Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 17th January 2010, 20:37   #41
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
He's not a scammer unless theres something recent I am unaware of going on.
Heard of a fair few people that aren't having the hoses delivered to them
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:38   #42
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickerton View Post
Offering braided lines for sale and sending them are two completley different things.

Ordered on the 6th and not one reply to a PM as to why they haven't arrived yet.

Will pay the little more next time and buy off an affiliate...

If people wanna make money as a trader selling things as new there are many other places for that ie Ebay etc...

Other option is become an affiliate..
Didnt know this mate, unlucky, glad i didn't buy..
Old 17th January 2010, 20:38   #43
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
Not sure why your saying this as you have been targeted yourself,

Ive just seen alot of trading that has/hasn't been locked for not a good enough reason, i wanted to know the answer and now i have got one i will hit the report button 5x in the for sale section when im in their next.

I just can't understand why there is no boundary to an affiliate member and a smaller affiliate member maybe.
I have been targeted, various rules and reasons have been explained to me. I think everything is extremely fair. I dont feel hard done by. I am sure there will be a crack down on anybody who is bordering the line as a trader.
I dont want to make a fuss about it, there is no point because nobody is going to give in and allow me to post up my threads again.
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:39   #44
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Content ContributorSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Static -80mm Peugeot 405
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
KrisB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
Seriously bad example, from what I've seen he's scamming, which I did tell you about earlier...

Let it rest, and report who you think are traders.
In all fairness i don't think he's scamming. I've known him over various forums for years and he has always delivered eventually. I personally don't have a bad word to say about him.

At the end of the day, some people do take a while to post things out, but you have to realise that these people may have other commitments.

When i sell things i often take ages to post the items out, simply because i'm often working 7 days a week for weeks on end and i don't find the time to post things out. For all we know swampy could be working 6 days a week, have 3 kids and a partner who could be serious ill or swampy himself.

When you buy things off the internet you have to expect things to take a while to happen, especially from those who are selling things on the net, aswell as working a job and trying to live their life. By the time you finish work most days the post office is closed.

Anyway, is this not a bit off-topic?
KrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:43   #45
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Bickerton is on a distinguished road

Arguably people that buy up used parts on here then resell them on here at a higher mark up are a trader no?
Old 17th January 2010, 20:44   #46
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisB View Post
In all fairness i don't think he's scamming. I've known him over various forums for years and he has always delivered eventually. I personally don't have a bad word to say about him.

At the end of the day, some people do take a while to post things out, but you have to realise that these people may have other commitments.

When i sell things i often take ages to post the items out, simply because i'm often working 7 days a week for weeks on end and i don't find the time to post things out. For all we know swampy could be working 6 days a week, have 3 kids and a partner who could be serious ill or swampy himself.

When you buy things off the internet you have to expect things to take a while to happen, especially from those who are selling things on the net, aswell as working a job and trying to live their life. By the time you finish work most days the post office is closed.

Anyway, is this not a bit off-topic?
I was only passing on what I had heard, saying Swampy is a bad example.

And he may have a good reason to not post things out quickly, but that doesn't excuse not communicating with people that purchase things from him. Plus I think that it is relevant, and shows that it makes more sense to keep the details of traders with the admin staff.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:47   #47
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Content ContributorSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Static -80mm Peugeot 405
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
KrisB is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, i did mention this on another forum once...

If people want to sell things they should have to fill out a verification form. This includes adress and contact telephone number. A letter sent to the adress to confirm that adress, within the letter is a comfirmation code to activate the account for selling purposes. Until you have entered the random code you cannot sell.
KrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:47   #48
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
I was only passing on what I had heard, saying Swampy is a bad example.

And he may have a good reason to not post things out quickly, but that doesn't excuse not communicating with people that purchase things from him. Plus I think that it is relevant, and shows that it makes more sense to keep the details of traders with the admin staff.
Not replied to any of my pm's nor one that admin sent him
Yet was able to post up a pic of the lines he sells
Old 17th January 2010, 20:48   #49
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Point exactly.

Traders should be registered with the site admin, and as KrisB suggests, they should be verified.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:53   #50
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He sent me a pm on the 16th of January.

His e-mail *********************

Last edited by J222JRA; 19th January 2010 at 22:41.
baker556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:54   #51
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks for the clear up guys i now know who is classed as a trader etc and will be reported which can then be dealt with.

Thanks for the help in making other members become aware also.
I will leave this thread here...

Chris
Old 17th January 2010, 20:55   #52
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
He sent me a pm on the 16th of January.

His e-mail richardspong06@aol.com
I am fully aware of his contact details as i am also aware once again he is online now.
If they don't arrive tomorrow morning shall merely do a paypal dispute as my weekend work on my car had to be cancelled as a result of this delay
Old 17th January 2010, 21:13   #53
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
I have been targeted, various rules and reasons have been explained to me. I think everything is extremely fair. I dont feel hard done by. I am sure there will be a crack down on anybody who is bordering the line as a trader.
I dont want to make a fuss about it, there is no point because nobody is going to give in and allow me to post up my threads again.
Hats off to you Tom, i think the help and advice you have given people on here has been of great help, the only people i have problems with are scammers and guys who put NOTHING back into the forum in the way of help and advice once they can access classifieds!
saxo-parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 21:18   #54
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Arguably people that buy up used parts on here then resell them on here at a higher mark up are a trader no?
I know who you are on about.............my advice to everyone is.....If you have a complaint about someone or you feel someone is not complying with the Forum Rules....click the report button and we will look into the problem.

All reported links get looked at and are dealt with however staff feel necessary.

Thanks
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 22:54   #55
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

Bickerton, i cant acces pms via my mobile which is i what i access the forum from 75% of the time.
Which is why i replied to you in the thread and sent the royal mail tracking number to the paypal thing, which i always do when sending items via recorded delivery.
I bulk upload details to paypal in batches.
A moderator has the details aswell now if they wish to pass them on to you.
But you also have to remember alot of the uk has being coverd in snow this last few weeks and this has delayd deliveries in and out not just for me but for alot of people, you have even admitted that in a post on another thread.
Im not here to con or scam or any one, which can be seen by my ebay tradeing score and the fact i get many repeat customers and those refered to me by them.

I would also remind people to be careful what they say on forums with regard to possible litigation
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 23:03   #56
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

Also please be aware that as they come recorded delivery they will require a signeture or you will get a drop card asking you to collect the parcel from the sorting office.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:27   #57
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

I have just seen this thread but Simo and James have covered everything that imo needs to be said. I have dealt with a few of the existing affiliates and a high number of people/businesses that want to be affiliates and would agree with Simo that the percentage he said is about right in the number of people/businesses that are successful

Quote:
There is nothing to sort out. We were outside of the rules, thats been noted time to move on
Quote:
Tom i can imaging that not having a job and having bills to pay is really hard and any money can help. However, for reasons that have been given to you via PM have explained why you are not able to carry on as you have been doing. If there is something that your are not sure on then please PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
Also please be aware that as they come recorded delivery they will require a signeture or you will get a drop card asking you to collect the parcel from the sorting office.
I bought some braided lines from swampy a while back (years) and didn't have any problems.
Rey - maybe you should speak from experience rather than judging people by what you hear

Again, just to rehiterate what J222JRA has said that if you think that something is not right, in this case a someone trading the the for sale section, then hit the report button. We can't be everywhere all of the time.
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 19:56   #58
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

I've tried for a year to become a trader. But they said no. Mainly because we'd undercut KamRacings prices.
evans1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 23:38   #59
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post
I've tried for a year to become a trader. But they said no. Mainly because we'd undercut KamRacings prices.
The refusal to proceed with 'your' affiliation had absolutely nothing to do with whether you'd undercut KamRacing's or anyone elses prices.

Each case is considered under its own merits. Your request(s) did not fill the reviewees with confidence. Maybe you should re-consider the way you word things and promote your 'company' - you may get a better response.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 00:44   #60
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post
Sounds like sour grapes. Why bring us into your spat. You still have to find a balance between trying to steal sales from rivals and actually making money.
Kev
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote