Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th December 2007, 01:06   #201
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

i cant believe how stupid citroen dealership employees are when it comes to parts, they can never fink outside the box! silly lil workers
Old 28th December 2007, 20:22   #202
motobruce
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
motobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone else had a problem with the lower mount on the exhaust not reaching the gearbox? Ive fitted 2 to vtr's and havnt bolted them to the gear box as the bracket didnt reach. But am thinking of getting one for my vts and wanted to make sure it was bolted on there, my standard isnt as the bolts missing.

Any one got a pic of one bolted on to the box? Or a pic of a standard vts one bolted on as on the exploded parts diagram it looks like it has a stud spacer and then a nut where as my mates vtr's were just bolts going straight in to the box.
motobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 14:54   #203
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

i didnt have a problem with mine, but have herd of people not having it line up, best way is to test fit then modify to ur car. i dont think i have a pic of it sorry m8
Old 29th December 2007, 21:45   #204
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

just finished getting mine fitted like.

Dip stick was a hassle and the head mani studs but apart from that ok. Louder as well
Old 2nd January 2008, 03:33   #205
kraigleeder
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): citroen saxo VTS 16v baby
kraigleeder will become famous soon enoughkraigleeder will become famous soon enough

Awsome thread fella answered alot of questions i had
just on the lamda sensor side the 1 in the top of the cat gos behind your engine and into the hole where the sensor use to be after your cat and that sensor gos cabled tied to the battery tray with some copper tubing reading clean air

defo worth some rep

ITS ALL ABOUT THE S
PROGRESS THREAD OLD 1.1 AND NEW VTS http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=112917
kraigleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 07:43   #206
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

thanks very much m8. is that a question at all?lol
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:51   #207
adnandunn
Established Member
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
adnandunn has a spectacular aura aboutadnandunn has a spectacular aura about

fantastic guide will be fitting mine on saturday
adnandunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:55   #208
adnandunn
Established Member
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
adnandunn has a spectacular aura aboutadnandunn has a spectacular aura about

could any one tell me what power diffrence they gained from changing to raceland manifold?

mods de cat straight through exhaust enclosed induction
adnandunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:17   #209
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

I'm pretty much running the same as that, maybe revs quicker but would need a power run to see if any real difference, as noise could just be a placebo to make you think you're going quicker
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:32   #210
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

thanks very much

well im running at 90.6bhp in my furio with pretty much the same, except mine is a twin exit, came on car so avent wasted money changin it as getting a vts. well worth getting done
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:04   #211
kraigleeder
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): citroen saxo VTS 16v baby
kraigleeder will become famous soon enoughkraigleeder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
thanks very much m8. is that a question at all?lol
im not sure lol it was really late and i was rambling but is that correct what i said if you can make any sense of it lmao

ITS ALL ABOUT THE S
PROGRESS THREAD OLD 1.1 AND NEW VTS http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=112917
kraigleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:10   #212
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

ye m8 lol i fink so haha
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:25   #213
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Good guide mate, clear pics and spot on info

How long did it take total and do you need axle stands etc?

has moving the labda sensor made any difference at all like fuelling or anything?
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:26   #214
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Getting my SS manifold and some other things next week, cant wait now

Was going to get this done at the garage but i might do it myself so i can clean the whole block and smooth/polish the ports
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:31   #215
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

definetly do it yourself m8, im sure ur mechanical minded. you get satisfaction that you have actually done something to the performance yourself, plus so much cheaper
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:36   #216
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
definetly do it yourself m8, im sure ur mechanical minded. you get satisfaction that you have actually done something to the performance yourself, plus so much cheaper
Cheers bud

Do you need axle stands to raise the car up or can you use jacks...
Lambda sensor question asked above?

Hopefully learn how to use a laptop to map cars and create custom maps for track/street/RR after the next stage of my car is finished
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:40   #217
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

i used axle stands as i didnt want a saxo on my face, i wudnt take the risk.

sorry m8 didnt see that, mine pops like a bitch so i reckon its running a bit rich, bit hard to tell on consumption as the fuel prices are truely taking the piss now.

klkl ye that would be good, i dont plan to do anymore on my furio looking for a black vts. iv got a flocked dash coming but not putting it in furio
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:50   #218
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
i used axle stands as i didnt want a saxo on my face, i wudnt take the risk.

sorry m8 didnt see that, mine pops like a bitch so i reckon its running a bit rich, bit hard to tell on consumption as the fuel prices are truely taking the piss now.

klkl ye that would be good, i dont plan to do anymore on my furio looking for a black vts. iv got a flocked dash coming but not putting it in furio
haha can barely get anything under mine let alone a head

How can you really tell how lean/rich you are running without expensive equipment?
Prices are a joke, but i still use V-power

Mapping would be sweet as i could map people's cars at meets/events with just a laptop and some simple gear plus when i get a slice of Turbo in a few years that would be a mint tool

Pics of the flock dash when it arrives was that on the group buy?
More info needed on it now lol
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:56   #219
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

ye haha same.

umm i think air fuel ratio gauge u can tell, dunno if mine wud go crazy thow. wud like to try one out. fair play lol i used to but felt no difference.

ye would be gd, i would like to be able to change maps while in the car. to try conserve petrol in traffic etc. but still be able to boot it and stick with vtr's, zetec s's lol.

ye as soon as it arrives il get some up. ye sure was but i had to source another dash as didnt want to take furio apart, plus posting was a challenge. hopefully should be coming my way this week
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:01   #220
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Good luck with it all fella

Plenty of pics/videos of mine will be around after the next 3 weeks
Lots happening before the RR day on 26th going to be sweet