Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th June 2019, 12:29   #1
Saxnutz

Saxnutz is on a distinguished road
Default Fitting cams and pulleys

Hi, looking for a bit of advice on fitting my cans and pulleys. I’m handy enough with spanner but I’ve never removed/replaced cams before so thought I’d ask a few questions before I go wading in!

I have a 106 GTI running GSXR throttle bodies and have a set of Newman phase 3 cams to go in. The cams are already fitted with adjustable pulleys so they might as well go in too.

When fitting these cams and pulleys do I just lock everything off at TDC as I would if I were replacing the belt? When fitting the new cams and pulleys how do I know it will still be at standard timing considering the new pulleys don’t appear to have a specific hole to lock them in place as the standard pulleys do?

I’ve had a look for a guide on fitting cams on here but found nothing so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Saxnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2019, 23:34   #2
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

how much lift at TDC do the ph3's get timed to and how much clearance is there in a standard engine?

typically adjustable pulleys dont have pin holes, so you need to fit the cams with the standard pulleys to get the cams in the right position, then swap to the adjustable ones and set the timing with a dial gauge.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 23:49   #3
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Keep the stock pulleys. They are adjustable anyway, are easy to adjust and don't break or wear out. Plus it's easy to pin up to get the timing close enough to run safely while you get to a dyno to optimise them and get it mapped to suit the cams etc. :-)
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote