Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th October 2009, 20:36   #1
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road
Default Advanced Browser/Firefox

I used to use advanced browser, its my favourite programs for searching the internet, but now everytime i open it, it comes up the "Advanced Browser has encountered a problem and needs to close* box, so i cant search the internet that way. I've downloaded firefox, everytime i try open that it comes up a box with a red cross in sayin:
firefox.exe Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Does anybody know why advanced browser comes up the encountered a problem box or why firefox says this? Firefox still opens when i click ok in the box, but somethings not right if it comes up this message? I've had major computer problems lately, so i repaired windows XP and i'm just on the verge of re-installing the service packs, drivers etc. But got no clue about these messages. Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 21:19   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Did you reinstall XP or did you just repair? I guess it was a repair from what you said and this does often give you problems. If so just reinstall windows.

Is it a legal copy of XP? If no some of the windows updates do mess things up on some cracks.

Does the net work at all on the computer? If not this can throw up all sorts of errors with browsers.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 02:40   #3
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road

ye it was just a repair. It turned out none of my usb ports were working, so i just formatted the disc an reinstall windows. But now another problem. Before i formatted, i transferre my files that i wanted to keep to my other hard drive (new received and installed today. When i went to open the new hard drive for the first time, it said it needed formatting. I did a quick format on it. Then it let me access the hard drive. I transferred all my music files, programs, poker games, pictures etc etc onto this drive before formatting, so then after windows reinstalled, i could still have them. After formatting and reinstalling windows, i tries to open the new hard drive E: with my files on, comes up this volume has not yet been formatted. Format now? NOOOO! So i couldn't access the hard drive at all, to gain access to my files. I asked my wiz computer friend, he told me to get part recovery, and try handy recovery, we been trying for about 4 hours, to try get my files back off this drive, but no luck at all. I have had enough and decided to format it as requested. But i searched online, and aparantly even after a full format you can still recover files from the drive? Anyone know if this is true and what program i can use? Without paying? I think it maybe a faulty drive anyway? I ordered a 320GB drive and i received a 128gb hard drive. I thought when i first installed it, it said 320gb, then my friend pointed out, its only 128gb. So after formatting, if its still 128gb (as it culd be faulty that way) i am going to email the seller, as i ordered and paid for a 320gb drive. Sorry for the essay
Old 18th October 2009, 11:34   #4
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about

that sucks man... losing all your files!!! think id smash my tower up then go cry in a corner if that happened to me! there is a chance of getting your files back but i doubt you'll be able to do it with a free third party piece of software. also if your new HD is displaying itself as having 128gb its NOT a 320gb HD so get that sorted.

you said that your transferred all your files 'before' you formatted... so im hoping you mean formatted your c:\ drive??? ive never reinstalled windows on my machine but i wouldnt have thought reinstalling windows would wipe your e:\ drive. try leaving a message on http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php they've helped with a few things so might be worth a shot???
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote