Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 9th April 2017, 20:38   #81
robster247
Established Member

Car(s): Satin black furio
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
robster247 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti180craig View Post
Haha green light are usually pretty good I know when I had my Impreza that was fully modded forged etc they did me a real good deal I plan on using them again when I've done my conversion
Cheers will give them a ring . Just going to declare it as a 1600 turbo haha . Probably cost a fortune and will only use the car on the odd occasion .

Need temporary insurance just for the summer really
robster247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017, 23:38   #82
robster247
Established Member

Well after over two years in the shed it's finally seen the light of day ! Finished off and ready for mapping. Also changed the oil as it was black already and has only ran for about half an hour haha .

[URL=http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/robster247/media/IMG_0940_zpszhrdwp3d.jpg.html][/URL

Have a few jobs to do this week

Get power steering back on as it's too heavy for my liking
Mechanic stack oil pressure gauge, as I think my stack electrical one is broken haha .
24" long silencer to be fitted as it's far too loud !
Wrap the exhaust under the car

And possibly re route the water return from the turbo straight to the header tank . Currently have feed from the matrix pipe (heater matrix removed) through the turbo and back into the fitting on the thermostat housing but this won't be allowing water to flow when the thermostat is not open .

Would that be a better idea or will it not matter ?
Old 17th April 2017, 20:17   #83
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Keep a very close eye on the oil cooler if it's a Mocal one, I've had loads of them fail when the oil inside gets hot enough to soften the paint because they aren't welded/soldered together properly. They say they pressure test them, but I don't believe them. They also say they are British made, but the paint has that typical Chinese look about it.

I nearly always use Swedish made Setrab oil coolers, or occasionally Behr from Germany.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 20:46   #84
robster247
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
Keep a very close eye on the oil cooler if it's a Mocal one, I've had loads of them fail when the oil inside gets hot enough to soften the paint because they aren't welded/soldered together properly. They say they pressure test them, but I don't believe them. They also say they are British made, but the paint has that typical Chinese look about it.

I nearly always use Swedish made Setrab oil coolers, or occasionally Behr from Germany.
Thanks for the heads up . I've already ran the cooler on my old saxo vtr turbo and didn't have any problems inf the few thousand miles it covered.

But I do understand what you mean they do look a bit tacky.

With only two weeks left till mapping I'm a bit sceptical as to what to take with me on the day . Obviously a full tank of fuel and plus .

Any ideas on this will be appreciated greatly.
Old 17th April 2017, 20:59   #85
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

nice update rob, are you running a screamer pipe from the external waste gate also? (I'm on mobile and its not loading well)
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 21:23   #86
robster247
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
nice update rob, are you running a screamer pipe from the external waste gate also? (I'm on mobile and its not loading well)
Cheers matey ! Yes I have a screamer pipe , it just goes straight down from the wastegate.

Was going out the front bumper but couldn't be bothered routing it .
Old 18th April 2017, 14:27   #87
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

which downpipe are you running? having a nightmare finding someone who can make me one to mate to a magnex decat with a gt28 flange :/
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 18:36   #88
robster247
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
which downpipe are you running? having a nightmare finding someone who can make me one to mate to a magnex decat with a gt28 flange :/
I'm using a dp engineering down pipe but it has had to be cut and modified to suit . As the turbo mush be in a different position compared to the dp engineering manifold.

Bit of money but I picked mine up second hand so it was cheap enough to cut and make it fit .

It is a rather strange angle where ther 2.5" meets the flange but will be easily made if you know what you're doing the metal .
Old 18th April 2017, 18:52   #89
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome bet you cant wait to go for a good rip in it
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 19:07   #90
robster247
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte View Post
Looks awesome bet you cant wait to go for a good rip in it
Thanks mate . Yeah I'm looking forward to it but also shitting it at the same time

Who knows what will happen .
Old 19th April 2017, 12:15   #91
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster247 View Post
Thanks mate . Yeah I'm looking forward to it but also shitting it at the same time

Who knows what will happen .
I'm thinking the exact same thing with mine. Excited but then mega scared.
Weird sensation.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 23:14   #92
Rowan
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR '96(K.I.A.) Saxo 16V VTS '01
Rowan is on a distinguished road

Finally turbo'd! What happened with the red pug?

Rowan's Saxo VTS Turbo build
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 07:09   #93
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up . I've already ran the cooler on my old saxo vtr turbo and didn't have any problems inf the few thousand miles it covered.

But I do understand what you mean they do look a bit tacky.

With only two weeks left till mapping I'm a bit sceptical as to what to take with me on the day . Obviously a full tank of fuel and plus .

Any ideas on this will be appreciated greatly.
Asside from looking tacky they fail. I've had several fail on the dyno and now I absolutely won't use them any more.

Going to the dyno....
Full of good fuel (so Tesco 99 or Shell VPower- but only if you can buy it from a trusted garage- read- 'not Asians'). Make sure there's no oil, fuel or water leaks. Take a spare coil pack, plugs and any tools or spares that may be 'special' for your car. Be prepared to raise the ride height if needed. Be prepared to take the front bumper off to help cooling. Make sure your fuel pump can deliver enough fuel at enough pressure AT THE SAME TIME.
If you have an aftermarket ECU take the crimp tools required for the terminals and some spare terminals in case you need to swap anything about. Check for boost leaks before you go by pressurising the system with a tyre inflator. Make sure nothing combustible, meltable or critical is near the exhaust manifold because it will get too hot on the dyno. Make sure your cam timing is right.

Who's mapping it for you?
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipwizards For This Useful Post:
Old 20th April 2017, 12:02   #94
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post

ihear what you say wayne -- but all failures with oil coolers i have seen are because people don,t hold the nut on the cooler when they fit the pipes and crack the welding of the union when tightening up the pipes
will have had probably 5 or 6 been returned from selling oil cooler kits and every time you can see a spanner has never been on the built in unions on the cooler and when quizzed the customers admitted they never held the unions when fitting hose connections
certainly the thread on mocal ones could be smoother that i will agree with --too much paint on them +no one ever cleans it off
Old 20th April 2017, 12:07   #95
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

for my tastes i would like to see one of the small bosch water pumps on the turbo water feed and have it running for a while after engine has stopped
loads of cars have them fitted as std +have 16mm heater hose size connections
you can just "TEE it off the heater hose pipes --that means you can still have a heater
if you using braided water feeds --they have a plastic innner --so less chance of them frying if a constant water circulation -
me i like metal pipes till it well away from exhaust =turbo

Last edited by axsaxoman; 20th April 2017 at 12:10.
axsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 23:17   #96
robster247
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Finally turbo'd! What happened with the red pug?
Red pug ended up as scrap . Realised it had been crashed and only found out when removing the rear door card .

Was a shame but the white vts is a hell of a lot better shell ,
Old 20th April 2017, 23:27   #97
robster247
Established Member

Thanks for all the input guys it is much appreciated, I will be taking all my tools just in case something does happen . Along with the modified tools too .

I've just had a quick look on eBay at the electronic water pumps to feed to turbo after switch off , around £50 for a Bosch pump sounds pretty reasonable.

A setup like this will definitely be added to the already growing 'to do' list . As I don't have time to do it before my mapping session next weekend .

Just need to order a map sensor and an air temp sensor then it's ready .

Got the new stack mechanical oil pressure gauge ditties this evening, started the car and the gauge sat at just over 5 bar . Does this sound about right for a cold reading?

Car is getting mapped at jdm dyno kirkbride , Jonathan is his name. Also he prefers mapping dta ecu's which is good for me . And it's only half an hour down the road for me
Old 21st April 2017, 08:34   #98
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Thanks for all the input guys it is much appreciated, I will be taking all my tools just in case something does happen . Along with the modified tools too .

I've just had a quick look on eBay at the electronic water pumps to feed to turbo after switch off , around £50 for a Bosch pump sounds pretty reasonable.

A setup like this will definitely be added to the already growing 'to do' list . As I don't have time to do it before my mapping session next weekend .

Just need to order a map sensor and an air temp sensor then it's ready .

Got the new stack mechanical oil pressure gauge ditties this evening, started the car and the gauge sat at just over 5 bar . Does this sound about right for a cold reading?

Car is getting mapped at jdm dyno kirkbride , Jonathan is his name. Also he prefers mapping dta ecu's which is good for me . And it's only half an hour down the road for me
citroen sec is 4bar hot --never a problem with these engines
Old 21st April 2017, 11:16   #99
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Looking good mate I'm sure mapping etc will go fine I know for a fact when I get mine done I'm gonna be saying to myself over and over "don't blow up don't blow up" lol
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 18:24   #100
robster247
Established Member

Glad to hear the oil pressure is okay . Plans this weekend are to fit the silencer. And give the inside a good clean. Not much more I can do on the car at this stage .

If it blows up I will cry , far too much time and money for it to end up like that