Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 29th June 2019, 17:54   #1
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo driveshaft

Hi, so im in need of a saxo diesel driveshaft, mine is leaking grease all over the place and i think its bent, i can see a wobble from it when the wheels are turning<br><br>Apparently there are two sizes of driveshafts, one 612mm and one 800mm for the driver side (left side from the front)<br><br>Do i need the 612mm for the diesel? (Like the one in the picture)<br><br>Is it a good idea that i replace both at the same time even though the other one is fine ?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 00:48   #2
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

There is no need to replace both sides at the same time. If you only have one side faulty then just replace that side. You should be able to determine the correct part for your car using your registration / model / year.

The different lengths relate to whether there is an intermediate bearing on the driveshaft. Some models just have a single piece shaft like the one you pictured, others have a longer shaft which uses a bearing in the middle to support the shaft. I am not sure which the diesel has. The person selling the shaft should be able to confirm for you what the correct shaft is. You could look under the car to see what is fitted, that will give you a better idea.

I don't know if it is possible to ship to Malta, but I would reccommend J&R driveshafts. They are excellent quality and very good prices. You can usually find J&R shafts on ebay. I am sure if you get in touch with them they can help you.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 03:21   #3
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Thanks for the reply! No mine doesnt have an intermediate bearing on it, i will try and search for j&r driveshafts then. Thanks <br><br>Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 1st July 2019, 19:23   #4
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

I bought a J&R driveshaft from ebay, it was very cheap only 25 sterling <br><br>Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk<br><br>