Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 1st July 2009, 01:03   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Launch of new 'Articles' section - still work in progress.

About six weeks ago, I launched the concept of a content contributor group..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo
The reason for setting this up is to allow a wider team of people to get involved in the content, which is published within the community, but is not just restricted to personal forum posts.
Behind the scenes a number of discussions have been going on about what we want this group of people to contribute and how. A demo articles section has been live for approximately one month. With various things happening (FCS, new server switch, etc, etc) both the launch of the new section and the new content, which needs to be placed within it, have been delayed.

I've decided to launch the new articles section NOW, still work in progress, so that I'm under a bit more pressure to deliver and also because it gives you all the chance to see what we are working on and allows you the opportunity to shape the end result.

Over the coming weeks, more of the older article content will transfer over to the new section. There are already quite a few new articles work in progress, some of which promise to be very informative!

The article categories and sub-categories will also need to develop as the new content is released. It will all become obvious, when you see the simple layout in place.

It has been decided that the articles should not allow public replies and so if you have some constructive feedback for the author, please contact him/her via PM/email/pager, etc.

If you appreciate the content shown within any article, the 'Thanks' buttons are active. Please make use of these to show your appreciation and encourage the content contributors to work harder.

If you'd like to get involved with the content contributor group and really do want to help to develop articles, then please request your application in the group memberships section, within your user cp. (details in thread linked at top of this post).

As ever, I appreciate your feedback. Fresh content will be published as soon as possible. Currently, the content, which has been focussed upon is Premium Member How-To Guides and discounts. (sorry non-Premium Members)

Click the ARTICLES button at the top of the page to visit the new section. Page navigation will be simplified in the next few days.

Thanks
Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:29   #2
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Nobody's got anything to say?

There are about a dozen more articles that should be added to this section in the next few days. Is this something anyone is actually interested in? lol

Quote:
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:35   #3
Liam
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (86%)
Liam is on a distinguished road

Wicked idea tbh. It can be a pain in the ass trying to find help guides and such like. Especially when people reply to a question with 'there's guide on here somewhere'. At least now they will all be in one place.
One question though, if someone created a guide will they be able to put it straight in to the 'Articles Section' or will you have to sort that one out once it is approved?
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:00   #4
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam08 View Post
Wicked idea tbh. It can be a pain in the ass trying to find help guides and such like. Especially when people reply to a question with 'there's guide on here somewhere'. At least now they will all be in one place.
One question though, if someone created a guide will they be able to put it straight in to the 'Articles Section' or will you have to sort that one out once it is approved?
'official' guides, which will live in the articles section will need to be approved by the content contributor team before they are placed in the new section. This means we get the opportunity to add constructive feedback and also shape the look & feel a little. Also linke dimages, etc are managed via the Saxperience server, to ensure longevity.

Anyone can request to join the content contributors team, but only people who actively contribute will remain within the group.

Simo

Quote:
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:02   #5
Liam
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (86%)
Liam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
'official' guides, which will live in the articles section will need to be approved by the content contributor team before they are placed in the new section. This means we get the opportunity to add constructive feedback and also shape the look & feel a little. Also linke dimages, etc are managed via the Saxperience server, to ensure longevity.

Anyone can request to join the content contributors team, but only people who actively contribute will remain within the group.

Simo
Oh right. That's fair enough. All looks like its been well thought out.
Top work to everyone.
Look forwards to it
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:28   #6
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Just had a quick nosy and looks like a good section - something I will use in the near future I reckon.

Good work so far
Old 29th May 2010, 13:19   #7
Simop
Administrator

A fair amount of effort has been put into developing the articles section, but unfortunately it appears to be overlooked by many people, which will in turn, slow the development of this section, if it is not of interest.

To try and turn the corner, I've added the articles section to the forum listing to see if this improves popularity. The more articles are appreciated, the more the authors will be inclined to create fresh content

The articles section is currently placed within the 'Saxperience Community Related Forum', so please take a look. Some forums are restricted to Premium Members, some are open to all. The content and setup will continue to evolve, if member interest is shown.

Thanks,
Simo

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simo For This Useful Post:
Old 29th May 2010, 13:24   #8
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

I personally dont use it as I don't like the way it's layed out, there's stuff everywhere and I wouldn't know where to begin looking for what I needed.. I would prfer it if it was part of the forums and not re-directed to an other area

My view anyway
Old 29th May 2010, 13:34   #9
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHouston View Post
I personally dont use it as I don't like the way it's layed out, there's stuff everywhere and I wouldn't know where to begin looking for what I needed.. I would prfer it if it was part of the forums and not re-directed to an other area

My view anyway
Your choice fella...

The navigation on the top left corner tells it all really. I can improve this, but without anyone using it, there's been little point

Im guessing you wont be contributing to the regional section then either, which is a shame

Quote:
Old 29th May 2010, 13:43   #10
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Bob is a nutter.

Didn't realise he had done soo many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Old 29th May 2010, 15:56   #11
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Bob is a nutter.

Didn't realise he had done soo many..
The boy done good

Quote:
Old 29th June 2010, 17:23   #12
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

bobc for mod!

jeez that guy deserves a medal.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:01   #13
Simop
Administrator

bobc is a mod already

Quote:
Closed Thread