Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 1st September 2016, 16:21   #201
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Not that I need to go into it but I'm pretty transparent and an open person...

Yes I spent the best part of two years doing the house up really nicely and that combined with Southend house prices rising higher than anywhere else in the country meant I made a decent profit.

Housing is definately the thing to put your money into if you have the cash! Only wish I could do it again but I just don't have the time or will to be honest!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 16:51   #202
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

I'm still struggling to comprehend what went on in your head which made you think spending £18k on a Polo was a good idea.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 16:58   #203
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Well I wanted something brand new that was reasonably quick, comfortable, practical and didn't require a lot of expensive maintenance, parts etc.

Polo gti fit the bill quite nicely and I certainly don't regret it one bit!

I'm certainly going to be getting more money for it on the second hand market than a Renault or Ford if I decide to go that way at the end of the three years warranty period
Old 1st September 2016, 22:19   #204
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

I just think you could have got something so much more interesting for less money. Yeah maybe not brand new or as cheap to run, but with far less depreciation. 3 years down the line you're only going to get back just over half of what you paid for it.

I'm just struggling to see the logic here.
Old 1st September 2016, 22:58   #205
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

It's pretty rare so far which will help it's value as will being a VW but then I will probably keep the car for ten years or more most likely so if that's the case then it's a bit of a bargain. I've never had a brand new car of my own either and I thought "why the hell not"

Sure there are more interesting cars out there but then it's a bit like dating a high maintenance model....eventually you are going to get tired of the bullshit and settle for something a bit easier to live with!

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 1st September 2016 at 23:05.
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:47   #206
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
I'm still struggling to comprehend what went on in your head which made you think spending £18k on a Polo was a good idea.
18k on a Polo? Jeeeesus Christ you're going to feel that when the new model comes out.

If you were going to spend alot of the time on track, then surely a Clio Cup Trophy nutters edition would have been alot better at the job? No turbo to blow up, either...

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:03   #207
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Take it all with a pinch of salt guys.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:19   #208
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff_106 View Post
18k on a Polo? Jeeeesus Christ you're going to feel that when the new model comes out.

If you were going to spend alot of the time on track, then surely a Clio Cup Trophy nutters edition would have been alot better at the job? No turbo to blow up, either...
Except the Clio does have a turbo (and also a 1.6 not 1.8 engine)

I use my car on the road so why have a track car if it's going to spend it's time on the road mainly?

The irony is that I started out looking at the Golf Gti mk7 (latest one) but thought I'd save myself around 8 grand seeing as I didn't need that tiny bit more space and 20 odd bhp and torque but more weight. I thought I WAS actually being sensible but hey its my choice and I'm happy enough even if others aren't.

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 2nd September 2016 at 23:23.
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:36   #209
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post

I'm certainly going to be getting more money for it on the second hand market than a Renault or Ford if I decide to go that way at the end of the three years warranty period
Not when its a known track car you wont

1 lady owner from new....
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:12   #210
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I'd rather buy a well maintained track car with 100k on it than a "one lady owner from new" to be honest!

It's shocking how many I meet that have never opened their bonnet or even know how toA
Old 4th September 2016, 18:55   #211
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Except the Clio does have a turbo (and also a 1.6 not 1.8 engine)

I use my car on the road so why have a track car if it's going to spend it's time on the road mainly?

The irony is that I started out looking at the Golf Gti mk7 (latest one) but thought I'd save myself around 8 grand seeing as I didn't need that tiny bit more space and 20 odd bhp and torque but more weight. I thought I WAS actually being sensible but hey its my choice and I'm happy enough even if others aren't.
I meant the older shape - not that lard arse excuse of a hot hatch. 2.0 one

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 19:02   #212
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I had a 172 before this and trust me the Polo is just a much better car. Do I regret selling the 172? Sure....it would have made a decent track toy but as it was with a few mods it still wasn't as good as the Polo and I couldn't be assed with the hassle of modifying it further, I've also nowhere to store it at present.
Old 5th September 2016, 11:49   #213
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like someone hopelessly trying to justify why they spent 18k on a polo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 12:37   #214
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Again...I would rather spend 18k on a Polo with some options (and free insurance and gap insurance) than 26k on a Golf Gti. Simple.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:49   #215
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

I'd rather spend 18k on an already classic car,then put in storage & watch the value go up.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 13:19   #216
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Again...I would rather spend 18k on a Polo with some options (and free insurance and gap insurance) than 26k on a Golf Gti. Simple.
Why VW though? There wasn't just a choice between a Polo and a Golf.

All I'm saying is I'm confused as to why bought a car to drive spiritedly and on track and you ended up with a Polo. I don't mind VW's but they're a bit dull, and even the sporty ones aren't that sporty.

You could have got a nice E46 M3 for less money, which would have been a nice change/step up from your previous hot hatches.
Old 5th September 2016, 13:47   #217
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I could have. But it would have been used and abused, cost me a bomb in general expenses and wouldn't have had a three year warranty. Repairs would be bloody expensive too! You could also say that about any car! Why did you buy a new mx5 when you could have got an s2000? Etc etc etc

At the end of the day I narrowed down what I wanted to a small new hot hatch which left me with

Clio
208 gti
fiesta ST
Abarth 595
Ibiza Cupra
Corsa VXR
Cooper S

I basically picked the best all rounder out of the bunch in my opinion. I certainly don't regret the choice. If I end up wanting something else, then in 2 and a bit years I will possibly trade it in for whatever is out then. I quite fancy the Golf Clubsport at the moment but we shall see what happens.

After years of owning second hand warm and hot hatches another reason I got the Polo Gti was because I COULD! At 32 years of age it's actually quite nice to finally be able to have something nice and new with a half decent badge and build quality. Could I have had something better? Course I could. But then I could eat caviar right now but instead am eating a dolmio pasta pot!
Old 5th September 2016, 14:01   #218
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
I'd rather buy a well maintained track car with 100k on it than a "one lady owner from new" to be honest!
Quote:
I could have. But it would have been used and abused, cost me a bomb in general expenses and wouldn't have had a three year warranty.
But it would have been cheaper to buy than the Polo and no doubt held it's price far better.

Well, your choice at the end of the day I suppose!
Old 5th September 2016, 14:08   #219
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road

I don't know why everyone is banging on about a polo gti costing £18k..

I spent just under that on a 1.2 fabia!

It's the cost of new cars, you don't get something for nothing, especially so if you want to own a VAG car

jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 14:23   #220
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchiz View Post
I don't know why everyone is banging on about a polo gti costing £18k..

I spent just under that on a 1.2 fabia!

It's the cost of new cars, you don't get something for nothing, especially so if you want to own a VAG car
You and hardcoreblowjob should meet up, maybe get some food together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jizanthapus For This Useful Post: