Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st June 2007, 11:51   #1
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!
Default How to guide: Changing Fuel Filter

had a look around and could'nt find a guide for how to change the fuel filter so heres my guide.

Things you need:-
- new fuel filter
- new fuel filter strap (chances are that your old one will break)
- trolley jack
- rubber gloves (petrol stings if it gets in any cuts in your hands)
- small bucket
-axel stands (to be extra safe)

the fuel filter is located on the passenger side of the car just in front of the back wheel

1. jack the car up and put it on axel stands if you want to be extra safe, i live my life to the egde so didnt bother with the stands (plus i trust the jack). i jacked the car up under the front jacking point as the one on the rear is right next to the fuel filter

2. when you have jacked the car up this is what you need to look for

3. pull the strap like this. it should just pop out. it doesnt matter if this breaks as you have a new one standing by

4. i didnt know i which order to unplug the hoses so just went for it and did this one first, get your bucket ready

as soon as i took this hose of petrol started to come out

just put my finger over it, keep it level and no petrol comes out

5. now take the other hose off

6. your filter should now come out and just plug your new one back in

this is what your new filter and strap should look like

7. as your old strap might break (99.9% chance it will) this needs to be replaced.

this is the hardest part of it. the knob that is on the end of the strap that hasnt got the small handle on it has to be pushed into a hole which is up and round to the left hand side of the fuel filter. this was quite hard to get in as the brake pipes were in my way. the hole is white and easy to find with your fingers.

8. this is what it should now look like.

Please make sure that when you put the pipes back on to the new fuel filter they click into place

10. once this is all done and you have checked your work, start your car and give is a couple of revs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
A small note... Rather than turning the engine over immediately, I would make sure it primes, then turn the key back, then allow it to prime again. If you listen carefully, when you turn the key to the stage just prior to ignition, it will pressure the system, and when it's ready, you will hear it. Everything time I have changed the fuel filter, I have had to do this a few times before I could hear that the system is fully ready for ignition.

11. check for any leaks, which there shouldnt be

12. off you go

Last edited by Mark51; 6th January 2008 at 09:21.
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 12:10   #2
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Nice one mate, need to do a service to mine in the near future so this ill come in handy!

Couple of typos though, you called it an oil filter once and wrote 'not' instead of 'now'

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 12:20   #3
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

look again, lol
Old 1st June 2007, 15:13   #4
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Sticky??
Old 1st June 2007, 15:17   #5
Davidp
Saxperience Addict
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!

Great guide! Will give this ago sometime in the next couple of weeks...!
Should defo's be stickied too..
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 15:35   #6
doubledavies
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

doubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to behold

good guide

I would put it on an axle stand before venturing underneath imo
doubledavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 15:37   #7
Ma5on
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Derrrr LMAO
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Ma5on is a jewel in the roughMa5on is a jewel in the roughMa5on is a jewel in the rough

good guide mark A1 mate
Ma5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 15:39   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

good stuff mate

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 16:08   #9
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledavies View Post
good guide

I would put it on an axle stand before venturing underneath imo
thats one of the best jacks you can get, it can hold 3 tonne. Cheers though
Old 1st June 2007, 16:17   #10
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah but if it fails your a bit fooked mate, axle stands are much safer working under a car

Old 1st June 2007, 16:32   #11
Mark51p
Super Moderator

first posted edited
Old 1st June 2007, 16:35   #12
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol go on make me look a dick you must be a real man getting uder a car with it just on the jack

Old 1st June 2007, 16:42   #13
Mark51p
Super Moderator

well i was just going to hold it with one arm but didnt want to make anyone blush lol
Old 1st June 2007, 16:44   #14
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol

Old 1st June 2007, 16:45   #15
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

i do it with just a jack not fussed tbh
Old 1st June 2007, 16:53   #16
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

not fussed if it falls on your head or falls and causes serious damage to the car. Ok then

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 16:56   #17
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol my car has slipped off the jack before, its so easy to do, if your working uder a car with just the jack in place and you start undoing a bolt the jack could easily fail or slip, for the sake of an extra 2 minutes put it on stands, could save your life

The Following User Says Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post:
Old 1st June 2007, 17:38   #18
Mark51p
Super Moderator

hence why i have changed it to say use axel stands if you wise
Old 1st June 2007, 17:40   #19
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mk2 Saxo Vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

Great guide feller!

There should be a guide for each filter, changing oil and everything just like this as there are lots of pics and its realy simple

Last edited by riggsy; 1st June 2007 at 17:43.
riggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 19:15   #20
Mark51p
Super Moderator

^^ i am thinking about doing some other guides, so will bare this in mind mate