Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th April 2007, 21:31   #1
saxo_1
Infrequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

saxo_1 will become famous soon enoughsaxo_1 will become famous soon enough
Default *air intake*

I have thought about buying an induction kit for my saxo 1.1for a while now. But dont really want to pay £100 for just noise. So i took the the pipe leading to the air box of and it sounded alot better. I was just wundering if it will be bad for the car i dont think it would. The filter is still in the air box.
(not a pic of my car)
saxo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 21:42   #2
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Just means that air won't reach your filter much making your car slower, i think anyway.

All sound and no go is gay
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 21:44   #3
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

should be fine
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 23:06   #4
saxo_1
Infrequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

saxo_1 will become famous soon enoughsaxo_1 will become famous soon enough

I drive a 1.1 at what point did you think there was any go.
saxo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 23:16   #5
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_1 View Post
I drive a 1.1 at what point did you think there was any go.
When you turned around and realised you weren't in the same place as when you put your foot down?
Old 11th April 2007, 13:36   #6
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pug 1007 HDi Sport (daily) / Abarth 500
VTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant future

Wont do any harm at all mate.

But like mentioned the piping to the airbox is there so that the cold air from the front of the car can get to the airfilter as quickly and cooly as possible, removing the pipe will allow the engine to breathe abit better but will suck in warm air there by losing you alittle bit of power.

Hunt around on eBay and www.performancecentre.co.uk and see if you can fine a induction kit for your car under £80 or so

You might also be better off just fitting a slightly noisey back box rather than changing air filters to get an induction roar might even be as cheap too to find a back box