Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 17th January 2010, 16:24   #1
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold
Default Affiliate members.

Understanding why, but some of the items for sale in the for sale section has been closed by mods due to the seller not being an affiliate member.

Now these members usually do the odd deal at a good price too as they can get them so cheap, its kind of like a group buy that lasts. These users are the smaller sellers and don't make enough money from selling small items on here at a cheap price to become an afiliate member as of the premium that goes with it.

You could also suggest as their are constantly the usual people, on the for sale section that constantly sell parts for a higher price than some affiliate members but there posts do not get removed, locked or deleted. These sellers also buy parts cheaper off other members and re-sell them for a higher value constantly. Doesn't this make them an affiliate member also?

Personally think some rules need to change to whom is entitled the affiliate member title and has to pay the premium,

Obviously their are the big names such as Kam racing etc that are set out as a business which is all fine, but i personally think their are some affiliate members that should be allowed to sell items without having to pay the premium otherwise users of this site miss out on items at a better asking price.

Pros: (Affiliate members)
~ Set price
~ Set picture
~ experience from other users on quality of product, posting, price.
~ known by other users
~ get back to you quicker

Their are also other posts in the for sale section that are overlooked such as members selling for TunningLeader, yes they get good discounts but they sell lots of items, but they are not an affiliate member.

Now i do not want to mention names and this is just one for that matter but for example swampy sells just braided brake lines, and his thread has been locked, is this fair? You decide....
Old 17th January 2010, 16:52   #2
bushy90
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): R53 MCS
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
bushy90 is on a distinguished road

agreed.....
bushy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 17:27   #3
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

The for sale section is for members of the saxperience community to sell items they no longer require.

It is not there for Traders to sell items.........If people are doing quite alot of sales on here making them look like a trader then surely it is worth them paying the small costs to become an affiliate member and that way there sales will be more highlited in the affiliates section.......like Kam racing etc etc.

We have to treat everyone equally....we cannot turn a blind eye to certain traders as that would upset our current affiliates.

Sometimes however we can miss certain things (we are human at the end of the day).....If you see someone selling items and they are quite obviously a trader then please click the report button.

Thanks

Last edited by J222JRA; 17th January 2010 at 17:30.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 17:55   #4
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the reply J222JRA,

But im not sure if you fully understand what i am explaining.

Affiliate members have to pay to sell items, which the bigger company's do, but smaller users that don't make the money to return the cost of the fees for affiliate members, maybe their should be a group set up for smaller traders, as for the affiliate section i personally do not think everyone checks their enough for their usual odds/ends items as like the group buys they are just not situated in the right place.

Their are also other members offering port and polishing services should they be in the affiliate section? seriously they are doing small services to help keep costs down to other members of the sax-p community, i really feel that the category for users to fall into an affiliate member needs to be revised, as i could quite easily click the report button a few times right now in the for sale thread if i really wanted to...

What do you class as an affiliate trader?

Someone who trades usually in the for sale section
Someone Who sells the same part over and over
Someone offering a service cheaper then a local garage?
Somone offering to fit car/audio for a cheaper price (advertisement maybe?)?
The same person cropping up all the time selling odds and ends?

Last edited by baker556; 17th January 2010 at 17:58.
baker556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 17:59   #5
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
Thanks for the reply J222JRA,

But im not sure if you fully understand what i am explaining.

Affiliate members have to pay to sell items, which the bigger company's do, but smaller users that don't make the money to return the cost of the fees for affiliate members, maybe their should be a group set up for smaller traders, as for the affiliate section i personally do not think everyone checks their enough for their usual odds/ends items as like the group buys they are just not situated in the right place.

Their are also other members offering port and polishing services should they be in the affiliate section? seriously they are doing small services to help keep costs down to other members of the sax-p community, i really feel that the category for users to fall into an affiliate member needs to be revised, as i could quite easily click the report button a few times right now in the for sale thread if i really wanted to...

Im not the best man to explain Affiliates section...........from what i understand though there are various different types of affiliates to help accomodate for smaller traders etc etc.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:01   #6
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

My threads have been closed. I was barely making any money on all my parts. Being unemployed at the moment this was my only source of income which has now been cut off. I was making only a couple of quid every few days but it was just enough to pay the phone bill and travel expenses whilst job hunting.

Takes the piss but i can understand. I now have a unit full of bits i cant advertise with no job and no source of income no matter how big or small.
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 19:04   #7
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
Im not the best man to explain Affiliates section...........from what i understand though there are various different types of affiliates to help accomodate for smaller traders etc etc.
As being a moderator, im sure you could find out this information quite easily, and maybe even address this to other mods and simo.

J222JRA can you not see what i am trying to explain here, i understand the rules, their are rules for a reason and rules that are currently very vague in fact. Do you, yourself think that this should be addressed being a moderator yourself or do you think it should carry on as it is being unfair on the smaller users?
Old 17th January 2010, 19:06   #8
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
My threads have been closed. I was barely making any money on all my parts. Being unemployed at the moment this was my only source of income which has now been cut off. I was making only a couple of quid every few days but it was just enough to pay the phone bill and travel expenses whilst job hunting.

Takes the piss but i can understand. I now have a unit full of bits i cant advertise with no job and no source of income no matter how big or small.
Thanks for the example Tom

Were your parts cheaper than other suppliers?

How much is it to become an afiliate member?

How much do you make profit wise in a week?

Do you see other traders in the for sale section not being targeted as much as you have?
Old 17th January 2010, 19:10   #9
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

http://www.saxperience.com/info/show...e.php?artid=73

My parts were about the average price
See the link above
Profit wise a week i made maybe £10-30. So as you can see thats peanuts.

There is plenty of users selling new parts and items and it would appear they haven't been hit.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:17   #10
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
http://www.saxperience.com/info/show...e.php?artid=73

My parts were about the average price
See the link above
Profit wise a week i made maybe £10-30. So as you can see thats peanuts.

There is plenty of users selling new parts and items and it would appear they haven't been hit.
Thanks, I agree i see alot of users time and time again posting for sale items which blatantly have nothing to do with their own cars.

I did see that link but cannot see any prices.

Current rules.

Specific Rules

• Groups, Organisations or Companies Wishing to Trade.
Use of the Saxperience For Sale or Wanted forums by groups, organisations or companies for the sole purpose of monetary gain is not permitted. The For Sale and Wanted forums are to be used by individuals offering products of their own, or requesting products for their own use. Private trading by individuals is permitted.

Using the For Sale or Wanted forums as a means of casual trading is not permitted and users found to be doing this (on behalf of groups, organisations or companies) may have their user accounts banned or their user permissions restricted.

The only permitted form of non-private advertising for monetary gain is via the Saxperience Affiliate Scheme. For further details, please see the following article: http://www.saxperience.com/info/show...e.php?artid=73

Can any mods explain the underlined bold part?
Old 17th January 2010, 19:20   #11
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

Selling second hand parts i assume
Old 17th January 2010, 19:21   #12
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

I think its good to crack down on traders that are not paying their way. Theres a few on here that are overlooked, or people doing enough business from the forum to warrant being set up as a trader. I wont mention names. They hurt our sales and have none of the costs. Cash in hand is a nice little earner.
Its worth having some differentiation between traders and forum members making a small profit through on a one off or small amount.
I dont know how many items you were selling Tom. Was it a lot? Could you benefit by raising your price a little bit to cover costs and then go official on the forum and get even more business?

Kev
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 19:25   #13
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Selling second hand parts i assume
There has also been a trader that had threads locked from selling second hand items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
I think its good to crack down on traders that are not paying their way. Theres a few on here that are overlooked, or people doing enough business from the forum to warrant being set up as a trader. I wont mention names. They hurt our sales and have none of the costs. Cash in hand is a nice little earner.
Its worth having some differentiation between traders and forum members making a small profit through on a one off or small amount.
I dont know how many items you were selling Tom. Was it a lot? Could you benefit by raising your price a little bit to cover costs and then go official on the forum and get even more business?

Kev
I understand this Kev thanks for your input, but your a bigger company that sell a variety of items and you are not just on this site, im talking about the individual user/trader a "one man and his van" getting the odd discount on a few parts for the members of the forum to benefit from. To add a small trader to the affiliate section is just a waste of time as they sell set products and not many of them.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:27   #14
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

To me its quite clear......when a user is selling an item repeatedly and advertising that they are selling new parts all the time they are seen as a trader. This is why you have to be an affiliate.

Just a example... say for example Kam Racing ( a paying affiliate) were selling an item...lets say an exhaust system and it was £120. Then a member (non paying affliate) was selling the same item but multiple times (advertising more than 1) Kam Racing would i imagine become very annoyed and think why should they have to pay yet other people dont???

As i have said though i am not the best person to explain this.....so im not going to try. I have made the necessary staff who deal with affiliates aware of this thread so that they can help you guys out.

Kind Regards

James
Old 17th January 2010, 19:27   #15
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

I wasn't selling a huge amount tbh. Really i couldn't increase my prices without feeling like a thief as i was pretty much matching the same prices as various shops.

I have a contact at the local Citroen who was doing me a few deals here and there which i was passing onto members here.

Such as drop links and wishbones for 50% less than citroen
Old 17th January 2010, 19:31   #16
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks James for your help,

I'm sure Simo will be here to sort it out soonish...
Old 17th January 2010, 19:32   #17
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

There is nothing to sort out. We were outside of the rules, thats been noted time to move on
Old 17th January 2010, 19:37   #18
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

I agree with Baker's first point, there are many private traders on the site, a couple have been stopped, yet some are still allowed to continue advertising on here?

There are people on here that will haggle with people, tell them that what they are selling is worth nothing, and then re-sell it on here at double what he paid. I'm not against someone making money, but that to me is trading. Why aren't they stopped? Members like mandyslover70 are car breakers, yet there are normal members doing this? Why are they affiliates?

And I think Tom is a prime example, he was providing a discount to us, I don't think that's trading. Granted he's making a profit, but its negligible and he's helping the members of the site. Maybe a member group should be created for people like him, that has a minor cost associated.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 19:40   #19
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

Frankly its no real loss to me, i was only trying to help. I was making like £3 on a set of drop links and selling 1 set a week big deal. The would cost £20-24 each in Citroen i just thought I'd help a few of the more poor members of the forum
Old 17th January 2010, 19:45   #20
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
What do you class as an affiliate trader?

Someone who trades usually in the for sale section
Someone Who sells the same part over and over
Someone offering a service cheaper then a local garage?
Somone offering to fit car/audio for a cheaper price (advertisement maybe?)?
The same person cropping up all the time selling odds and ends?
To me, all of the above describe a casual trader and NOT an affiliate member. An affiliate member is a company or organisation officially affiliated with the Saxperience community.

======

The rules regarding trading are quite specific I think, but Im willing to update them to make the position clearer if needed?

Its worth baring in mind that NOT all requests to become an affiliate member are approved. In fact, Id say less than 20% are approved, for various reasons.

Individuals wishing to trade on the quiet and make a quick buck here and there, I can understand why you want to make use of free advertising within the community, but unfortunately this is not permitted within the current rules. There are reasons for this, in the interest of the community as a whole.

The fees involved with affiliate membership are IMO very modest and enable both the affiliate and the community members to benefit largely.

Please let me know which parts of the rules need to be cleared up.

Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote