I need to have another chat with the mods in general. I think its pretty obvious when something over steps the mark... depends on how many shades of grey people interpret I suppose
thats the thing, i dont know how youd make it clear when exactly a thread needs a mod to take action...but inconsistancy from mods isnt imo good for the forum...
Old 7th October 2008, 00:58   #153
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
if tupps was a mod he would make my rep huge and post count so you fukcers coudnt catch me

go tupps x
saxp would also become full of spam and out of control
Old 7th October 2008, 00:59   #154
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
thats the thing, i dont know how youd make it clear when exactly a thread needs a mod to take action...but inconsistancy from mods isnt imo good for the forum...
Agreed.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:59   #155
Japman
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
ginger?
c...

you work out the rest
Old 7th October 2008, 01:00   #156
Japman
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
saxp would also become full of spam and out of control
but it would also become very funny with plenty of humour and laughter
Old 7th October 2008, 01:01   #157
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I agree, but its often not as simple as that. Whilst a group of you may be having a laugh about something, someone else may be complaining about your chit-chat. A mod has to weigh up both sides... and take action. Both sides wont be happy dependant on the mod's decision.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 7th October 2008, 01:03   #158
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
such as

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=178512

joke thread making poeple laugh, entertaining and got locked

then a user thats getting slated, and goes on for pages n doesnt get locked:http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=178512
Old 7th October 2008, 01:03   #159
Japman
Saxperience Addict

if someone doesnt like the chit chat then they can easily get out of the thread that the chit chat is in

we dont ask them to sit there watching it

they are not tied to any thread
Old 7th October 2008, 01:03   #160
adam19
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 182
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
adam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to behold

this threads going no where