Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th March 2019, 16:43   #1
HulmeR87

HulmeR87 is on a distinguished road
Default Revs high on idle

Hi folks, got a slight issue, I’ve fitted a straight through exhaust on my vtr with a 3”back box, ever since then when the engines cold it idles at just over 1000rpm, but when I set off driving really slowly around 5-10mph it gets carried away with its self an starts reving just over 2000rpm buy it’s self, once the engine is warm it’s fine ticks over under 1000rpm, any help would be much appreciated cheers
HulmeR87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 18:45   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Vacuum leak somewhere mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 19:03   #3
HulmeR87

Cheers mate, a vacuum leak, in that case would the leak be somewhere on the inlet manifold, is there any common places they leak from?
Old 12th March 2019, 22:43   #4
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Mine does this from time to time too. It will go to 2k and idle spot on there, if I let the clutch out a bit it can be brought down and then it will stay at normal idle. blip the throttle again and up it goes to 2k. Only happens whilst the engine is heating up.

I thought vac leak at the inlet manifold, but I have since checked that thoroughly and there's none. Who knows. Doesn't really bother me.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 07:03   #5
Alexa
L-plater

Alexa is on a distinguished road

Maybe this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKAnFQ-S6hk
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2019, 10:10   #6
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Remove the ICV and CLEAN it, it's probably dirty too which wont be helping things. the rubber plunger breaks down over time and jams them.
Old 25th March 2019, 16:10   #7
HulmeR87

Cheers guys I’ll give the icv a good clean an spray some carp cleaner around the inlet and injectors to see if any seals have perished