Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 20th June 2010, 20:47   #941
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

ads yes it would be possible you would have to wire in 4 switches into the oe speaker wires at the back of the hu so you can effectively cut it out of the circuit so it didnt mess with the impedances at the amp.

wire a switch into the remote wire and remove the fuse from the live. then you can remove it easy and still have some sound. im sure steve will help if he is busy im usually knocking about.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 21:02   #942
dav0506
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Saxo VTR 2001 (Two tone silver)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dav0506 is on a distinguished road

Epic car man, almost as epic as your post count! Two-tones are by far the best!
I was just wondering if your two-tone is a factory standard S? I thought they only made VTR's two-tone as standard.

Forgive me for noobish question your lordship.
dav0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 02:35   #943
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
ads yes it would be possible you would have to wire in 4 switches into the oe speaker wires at the back of the hu so you can effectively cut it out of the circuit so it didnt mess with the impedances at the amp.

wire a switch into the remote wire and remove the fuse from the live. then you can remove it easy and still have some sound. im sure steve will help if he is busy im usually knocking about.
Sounds tricky mate! I still haven't got round to plumbing in the amp... and I'm still a bit unsure if I will. Which is a shame as it's a quality amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav0506 View Post
Epic car man, almost as epic as your post count! Two-tones are by far the best!
I was just wondering if your two-tone is a factory standard S? I thought they only made VTR's two-tone as standard.

Forgive me for noobish question your lordship.
forgiven

Two tones rock! Yep the two tone S's were factory standard too. You don't see many on the roads, I've certainly not seen one (except for meets), although I've seen two Two tone R's now - one just last week. Driver gave me a knowing smile which was cool.

RIGHT.

The car is in pieces at the moment at sayer towers, I've decided to wrap the manifold since I'm now on my 5th, yes5th alternator. I figure the manifold is cooking the alternator, so I'm hoping the wrap will be sufficient at preventing another charred alt - has anyone with a raceland manifold had similar problems?

I've pulled off the injectors since they are 8 years old and have 104 k miles on them, and sent them off to be serviced and ultrasoniced by Injectortune. Really looking forward to the report on these once they come back.

I've cleaned out the M8 manifold stud holes with a tap as they looked a bit knackered.

The Sunroof was jammed but I've fixed that.

The oil leak I had around the sump which I thought I'd fixed has only been reduced (to 1 litre of oil over 5 k miles compared to 1 litre per 1 k miles before). So it seems I hadn't quite corrected it, which means I'll probably remove and then reseal the sump again tomorrow... ergh. But whilst the intake and fuel rail is off I'm going to check behind the engine in a bit more detail to confirm nothing is dribbling from the Headgasket.

I bought some replacement wing mirrors yonks ago as mine were scuffed so I'll probably put them on.

And tomorrow I may take some new headlight trims off to KM Design to be sprayed up, as I fancy plopping on the standard headlights.

Then I'm taking the car off the road for a year because I don't need it, but don't want to sell it. lolz

And I think that's it. I'll stick photos up once I'm done
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 00:29   #944
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Ok some pics from today and yesterday...

Retapping my manifold holes...

The dirty injectors that have been sent to Injectortune.

Today I decided to go huntin' fo' oil! (leaks). Removed the intake runners, noticed they were full of dirt so gave them a right blasting. No leaks from the rear of the engine - I was expecting the head gasket. So that leaves just the cambelt-side - which I really really don't want to do at this point in time. Just to be sure I removed the sump again and gave it a resealing...
sump off

scraping off the old gasket... ergh.

Whilst the airfilter was lying around I decided to lob off the carbon fibre to see how dirty it was inside and well... it needed a clean.

So I've cleaned it

And I've decided that this injector loom...

is past it's best so I've ordered a new one - should be here Thursday.

Tomorrows tasks are:
Remove interior and shampoo it
Relocate the internal aerial to the rear window - that's going to be the mother of all ball aches
Replace handbrake switch as my current one is toasted
Refit injectors (if they're back), pop manifold and alternator back on.

Last edited by Barry123; 18th August 2010 at 00:32.
Old 18th August 2010, 01:28   #945
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

shouldnt be a bitch to re-route aerial, take it you mean one that went to original aerial point?

ive got another altenator if you fancy it?!
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 02:18   #946
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
shouldnt be a bitch to re-route aerial, take it you mean one that went to original aerial point?

ive got another altenator if you fancy it?!
Yeah I bought this after I had the car deaerialed.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165626#dtab

And just wedged it in the sun roof panel, but the reception is next to useless so I'm going to pop it on the top of the rear window next to the brake light. Wire it through the brake light cable, through to the tailgate-chassis rubber and then somehow get it from the roof and route it under the carpet (really don't want to piss about with the headlining and route it up and over)

What alternator is it? And how much do you want for it?
Old 18th August 2010, 15:36   #947
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Booked your ticket for Trax yet mate?
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 16:55   #948
saxomad197
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): saxomk2 vts 2001 blue. owned corsa,fiesta,pug 106,
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxomad197 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
That's the plan mate... it's back in my hometown awaiting an inspection (and repairs if any )

another vote for the standards...

I wasn't expecting much of a response to be honest man!

anyway pics as requested (see below)

That's the next thing to worry about... I have 8 VTS rims now, so I'm going to select the best four, shot and powder coated and boshed on to the car. Not sure on colour yet though

Thanks man Yates mentioned the same thing tonight actually... I tried a photoshop and it looked a bit . So I'm honestly not sure but the morettes are growing on me daily

and another vote for the morettes lol

Cheers gang.

Anyway just got it back to my little inbred hometown to discover yorkshire is covered in some cold, white shit. Popped to the local skally hang on to take some pics under the street lighting and then 2 mins later whoever controls the lights decided to kill them. BBBBAAAASTARD.

Just put my trusty MD headunit back in

And forced mothersayer to floor the loud pedal on the car... she screamed haha

ads
prob see you taking the pics so thought they cut the light for a laugh

progress thread
saxomad197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 17:03   #949
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

just altenator on this engine, dont know what kind of condition its in though, can get it tested though

can you not run that wire under the carpet, under rear seat, up behind rear door card up to c pillar, saves doing headlining...
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 17:34   #950
Simonp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 207 HDi GT
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Simon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team member

I used that same aerial on my old car, its was shite

Don't think it will make any diffence where you put it, still won't work
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 18:27   #951
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Booked your ticket for Trax yet mate?
Not yet, although I think I will! Might as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxomad197 View Post
prob see you taking the pics so thought they cut the light for a laugh
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
just altenator on this engine, dont know what kind of condition its in though, can get it tested though

can you not run that wire under the carpet, under rear seat, up behind rear door card up to c pillar, saves doing headlining...
Yep, I'm doing that currently. Still a faff mind.

If the alt. works I'm interested my sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I used that same aerial on my old car, its was shite

Don't think it will make any diffence where you put it, still won't work
bollocks. Where did you put it out of interest?
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:59   #952
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Right...

rerouted the aerial...

One of the dipped headlight adjusters on the morettes wasn't working so had to tackle that.

Anyway, I'm still desperate for a taller fifth gear so nabbed a damaged spare box to practice on. Here's the fifth gearset with the syncro on top.

So I've given up trying to find a second hand 5th gear set, so I'm going to take a risk for the sake of other saxp'ers who might want to do this, and buy a brand new gear set from Peugeot

and that's about it. so far!

Other things, my nearside wing mirror was scuffed so popped on a new one, I've started undersealing little patches that needed a bit of attention.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:23   #953
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

you fitted them injectors yet??
did you get any graph showing there flow rate?(before & after)???
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:56   #954
Anthony
Established Member

Car(s): Mk 1 Red VTR
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Anthony is on a distinguished road

First time posting in this epic progress thread! Car looks rather sexual and its good to know such a awesome VTS has 100k odd on the clock makes me feel better as mine is nearly clocking 95k!
Matt Black VTS Progress Thread sold
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:05   #955
Davo106
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Megane R26
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Davo106 is on a distinguished road

What gearset did you get in the end dude?
Old 24th August 2010, 19:44   #956
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

The Car is alive again.

So these were how the injectors looked when I sent them off to Injectortune...

and this is how they looked when they came back today:

Here's the before and after results...

So they were running at about 93% of peak (which isn't bad for 105k mile injectors I guess?!), but now they're all flowing perfectly it seems.

So I popped them in and refitted the intake and filter. First thing I noticed is... Christ! the engine idles so so so smoothly, it's quieter and less juddery. It's a touch more responsive although it's not obvious. I haven't gone on a good run yet but I'm hoping for some good mpg improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
you fitted them injectors yet??
did you get any graph showing there flow rate?(before & after)???
See above dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant809099 View Post
First time posting in this epic progress thread! Car looks rather sexual and its good to know such a awesome VTS has 100k odd on the clock makes me feel better as mine is nearly clocking 95k!
I need to get it rolling roaded mate but it feels great at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo106 View Post
What gearset did you get in the end dude?
I'm running a 1.4 xsi box man which has a 0.85 5th gear. But I've ordered a 0.767 to beef it up a bit and make motorway journeys a bit more bearable and more economical - but it's a shot in the dark as I'm going on information from knowledgeable people on gearboxes (Mankee and Raunchz) but I didn't fully take in what they were saying, although they explained it me a few times

Something to do with the length on the input shaft spline that the 5th gear sits on

This is the 5th gear pinion (0.85) on the output shaft.

I'm taking that and the input pinion to Peugeot tomorrow to see if the thickness of the cogs, the number of splines and the shape of the splines are correct and if they are, then it should just pop on hopefully!?

Ads
Old 24th August 2010, 19:47   #957
Ashl3y
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR, Corsa SXI
Ashl3y is on a distinguished road

Love Mk2 morettes win win win
Ashl3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 19:49   #958
timmythechef
Saxperience Forum Bum
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 2008 Audi A3 2.0TDI
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
timmythechef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashl3y View Post
i disagree, this one looks good with them, and james', but that is all IMO.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:57   #959
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

oops, forgot the obligatory saxo shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashl3y View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmythechef View Post
i disagree, this one looks good with them, and james', but that is all IMO.
Cheers lads! I'm really not a fan of them if I'm honest but haven't got the will to change them over, even though I paid to have them resprayed(?!). I've got some new headlight trims but they need to be sprayed up and I just can't be arsed to get them done - I will though!!!!
Old 24th August 2010, 20:21   #960
VenoMNL
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS 1.6i 16v Turbo Renault Express 1
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
VenoMNL is on a distinguished road

About the gear box what do you rly want to know? i didnt got that..

How many teeths does the the pion you want to put have? anything pm
VenoMNL is offline   Reply With Quote