Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd April 2007, 17:24   #21
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

You might find it easier to use tables, these days its more 'correct' not to use them but if you are learning & using editing software like dreamweaver, its much easier to use tables to visualise what you want to do (i think it is anyway) & the software makes it much easier to edit the dimensions of cells etc.

Once you'v got a grasp of what your doing and are comfortable looking at code, then try to use css for the structure.

If i were you id start using tables for structure & css for text styling though. Im sure there are good tutorials out there to teach you how to use styles properly if you want to jump straight in with them.

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 10:38   #22
joey_205
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 106 GTI !!
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
joey_205 has a spectacular aura aboutjoey_205 has a spectacular aura about

yea. im guna stick at it with the css. im not doing too bad so far.. cheers for the help tho
joey_205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 18:48   #23
Thirt33n
L-plater

Car(s): 1.6i Saxo VTR (White)
Thirt33n is on a distinguished road

done a degree in computing, designing websites. Dreamweaver is good if u know how to use it properly. Although i advise not to use it when learning because it does alot for you, including inputting code. So it's better coding in something else for a start. unless you HAVE to use it? your better using tables rather than layers, i find it better for maintenance. and they really are easy to do.

CSS is fast becomin more popular and alot of companies are using css as a basis for developing the front end of websites. SO u could use css instead on that basis...
Thirt33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 23:33   #24
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Look on, http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Have a browse and read some of the stuff, some of the things on there you won't need to learn for starts but learn the basics.

As the person above said, I create and develop websites as a wage for the time being, Dreamweaver is good if you know how to use it properly.
Craddock is offline   Reply With Quote