Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 27th August 2022, 16:27   #1
Pisho

Pisho is on a distinguished road
Question Saxo VTR vs Civic handling comparison?

Does anyone here have experience with both an older civic (4, 5, 6 gen.) and a saxo vtr/vts or 106 gti?
I have an option to buy either a saxo vtr or a 4 or 6 gen civic.
I've driven civics a lot by now and I like how they drive and I've never even been in a vtr/vts.
Civic is both cheaper and has more available parts where I live but I like the Saxo more.
The car would be used mostly for spirited driving on twisty roads so that aspect is what I am most interested in when comparing the two cars.

Any opinion will be helpful.
This is also my first post on the forum so I hope this is the right place for this kind of question.
Thank you in advance :)
Pisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2022, 20:01   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I smoked one of those older Hondas recently giggidy, it made a lot of noise poor guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFVY-AA7Xlg

And I miss my VTR
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2022, 20:54   #3
Pisho

Never expected such an answer hahahaha..
Altho not scientific, it made me laugh.
Thanks for the responce.
Old 28th August 2022, 14:04   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

To be honest I never liked the steering on any Japanese hatches, it just felt numb and electric on all those I tried. Worst of all was a Honda Jazz, you have to nanny the wheel in and out of corners, it's annoying and really doesn't feel natural.

Saxos on the other hand are much more fun, yanking the steering into liftoff oversteer in corners... You really need to try one to feel it, it's just hard to describe as it's kind of a counter intuitive thing to do, until you learn how to do it.

Last edited by Manu; 28th August 2022 at 14:06.
Old 28th August 2022, 19:23   #5
Pisho

I'll post an update here when I try it for sure.
Did all the Japanese hatchbacks you've tried have an electric servo or did the hydraulic ones feel like they are electric?
Old 28th August 2022, 20:16   #6
Manu
Saxperience Addict

it felt too assisted to me on both, Japanese way of setting up I suppose. Worse so far was a Honda Jazz, you genuinely have to steer the wheel back out of corners, annoying especially in town. You should try a VT something, they're not the fastest thing but they're fun to drive.

Last edited by Manu; 28th August 2022 at 21:58.
Old 4th September 2022, 16:41   #7
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Civic. No argument at all really.

Full hard race set up for a ej -£1200 plus a set of coil overs ad you’re good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
I smoked one of those older Hondas recently giggidy, it made a lot of noise poor guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFVY-AA7Xlg

And I miss my VTR
You do realise that could of had a engine as small as a 1.3dx single cam with no vtec?
Old 4th September 2022, 21:58   #8
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Could of. It was cute though.

Quote:
Vehicle make HONDA
Date of first registration June 1992
Year of manufacture 1992
Cylinder capacity 1493 cc