Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th September 2009, 12:00   #1
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Group Buy: Predator ECU "last 6"

DATASHIFT PREDATOR PnP ECU Group Buy (Single Plug)

Application: Citroen Saxo VTS / Peugeot 106gti

FEATURES

• Compatible with all OEM sensors
• Supports existing Wasted spark Ignition, and standard crank VR sensor
• Supports standard bank fire injection
• Fully 3D Mappable fuel and ignition tables. Fuel table 16x16, ignition tables 12x12
• Operates the standard IAC Stepper Motor
• Compatible with standard Lambda Sensor
• Compatible with aftermarket WideBand solutions such as the Innovate LC-1. (Plug-and-play wiring available on request!)
• Engine can be mapped with MAP as the load variable, or TPS.
• Ideal for Throttle Body Conversion
• Ideal for Turbo Charger or Supercharger conversion.
• Closed loop idle control, simple enter the RPM at each coolant temp for closed loop “factory-feel” idle control
• Easily configured RPM limit with soft-cut, and coolant temp based ‘rising rev limit’ using either fuel cut, rotating spark cut or both!

BENEFITS

• Supports all future modifications
• Map your car on the road or on a dynamometer
• Optimise your engine for maximum power
• Improve the fuel consumption by optimising the fuelling and ignition at cruise speeds
• Remove any troublesome flat spots or stumbles
• Use the software to help diagnose faulty sensors
• Save multiple maps for different fuels, or have special maps for drag runs or track days

With a Supersprint Exhaust including the decat, and using the Datashift Predator, I obtained the following power graph. These figues are *at the wheels* and the conversion to flywheel results in a figure of 143bhp peak power!

COST

The cost of the ECU in this group buy is £495 since they are the last of the previous group buy! Be warned, the price won't be staying at £495 fitted and mapped forever!

This cost includes fitting and mapping of the ECU on your engine. Dyno mapping would be an extra cost, as will timing in cams, or fitting of any new parts. I can quote separately for a whole raft of other parts and services from air filters and exhaust/manifold fitting to fitment and timing of cams!

THE ECU

All ECU's are made to simply plug into the standard wiring harness and work without *any* other modifications. We use all the standard sensors (throttle position, MAP, Air intake Temp, coolant temp, Idle Valve, injectors, coil packs, narrowband lambda sensor, etc).

Last edited by luthor1; 8th September 2009 at 12:03.
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:01   #2
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

In this post I'll keep updated who is on the list!

1. Bcup (Portugal!) (POSTED!!)
2. geordie555 (FITTED!!)
3. Customer of John at GMC Motorsport (Supercharged!) (FITTED!!)
4. ukgaz
5. adzvtr (FITTED!!)
6. TheCherry0121 - AT Power bodies! SWEET!! (FITTED!!)

Last edited by luthor1; 29th September 2009 at 13:38.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:03   #3
Jaytee
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): 1.Saxo VTR 2.Saxo180
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Jaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team member

Hi mate if i was to buy one of these how much would you charge for fitment and timing of cams as well. Thankyou.
the smell of rape was lingering a bit to long then?
Jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:12   #4
vtrlogan
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mantis Blue VTR
iTrader Score: 15 (94%)
vtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud of

im begging you make a 3 plug one for the vtr
vtrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:01   #5
ukgaz
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VtR '52
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
ukgaz is on a distinguished road

How much you do on rolling roads? you can put me down luthor, should be ready to go in the next 2-3 months hopefully.
Old 8th September 2009, 13:24   #6
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

these ECU are very good, at a very good price, well worth the money, and Andy offers very good sevices,

andy
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:34   #7
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Jaytee - fitting is free, but looks from your picture like you have a VTR? Also what plug are you? I only do the single plug VTS at the moment.

VTRLogan - getting the plugs for the 3-plug is constantly my nightmare. The ECU's are already designed, just need the damn plugs!!

UKGaz - I can't hold onto this stock for 3 months I'm afraid, but if you want in at this price, you can buy it and put it on a shelf until you're ready to use it?

Kind regards

Andy
Old 8th September 2009, 13:38   #8
vtrlogan
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mantis Blue VTR
iTrader Score: 15 (94%)
vtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud of

Okay, luthor1, fair play, well as soon as its made could you please pm me!!! i can leave a deposit if needed aswel!
vtrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 14:01   #9
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySAXOK View Post
these ECU are very good, at a very good price, well worth the money, and Andy offers very good sevices,

andy
i second this!
Old 8th September 2009, 14:01   #10
ukgaz
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VtR '52
ukgaz is on a distinguished road

Yeah can arrange that mate no probs
Old 8th September 2009, 14:09   #11
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ok, ukgaz and adzvtr are in!!

Jaytee - are you in? Do you have a single plug VTS car??

Kind regards

Andy
Old 8th September 2009, 23:30   #12
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Now sticked (ooer)
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:05   #13
shayne_vtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): SAXO VTR POSI BLUE MK1 (98)
shayne_vtr is on a distinguished road

im looking at buying some throttle bodies for an engine im building and i will need a fully mappable ecu, i have a 98 single plug vts engine with a lightened vtr flywheel and uprated cluch it apparently has fast road cams ,ive put a 4-2-1 on it and a close ratio box,do you no what kind of power i would be looking at as i dont no whether to continue the build or buy something that is fast already as i have had so many hiccups already
shayne_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:54   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne_vtr View Post
im looking at buying some throttle bodies for an engine im building and i will need a fully mappable ecu, i have a 98 single plug vts engine with a lightened vtr flywheel and uprated cluch it apparently has fast road cams ,ive put a 4-2-1 on it and a close ratio box,do you no what kind of power i would be looking at as i dont no whether to continue the build or buy something that is fast already as i have had so many hiccups already
piece of string?

Power will depends on the cams 'fast road' means nothing, it could be a mild cam or a really mild one. 140-160bhp range for different cams...

close ratio box? there are not any from factory unless someone spent 1100+ vat on a gear cluster
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:21   #15
foreverwelsh
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Indigo S2 Rallye
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
foreverwelsh is on a distinguished road

how much r these normally? i will be looking to get 1 but it wont b any time soon as ive just paid for a 16v conversion
foreverwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 17:13   #16
shayne_vtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): SAXO VTR POSI BLUE MK1 (98)
shayne_vtr is on a distinguished road
Default thanx

i dunno mate boutght it off ebay so . . . . .meant to be quicker than a 1.3 box
shayne_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 13:40   #17
WRC-RUSH

Car(s): 1997 Pug 106 S16
WRC-RUSH is on a distinguished road

Hello mates, anyone still got a 1 plug predator for sale please?
WRC-RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 14:34   #18
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC-RUSH View Post
Hello mates, anyone still got a 1 plug predator for sale please?
I very much doubt it mate,guy who made them does not make them anymore.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 17:58   #19
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

They aren’t great anyway imo
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 19:57   #20
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti180craig View Post
They aren’t great anyway imo
Understatement of the year. :-D
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote