Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 2nd April 2017, 04:12   #21
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

There only going for about 1k at the moment,but they wil go back up.
bit like the 205s,they were buttons to buy!!
but now silly high prices..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 16:52   #22
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxokid100 View Post
There only going for about 1k at the moment,but they wil go back up.
bit like the 205s,they were buttons to buy!!
but now silly high prices..
People said it would never happen too. I think the saxo VTS is just starting to come out of the price "hole" at the moment, bit like the metro gtis did. Speaking of which theres a minter on ebay at the moment for five grand - its been 20 years since they were that much to buy and were nearly a new car lol!
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 18:07   #23
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Theres a one owner Mercury Grey VT? for sale five mins from my house. 58k, one owner, looks awesome. But theyre asking £2500
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 10:23   #24
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
Off topic, but, have you still got this? and if so what Mk is it? I’ve been on the lookout for a decent Rallye for the last two years.
Only noticing this now.

I do indeed still have it, it's not going anywhere though. It's a clean series 1, everything original apart from a Pugsport exhaust.
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 13:55   #25
TooSaxoForMyShirt

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS
TooSaxoForMyShirt is on a distinguished road

@DaCrazyOne Id be interested in buying your car should you consider selling it in the near future.
TooSaxoForMyShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 22:53   #26
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djx11b View Post
Give me a shout If you still have it around October/November this year would buy it from you as need run about when current cars away. Be a twin for my black turbo build.

Happy to take as is with parts on it.
Sent pm so check ya inbox. No doubt will have unless someone comes along and offers me a stupid high offer I cant refuse lol.

My plans where to eventually turbo myself but 1 insurance killer in area am in. And was gradually doing parts on it to be turbo ready. But now getting is200 sport n bigger car I want back in the rear wheel drive motion and drifting again with track days and events. If I do come to selling this will be a shame as lot of time effort put into it restoring and getting road worthy, but their sure as hell fun to drive about.

little more work has been done with drop links replaced and also added stainless steel mainafold pipe work and new air filter. Still have the orignal ones and I also found a bunch of side panels and side skirts to as well

Last edited by DaCrazyOne; 8th April 2017 at 22:56.
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 05:06   #27
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

The Mk1's have started to rise but there's still a decent bit of choice with the Mk2's.

Should still expect to get at least £1k for the Mk2 unless it's in very poor or incredibly rusty condition. Original guise is the way forward too as a few others have stated
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 22:32   #28
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Well mine is as is and sadly more look into it more looks like gonna sell with new regulations in place need fucking insurance to have car on road even tho not driving is bullshit from new enforcement rolled out in 2011. So unless I can get cheap garage storage to sorn in the next month or so then its bye bye to the saxo.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:17   #29
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCrazyOne View Post
Well mine is as is and sadly more look into it more looks like gonna sell with new regulations in place need fucking insurance to have car on road even tho not driving is bullshit from new enforcement rolled out in 2011. So unless I can get cheap garage storage to sorn in the next month or so then its bye bye to the saxo.
I know it’s a bit redneck, but do you have a garden or somewhere you can stick it temporarily? Or a friends garage/drive?

On the same subject as the thread, there’s a nice, standard, clean looking Mk2 VTS with a little under 90k on the clock, up for £2,995k on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Citro...sAAOSwuLZY53Gi
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 17:00   #30
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

I did have dads garage but has been leased to someone elasekd a number of friends and no place to store yet but still looking
Old 5th May 2017, 23:58   #31
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Looks like no longer selling saxo and lucky I didn't part n only sornd off road as my Lexus is now what looks to be a wright off
Old 6th May 2017, 23:30   #32
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

I don't think you'd have had much luck trying to drift an is200 anyway! They're slow as fuck.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 10:53   #33
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
I don't think you'd have had much luck trying to drift an is200 anyway! They're slow as fuck.
lmfao wasn't drifting in it was parked up and truck smashed into me while parked up
Old 19th June 2017, 01:12   #34
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Looks like price is on the rise for VTS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-CITRO...YAAOSwXetZPwPA

£1,220.00 27 bids

Wonder what I'll fetch for mine when I list it for sale. MOT failed but it's about to pass as had almost all the work done to it now. Will be a shame to see her go as had a fair amount of work done to it over the last 4 years of my ownership. Maybe I will keep but it's a tough decision to make as can't afford to keep 2 on road and finding hard to find garage to store in.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:30   #35
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I’ve been watching the prices of VTSs and 106 GTis for a while. There was a standard 2002 Poseidon blue VTS with 87k on the clock for sale on eBay for £1,995, which looks to be sold. I think the price of a decent VTS ranges from £800 to £2k+ depending on whether you’re looking on FB groups or eBay/Autotrader. I definitely believe the price for a clean VTS is slowly on the rise.
Old 19th June 2017, 20:58   #36
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
I’ve been watching the prices of VTSs and 106 GTis for a while. There was a standard 2002 Poseidon blue VTS with 87k on the clock for sale on eBay for £1,995, which looks to be sold. I think the price of a decent VTS ranges from £800 to £2k+ depending on whether you’re looking on FB groups or eBay/Autotrader. I definitely believe the price for a clean VTS is slowly on the rise.
Same here and mine overall is clean dint free 1 previous owner to me so total 2 owners and just on 91k miles.,

Has had a full remapping done, straight through scorpion decat system on it. Fully rebuilt gearbox bearings and seals changed.

Nice rare Blue carpet. Wanted to go red but rare to find like blue ones in mint condition so went with blue.

Stage 2 clutch and bearing kit, uprated gear linkage and also stainless steel adjustable quick-shift.

I also got a set of powerflex axle bushes ready to be installed to axle but with new project am not installing em as don't have time to do.

If I clear 1k id be happy with that but still on look out for storage and maybe keep stored till that day comes where price are like the 106GTI
Old 21st June 2017, 12:16   #37
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCrazyOne View Post
Same here and mine overall is clean dint free 1 previous owner to me so total 2 owners and just on 91k miles.,

Has had a full remapping done, straight through scorpion decat system on it. Fully rebuilt gearbox bearings and seals changed.

Nice rare Blue carpet. Wanted to go red but rare to find like blue ones in mint condition so went with blue.

Stage 2 clutch and bearing kit, uprated gear linkage and also stainless steel adjustable quick-shift.

I also got a set of powerflex axle bushes ready to be installed to axle but with new project am not installing em as don't have time to do.

If I clear 1k id be happy with that but still on look out for storage and maybe keep stored till that day comes where price are like the 106GTI
I don’t think the Saxo VTS will ever match the prices of a 106 GTi, like for like. But I definitely believe that the price will rise above £1k if you hold on to it.

It’s a shame to admit but I think you’d be better off breaking the car. As with a lot of VTRs/VTSs they are worth more in parts. The mods you’ve described would total more than £1,000 if sold individually and you’d probably still get £50-£60 for the shell when you’re done.

I know there’s issue with storage and having the time to do these things, it depends whether the money (or potentially money) outweighs them.
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:37   #38
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Now listed it in sale section for saxos on here. Gonna be shame to see go but need to get rid of as cant afford to run 2 and continue to kept stored as am sure someone else can use for a daily runner or track it. Would love to keep but wil lcost me too mcuh to run 2 aornud and even storing it is being problem for me as limmited to where can store and right now where its stored are wanting to know when is it going to be revoed so guessing times of the essence and only matter time before needing to relocate.