Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 1st November 2009, 19:21   #2281
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Bickerton is on a distinguished road

One less place on my xmas card list now
Old 1st November 2009, 19:27   #2282
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

if 5th gear is fucked at least its the easyest one for them to change.
Old 1st November 2009, 19:31   #2283
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
if 5th gear is fucked at least its the easyest one for them to change.
Indeed, but tbf he has had it over a week now, you gotta expect some problems by now
Old 1st November 2009, 19:32   #2284
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickerton View Post
Indeed, but tbf he has had it over a week now, you gotta expect some problems by now
At least it did make it out of pulloneoff this time
Old 1st November 2009, 19:39   #2285
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your box mate. This doesn't bode well for me either as they rebuilt my Quaife box....if that fucks up due to incompetence they WILL be getting a bill for a new gearset. What is it with companies these days, you can't fucking trust anyone, so sad....

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 19:42   #2286
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

I think this XSi box has been cursed from day one. I'll find out tomorrow what's going to happen. Best case scenario, is I get the XSi FD / Quaife put into a 106 GTi / VTS gearset.

So does the fooked 5th account for the noises i'm hearing? Sounds like something loose is inside the box...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 19:46   #2287
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

No one will be able to say about the noise tbh without hearing it/driving it.

originally it went in for fooked bearings iirc?.. 5th gear is like I say the easyer one to change though, its the one which isnt an entire gearset out jobby. Which is why sayer wants a long 5th on his box.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:03   #2288
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I think this XSi box has been cursed from day one. I'll find out tomorrow what's going to happen. Best case scenario, is I get the XSi FD / Quaife put into a 106 GTi / VTS gearset.

So does the fooked 5th account for the noises i'm hearing? Sounds like something loose is inside the box...
If the nut has come off 5th then this could account for the noise?
Old 1st November 2009, 20:10   #2289
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

It was pretty messed up before! Couldn't select gears easily, and it would get locked in gear if left for a short while. They had to do some repair work to the diff area IIRC. As it appeared that the Quaife hadn't been machined in correctly. Gears 1 to 4 feel fine, apart form the strange noises. Just lot's of clanking coming from the box area.

This might help? Just before the problem happened, I was about to drive home from my folks. I was sitting in the car, and when you move the gearstick left / right to make sure you're in neutral, the gearstick kept getting stuck and wouldn't spring back into the middle position.

I've also noticed that when taking off from a stationary position, I hear a clank from the box area. I thought it was the suspension originally.

Any of this adding up?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 20:19   #2290
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict

Sounds like somethings fell off, they need to come trailer it back to pug1off man, driving it will not end well!
Old 1st November 2009, 20:24   #2291
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

The moving it left and right things is the selector mechanism - there are springs either side of it which 'push' it back into the middle - sounds like this was a tight fit or one of the springs was stuck?

The selector mechanism is next to the diff/above it.

Clanking could be the diff?

Is hard to say what it is unless the box is apart - is easy to speculate. I would get Pug1off to take the box taken apart and maybe send you some pictures? something could be wrong as will only mean you'll end up stranded/casue more damage.

The 5th gear problem sounds like it could be a variety of things
Old 1st November 2009, 20:26   #2292
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

The selector mechanism sits in the gap at the bottom of the picture
Old 1st November 2009, 20:29   #2293
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

You could feel that it was still trying to be pushed back, but it appeared to getting caught on something. Really weird eh? It didn't do it every time you moved the stick, it was 50 / 50. Also, it only got stuck when I moved it to the left, not the right.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 20:33   #2294
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
You could feel that it was still trying to be pushed back, but it appeared to getting caught on something. Really weird eh? It didn't do it every time you moved the stick, it was 50 / 50. Also, it only got stuck when I moved it to the left, not the right.
The selector mechanism could be slightly off-centre causing it to just catch when it tries to push back to centre.

Doesn't sound too serious, but still if you've spent £200 on it then it should be perfect IMO

Let me know how you get on re: gearbox and what pug1offs diagnosis is - will be interesting to hear what's wrong
Old 1st November 2009, 20:38   #2295
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Sure thing man. It was fine when I picked the car up the other week. First problems I noticed where the strange noises when I moved the car from stop. Like a 'clank' sound from the front left. Sounds like the suspension... But tonight, when 5th rodgered, that's when i strated getting the same noise but while the car was moving. It's not suspension related, as it happens clearly when you are moving at like 10mph on a flat road. Seems to happen more frequently when you turn slightly to the right.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 20:42   #2296
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Sure thing man. It was fine when I picked the car up the other week. First problems I noticed where the strange noises when I moved the car from stop. Like a 'clank' sound from the front left. Sounds like the suspension... But tonight, when 5th rodgered, that's when i strated getting the same noise but while the car was moving. It's not suspension related, as it happens clearly when you are moving at like 10mph on a flat road. Seems to happen more frequently when you turn slightly to the right.
Could be diff. orientated? Sounds definitely like a box apart job - I wouldn't let Pug1off just fix the 5th problem unless they are certain that's the problem for the clonk too and the gearstick to get stuck occasionally.

If Alex couldn't see anything that could cause the clunk from suspension then box or engine mounts?

Sorry to hear the bad luck mate, it'll get there eventually!! Good things come to those who wait
Old 1st November 2009, 20:50   #2297
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Hopefully Raunchz

I can't see it's suspension, as it's got new wishones on, with new bushes and balljoints. ...and the same noise persists. If it's the diff, then that's bad news brown.

The engine mounts are semi-rigid grp A's, and are fairly new.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 20:53   #2298
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Hopefully Raunchz

I can't see it's suspension, as it's got new wishones on, with new bushes and balljoints. ...and the same noise persists. If it's the diff, then that's bad news brown.

The engine mounts are semi-rigid grp A's, and are fairly new.
Shouldn't be the diff but could be diff orientated - I'm just speculating, could be a variety of things, might be a really simple thing!

The diff's have a lifetime guarantee from quaife iirc

Could it be driveshaft? Given up with the new engine in !
Old 1st November 2009, 20:56   #2299
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Driveshaft... Possibly. One on the offside is brand new, put in by Pug1Off. But the noise is coming from the near side.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 21:00   #2300
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Driveshaft... Possibly. One on the offside is brand new, put in by Pug1Off. But the noise is coming from the near side.
Could be nearside shaft - fairly easy to change over and too much ££

See what pu1off reckon.