Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st July 2010, 18:38   #1
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (83%)
Cammy is on a distinguished road
Default End of an era, engine problems

So, engine missfired and just started running like a tractor.

Coilpack had done about 6k miles as it was new, spark plugs changed at that time as the engine was fluctuating on 2-3 cylinders.

Now the engine is drivable but sounds VERY tappy, and ive been told it could be my headgasket - as car is leaking oil from the block aswell and if this really helps diagnose it, there was a vacume leak/dump when i came off the throttle when in the powerband.

engine has been very reliable but now im just giving up the chase, i had goten a quote for a low millage silvertop engine and 1.1 gearbox from a local breaker yard, i suppose it wouldnt be much more hassle getting a new engine compared to doing the headgasket, timing etc etc on the one thats in the car?

Reason why im saying this, as id be replacing the gearbox in the VTR anyways, and im just thinking it would be much cheaper having an engine here, can do all the trivial things i.e water pump, clean everything up, possibly put in a PH3 cam, then get my mechanic to do the timing and dump it in.

Thoughts?
Old 1st July 2010, 20:02   #2
saxojh
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Westcoast
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saxojh is on a distinguished road

I see your point but if your guna be camming it then the engine will need to be timed anyway. Therefore making it easier just do the headgasket and cam the engine whilst its in the bay. As for gearbox the engine doesnt have to come out for that so you could get away with doing a lot less work. Just my opinion but id leave the engine in do the head gasket, water pump, cam belt, cam it and put the new box in. Just would seem to save time and effort imo.
saxojh is offline   Reply With Quote