Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 26th July 2018, 09:35   #1
karl_mh
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTI - 106 GTI shell - New 106 Rallye shell
karl_mh is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo vts to 106 Gti conversion

Not sure if this is even possible.....the other evening whilst having a couple of beers with freinds we entered a heated debate about converting a saxo vts shell to a 106 Gti shell and vice versa.

As far as I am aware once stripped down to a bare shell the Peugeot wings, bonnet slam panel etc would fit the saxo - the same would apply from saxo to Peugeot.

I have a brand new 106 non sunroof Gti shell that has the Peugeot/Citroen logos stamped into the steelwork throuought the car and in my opinion looks identical to VTS shell so based on the above I assumed the panels etc are interchangeable.

Anyone know if this is even possible?
karl_mh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 15:35   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Yep possible.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 17:27   #3
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_mh View Post
Not sure if this is even possible.....the other evening whilst having a couple of beers with freinds we entered a heated debate about converting a saxo vts shell to a 106 Gti shell and vice versa.

As far as I am aware once stripped down to a bare shell the Peugeot wings, bonnet slam panel etc would fit the saxo - the same would apply from saxo to Peugeot.

I have a brand new 106 non sunroof Gti shell that has the Peugeot/Citroen logos stamped into the steelwork throuought the car and in my opinion looks identical to VTS shell so based on the above I assumed the panels etc are interchangeable.

Anyone know if this is even possible?
It's not a straight swap, but it is possible, as the front ends are different where the slam panel bolts on.

A saxo front end needs the extra metal bits cut off to fit the 106 slam panel. once that's fitted you can then fit the bumper and wings etc.

You might need to drill a few extra holes etc for rear lights and the odd small bit of trim. Later GTi's don't have holes in the rear quarters so you can't fit a VTS/R kit without some modification.

106 rear windows - from memory - are a different shape so you couldn't swap them as the hole where they sit is part of the outer rear quarter panel.

Doors aren't an issue, they fit the same so could be swapped directly.

Not sure what else, I can't remember.
Old 27th July 2018, 08:35   #4
karl_mh
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTI - 106 GTI shell - New 106 Rallye shell
karl_mh is on a distinguished road

Thanks gents, I'll look into this a little further.
karl_mh is offline   Reply With Quote