Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 28th March 2012, 22:06   #1
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!
Default RMD Maximum Protection Seat

Anyone have/used these? Look good and comfy but not FIA approved.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...b199bpp1hrhua3
Old 28th March 2012, 22:08   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Anyone have/used these? Look good and comfy but not FIA approved.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...b199bpp1hrhua3
Titchster used to / still uses one of those seats, and I beleive he likes it on track.

Same design as one of the sparcos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 23:28   #3
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

I had one in mine back in the day. There will be pictures in my progress thread (wherever that is)! Really good value for the money, they are also pretty damn light too. Has a hole underneath the leg cushion for 5/6 point harness attachment too so they are ideal. They were good on long journeys as well, even driving 4 or 5 hours I only had a little bit of a numb arse haha.

Loads of people comment on how they wouldn't use them due to not being FIA tested etc which I do see where they are coming from but for track use they are perfect IMO. You can pick up some right bargains on the forums and ebay though which could be a better buy - I've recently bought a kevlar corbeau pro series for £120 and a sparco circuit for £120 (both same prices of the RMD seats). The branded seats may be out of date but at the end of the day they've been tested and certified that they are fit for 'race use'.

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 11:05   #4
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty cheap and the padding looks comfy
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 13:37   #5
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

Was after Imola's but just so expensive, Not competing so not too fussed about FIA but obviously don't want something cheap that will just fold in an accident.

The numb bum is a factor too, Driving to the ring and feeling like you've shat yourself but can't quite tell
Old 29th March 2012, 13:51   #6
tillygti6
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 ph1 rallye 106 gti 106 hybrid thing GTI~6
tillygti6 is on a distinguished road

they are a very nice seat and a bargain at 120quid inc vat. infact i always sit in that one in there little waiting room/counter bit. and its v comfy!

im always a bit wary of buying seats secondhand as its entirely possible the shells are damaged. the composite is hard to spot any cracks and most of its fully covered over.

ive been down the the place where they make the shells for corbeau and there was a massive pile of rejected shells that had small imperfections in, some where miniscule.
i wouldnt risk it unless i knew the seller. if the cars been crashed you never really know if its been twisted etc. i wouldnt worry about the steel framed ones as much though.
tillygti6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 14:10   #7
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillygti6 View Post
ive been down the the place where they make the shells for corbeau and there was a massive pile of rejected shells that had small imperfections in, some where miniscule.
Is my concern about these, Does whoever makes them have strict quality control.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:26   #8
tillygti6
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 ph1 rallye 106 gti 106 hybrid thing GTI~6
tillygti6 is on a distinguished road

to be honest rallydesign wouldnt sell them if they wernt safe. they are likely made in the same factory as the sparco ones anyhow. but not subject too the same legislation which presumably costs money.
il be going there next week so il ask the question if i remember... if not give em a phonecall. they wont bullshit you
tillygti6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 14:44   #9
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

They a good fitment on body?What size person they for?standard width?
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 17:00   #10
titchster
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Was:16v 106 XS ..... Now: Import 1.8 MX5
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
titchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the rough

I loved my old one, really comfy, and surprisingly light too. IIRC, when I bought mine, it said somewhere about that they could quite easily get it FIA approved, the only reason they didn't is because it keeps the cost down.

Was a bit too big for me, but I have that problem with any seat, my Brides are one of the only pairs that i've sat in that hold me snug, but for the average person, the RMD seat will most likely hold you just nicely. The movable kidney pads are quite nice, too.
titchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 13:28   #11
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Might have to give these a try.