Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 18th June 2007, 02:39   #1
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Sax-P Toolbar

think it would be good to have one of these, SSC have one now, unless its in version 4

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 02:45   #2
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

noticed that on ssc the other day but didnt have a look at it... what does it do?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 02:55   #3
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

just basically like a google toolbar, has event details scrolling across, live feeds button, a radio, and other things you can add, pretty nifty actually, only problem is the radio, cant get my local stations on

Old 18th June 2007, 03:01   #4
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

sounds ok i guess, alot of them probably have thier own toolbars you can download (for radio stations)

Events scrolling accross is a cool idea.

Google search bar... well alot of people probably have one these days.

Who knows what v4 has to offer though!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 03:04   #5
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol so no clues on version 4

there is add ons such as

calculator
calories counter
to do list

think the scrolling events could be a good thing

am sure some people will suggest some things that would be useful to them

Old 18th June 2007, 04:10   #6
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

i have a toolbar installed for my own site.

you can easily add extra stations to it simply by following a couple of lines of instructions

www.voguefm.co.uk
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 08:23   #7
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

With v4 there are going to be many ways you can access and interact with the Saxperience website, using any Internet capable device. Compared with other tools that are out there these toolbars are quite limiting IMO.

I've made no plans for a browser toolbar in v4, and I'm not sure a toolbar would be the best approach. Most of the features of these toolbars are already built into most Web browsers.

Why have a toolbar when you could have the latest Saxperience news delivered to your inbox,
or sent to a gadget/widget on your desktop,
or sent to your phone by SMS,
or sent to your Messenger/Yahoo/AIM account,
or ... (many other things) ...,
or even sent to a toolbar in your browser?
(a few v4 hints there)

Yes that's right, a toolbar in your browser!
But why have a toolbar that's devoted only to Saxperience when you can have one that works for ALL the sites you visit?
(I know there are a few who only ever browse Saxperience... I'll have a quiet word with them later)

While I can see how a specific Saxperience toolbar could be useful, I think a couple of how-to-guides showing how people can make better use of the tools they already have would benefit more people. v4 employs lots of the latest technologies, and there will be helpful articles and guides to go with it all!

One thing I hadn't considered was radio, but again I think there are much better tools available to fulfil that need.

You're welcome to convince me of the advantages of a toolbar - I'm always open to ideas.
It's visitor feedback that helps Saxperience improve, so keep the ideas flowing.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 08:36   #8
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

the only radio feature i can think of would be to have something to listen to the DJs of the site
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 08:38   #9
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
the only radio feature i can think of would be to have something to listen to the DJs of the site
http://www.voguefm.co.uk/popup.html

If djs want their sets listed or a live slot just PM me
Old 18th June 2007, 09:09   #10
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

i think its a good idea, instead of having the google search though have a sax-p search? and yeah get a few DJ's doing it of here, infact my rag my belovide 1210's out 2da and see if ive still got it, well wait not sure i ever had it haha! hmm must find the mic aswell and get MC'in again
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 14:49   #11
seat-craig
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon
seat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant future

or you could just click search. whats the time scale for v4 everyone is flapping on about it when they know nothing about it
seat-craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 14:52   #12
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seat-craig View Post
or you could just click search. whats the time scale for v4 everyone is flapping on about it when they know nothing about it
Soon.

but probably soon like:
Old 18th June 2007, 18:43   #13
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

later on this year version 4 is going to be out

Old 19th June 2007, 00:13   #14
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Tool bars are gay, clean browsers/desktops for the win on this one.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 01:31   #15
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
i love my Tool and im sooooo gay,
always knew it

Last edited by Predator_R32; 19th June 2007 at 01:34.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:32   #16
djrem
Saxperience Addict

for those interested:
http://voguefm.myradiotoolbar.com/exe

Thats a basic toolbar that is free to set up and a doddle to use.
plus is fully customiseable.

Oh and no virus or spam or spyware either
Old 20th June 2007, 13:28   #17
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): ED30
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Tool bars are gay, clean browsers/desktops for the win on this one.
agreed, god i hate a desktop full of shortcuts, its all about one recyle bin and thats it
Hopcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 20:45   #18
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

tool bars are
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 20:32   #19
RustySkull
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Focus RS, Discovery TD5, Renault Trafic 2.0
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
RustySkull is on a distinguished road

I think something like W-BB have would be good.

PS. Didn't realise how old this thread was =/

CB Channel 25 - Pirate
RustySkull is offline   Reply With Quote