Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 9th October 2007, 21:10   #21
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

net gear router's are pretty good for xbox live

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 11:50   #22
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Ok, my computer/router and all that stuff is at the front of the house by the computer. Downstairs.

My bedroom is at the back of the house, opposite side. We are all wireless in the house, sister uses her lappy in her room. Mum uses hers in the lounge etc. I've heard the wireless connection on the xbox is wank and drops out all the time.

If this isn't true ill go buy the wireless reciever thing. If it is i'm gonna have to run a cable about 40 metres or something stupid.
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 11:58   #23
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Cable = more reliable.

Plus I think the Xbox card is a 54mbps card,
where as a cable is 100mbps.

....You might not have problems with the card however 40m is quite a distance...
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 12:10   #24
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

that means nothing to me craig mate
Maybe the amount of cable might be an exaggeration. It's 37 steps from the router to the xbox.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:18   #25
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
that means nothing to me craig mate
Maybe the amount of cable might be an exaggeration. It's 37 steps from the router to the xbox.
bout 20 metre. i have a 10metre cable which is fine aslong as your mum doesnt mind having a cable run through her house?
Old 10th October 2007, 12:20   #26
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Fair, mum won't mind. If she does i'll just beat her.

I'll have to run it around the whole house though. Up stairs etc. Hectic.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:24   #27
Peejous
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Can you not wack it under the floor boards?

Bit OTT but she'll never know.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:25   #28
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Fair, mum won't mind. If she does i'll just beat her.

I'll have to run it around the whole house though. Up stairs etc. Hectic.
ive hidden mine, some is under carpet and the rest goes along a door frame and across the skirting board.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:26   #29
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
ive hidden mine, some is under carpet and the rest goes along a door frame and across the skirting board.
Could do, would mean lifting up a carpet that has been all tacked in etc. Bit much tbh. Was thinking, if i got a router. Put it in the rents room by the phone line. Then connected it to my xbox. Would it work?
Old 10th October 2007, 12:27   #30
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

Mine runs down outside of my house.....I rule. As I have sky plus in my room the holes were already drilled so fed it through holes and clipped it. Piece of piss
Old 10th October 2007, 12:27   #31
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Could do, would mean lifting up a carpet that has been all tacked in etc. Bit much tbh. Was thinking, if i got a router. Put it in the rents room by the phone line. Then connected it to my xbox. Would it work?
ermmmm not too sure. so you mean have a seperate second router like upstairs?
Old 10th October 2007, 12:29   #32
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

why not move your existing router upstairs...
Old 10th October 2007, 12:33   #33
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
why not move your existing router upstairs...
I think this one is connected to the pc im on at the moment. I'll try and do a diagram. On paint. Cause i can.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:38   #34
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Thought it was a wireless router...

...sure your not talking about a modem?
Old 10th October 2007, 12:39   #35
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Right....

This is the situation.
The un-broken lines are cables. The broken ones are wireless. If i move the router upstairs i would still have to run a cable back down here to the pc and another to the xboxeth.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:41   #36
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

you could always get a wireless card for the computer. if you want to give the xbox priority. move it upstairs then run the computer wirelessly and hard wire the xbox.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:42   #37
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

I always thought your sisters bedroom was the otherside of your parents room
Old 10th October 2007, 12:44   #38
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
I always thought your sisters bedroom was the otherside of your parents room
thats his nans room. you sick bastard.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:45   #39
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

thats my nans room adam, you been shagging her???? (note. My nan doesn't live with me, she's not about.)

Don't think my dad would be happy about me prioritising an xbox over the comp.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:45   #40
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

buy a wireless card for the PC,

buy a wireless card for the Xbox,

Move router upstairs.

Job done.