Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th January 2010, 08:36   #1
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (83%)
Cammy is on a distinguished road
Default piper 4-1 how low to ground?

does the piper 4-1 sit low to the ground? as im just sourcing the last parts for my car, im going down 60mm and want a manifold that sits perfectly like the standard system or a bit higher

Does anyone know if the piper is closer to the ground to cause "clearance" issues? or will it be ok (i.e its the same as if having the standard system on it.

p.s talking about Mk2 VTR (t4 managment)

Thanks
Cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 09:02   #2
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

It's not the same clearance as having the standard manifold on as the standard manifold is a 4-2-1 design. So your going to have more clearance when you have only 2 pipes vs. 4

I've been fine with mine, the lower strut brace is the lowest point so will take any hits - saying that, I'm not 60mm down.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:18   #3
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

They sit a bit lower but if you get a lower brace on aswell should take a brunt of the scrapeage before the manifold gets anything
Old 6th January 2010, 10:31   #4
shinner_vtr
Regular Poster

Car(s): 206 hdi d turbo
shinner_vtr is on a distinguished road

it will sit alot lower than the standard one, mines only lowered 35mm and ive had trouble a couple of times with big speed bumps, id have thought 60mm would be a bit to low for that manifold mate but its up to you really if you want to try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu750 View Post
ignore it , itll go away eventually if it gets out of hand , butt him , just remind him that you f***ed her first and she did ATM , even if she didnt
shinner_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 10:41   #5
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
It's not the same clearance as having the standard manifold on as the standard manifold is a 4-2-1 design. So your going to have more clearance when you have only 2 pipes vs. 4

I've been fine with mine, the lower strut brace is the lowest point so will take any hits - saying that, I'm not 60mm down.
But because you have a lower strut, in some way, that would act as if you were down 60 - but it was the manifold scraping (as if you had no lower strut in this case)?

Could look into a 4-2-1 piper (if they do them)

Cheers guys
Old 6th January 2010, 10:45   #6
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

My vts is lowered 60mm (its a car for looks not handling lol) with the piper 4:1 manifold and its very close to the tarmac.....have to be careful on country lanes buddy.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 13:18   #7
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Cheers for that

I do go on country roads allot but they are quite well kept up here (sometimes)

I'm actually not bothered about how low the 4-1 would be, but would I get the same exhaust note using the piper 4-2-1 as the 4-1?(ofc using a piper system) Mines for looks too lol
Old 6th January 2010, 13:19   #8
stupotvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): BMW e36 328i sport
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to behold

tbh people on here must fly over speed bumps if they catch the mani when lowered 35mm. I'm down 60mm and when I had the vtr engine in I only ever hit one speed bump with a gmc 4-1 and that was coz I didn't see it so hit it at like 20mph.
lesser humans need to stick to the inner lanes, the outside lane is for BMW owners and people with large penis organs
stupotvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 13:21   #9
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

I went to a BP petrol station a few weeks back and my manifold touched a plastic speedbump....not good
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 13:23   #10
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Lol I tend to drive sensable nowadays, only time I go fast is in big tunnels lol - I know playing in tunnels if childish, but so much fun :o roads I go speed limit and with bumps- just whatever, but when my last car was slammed - had to go between speed bumps, lowered 80mm front 100mm rear ment it was fun getting out my steep driveway... Lol
Old 6th January 2010, 14:40   #11
Aron
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Aron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud ofAron has much to be proud of

if your carefull it will be fine. Supersprint sits allot high, as does the raceland. Noise will not really have much change between.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:43   #12
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Dont bother heatwrapping a 4-1 to the bottom they catch on everything, I run a BTB one and it sits very low. It does give a different note to the 4-2-1s though, which is one of the main reasons its still on my current engine. Sounds very throaty.
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 14:48   #13
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

lowered 50mm on eibachs
hangs about as low as the omp lower brace
i clipped mine a few times and tore the heatwrap but thats only on like bumps
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 15:21   #14
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Cheers for that alex

I'll just go for the 4-1 then
Old 6th January 2010, 15:44   #15
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Good choice - piper stainless ftw
Old 6th January 2010, 15:59   #16
stupotvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

stupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to behold

quick question about the piper mani I got mines yesterday and the plate bit that joins up to the engine(don't know it's name) has oval holes but obv the pipes are round so it looks like it would be blocking the exhaust gases from exiting the engine is it ment to be like that??
lesser humans need to stick to the inner lanes, the outside lane is for BMW owners and people with large penis organs
Old 6th January 2010, 16:02   #17
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupotvtr View Post
quick question about the piper mani I got mines yesterday and the plate bit that joins up to the engine(don't know it's name) has oval holes but obv the pipes are round so it looks like it would be blocking the exhaust gases from exiting the engine is it ment to be like that??
the holes in the head are oval too fella
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexB For This Useful Post:
Old 6th January 2010, 16:06   #18
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

mine i had on the VTR sat low, people in front always used to comment if we stopped.
Never caught it once.

Stick a lower strut brace on to protect it
Old 6th January 2010, 16:16   #19
stupotvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
the holes in the head are oval too fella
kind of thought they might be but havent got round to fitting it yet so didn't know