Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th October 2009, 20:57   #1
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about
Default Hadouken - M.A.D, white boys 'trying to be black', crap black music and probably some other 'related' stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxmZhvkHa8

*site seriously needs embedding enabled Simo
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 20:59   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

hadouken are awesome, i dont need to say more
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 21:01   #3
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

I saw you posted and expected you to say, shit or something like that.

Im not prejudgmental.

Missed the chance to see them the other week in Norwich as I didnt know about it.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:04   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

lyrics I cant stand, part of the actual background has some good components to it.

*awaits further prejudgmental post*
Old 10th October 2009, 21:11   #5
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
lyrics I cant stand
why would that be? what did you think of MfaAC?

Quote:
*awaits further prejudgmental post*
lawl
Old 10th October 2009, 21:14   #6
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris261287 View Post
why would that be?
l
Im just not a fan of screaching and chatting shit. Even in the elctro world i just dont like the 'grime' type vocals.

Im quite particular about vocals though as they can really make or break a track.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:34   #7
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Not a fan. No MC over that electroy sorta tune. Reminds me of devvo or any other pilled up white boy.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:37   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Another example of what could be seen as dodgy mcing.

Last time hannah was at an event I was shooting, her 'mc' was chatting about abortions and how much of a slut you were etc...

the room emptied and people were not happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLn8hmB4eV4
Old 10th October 2009, 22:36   #9
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
Not a fan. No MC over that electroy sorta tune. Reminds me of devvo or any other pilled up white boy.
it's how its meant to sound

the whole indie / electro / grime mix

not your typical black kid with lyrics about his knife
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 10th October 2009, 22:41   #10
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
it's how its meant to sound

the whole indie / electro / grime mix

not your typical black kid with lyrics about his knife
exactly. plus they dont use 'hot' girls in the videos who dont know what day of the week it is.

the black culture seem to go on and on and on about knives, guns, money and sex. it gets boring after after 5 mins.

is Channel U still in existance?
Old 10th October 2009, 22:44   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris261287 View Post
exactly. plus they dont use 'hot' girls in the videos who dont know what day of the week it is.

the black culture seem to go on and on and on about knives, guns, money and sex. it gets boring after after 5 mins.

is Channel U still in existance?
I think thats why so many people laugh at a larger percentage of the music of black origins.

historically black music has alot of passion and to coin a word 'soul' behind it.

All the new stuff, is just about 'flexing' and chatting crap, which is why there are so many people who mock the hell out of rappers now.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:49   #12
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

The old stuff, as in NWA era was so much better. Yes that was the same, guns, police etc but that WAS their lives where blacks were bottom and always would be.

Nowadays its all the police are cunts (sounds familiar!) and how hard their lives are. IMO, its easier now for them to actually do something worthwhile, career wise and stop hanging out. Chavs are the same but they are just copying trying to be cool.

And when the get there, i wish they'd stop bleating on and on. Kanye, fuck off.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:52   #13
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
I think thats why so many people laugh at a larger percentage of the music of black origins.

historically black music has alot of passion and to coin a word 'soul' behind it.

All the new stuff, is just about 'flexing' and chatting crap, which is why there are so many people who mock the hell out of rappers now.
agreed,

to anyone that thought it btw. i wasnt making a racist remark

but besideds a few good underground hip hop / dnb / dubsptep producers most black music is unbleivably crap

1xtra is an example of this... the whole "funky" sound, is a joke in terms of the respect good black music deservs

la roux got a lot of stick for putting current black music down, which sparked outrage from the un-intelligent. most didnt read the full statement she made which was comparing the current era to real soulful artists - stevie wonder, aretha franklin, nina simone, james brown etc etc
Quote:
Old 10th October 2009, 22:57   #14
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

New title is needed IMO
Old 10th October 2009, 22:58   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ashley, Im not worried if someone wants to cry and call me racist for saying that in my opinion the current black music scene is just utter crap.

The origins of black music I have alot of respect for, the way in which music and song was used as a way to escape and explain the hardship of life.

it wasnt about fashion which is what the modern 'interpretation' of this is.

Take the term 'N**GER' and the way in which it is used so frequently in music, its ironic but its allowance in wide spread media is what gives people the idea that it is ok to use the word to someones face in society today and not understand how it could be seen as offensive.

My old coach is a massive music fan, and had some great duscussions about this last year lol
Old 10th October 2009, 23:00   #16
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

it is also not a surprise why alot of people think that the black community is such a violent and theiving community, considering the ammount of rappers openly 'writing' about how cool it was to rob an old lady for some coke.
Old 10th October 2009, 23:04   #17
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
it is also not a surprise why alot of people think that the black community is such a violent and theiving community, considering the ammount of rappers openly 'writing' about how cool it was to rob an old lady for some coke.
lol, i do love irony

completely agree with all your points...

i had a discussion with a woman at work, she couldnt grasp that id grown up surrounded by garage and grime culture and knew a lot about it

she didnt understand when i explained the reasons for which the grime culture is the cause of knife crime in england.
Quote:
Old 10th October 2009, 23:07   #18
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

iTunes Top 10 has 6 black songs in it and they all suck badly. I'll happily admit that JLS have the best song but thats down at 25...
Old 10th October 2009, 23:07   #19
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

training at an athletics center as one of the token white boys, music discussions often happened when they moaned that i put trance on the pa system lol!

Most really didnt seem to understand that current culture is culture, its a reflection and catalist for behaviour in society today
Old 10th October 2009, 23:18   #20
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
training at an athletics center as one of the token white boys, music discussions often happened when they moaned that i put trance on the pa system lol!

Most really didnt seem to understand that current culture is culture, its a reflection and catalist for behaviour in society today
lol, i can imagine

narrow-mindedness is one thing i really hate within music

i'll be the 1st to admit, theres only a couple of genre's i listen to.. but im always happy to listen to anything, if i dont like it, i dont like it, but at least i can say ive attempted to listen to it

i also have a lot of respect for most music, regardless of weather i like it or not, i prefer to accept it for the musical genius within - something which most radio music simply doesnt have

this annoys me. all the un-intelligent "music fans" that heard a track from 1xtra instantly claim to lknow all about that genre

it's another reason i like house / dnb etc. although they have sterotypes of listeners, you dont have to come from any particular scene to enjoy the music, it's what makes it so diverse (although annoying uni kids "lets rave duuuddeee" do my head in)
Quote: