Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 13th March 2009, 22:13   #21
Agent-VIP
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Blue mk2 VTR, White MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!Agent-VIP is absolutely fabulous!

8GB iphone is free on £45 tariffs..

8GB on £35, and 16GB on both £35 and £45 you have to pay for

andy.kerr
S a x : p e r i e n c e { Click for progress thread }
Agent-VIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 22:28   #22
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS / Twingo RS133
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Matty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to behold

i quite like my LG Renoir.. I say this but im selling it next week to fund an iPhone..

However iPhone has rubbish tariffs.. boo!
Old 14th March 2009, 09:04   #23
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

has to be the iphone the missus has the pixon dont like it
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 09:24   #24
flynnsvtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS
flynnsvtr is infamous around these parts

iPhone has some awsome features.....BUT!

-No MMS
-No video recorder
-No Bluetooth (apart from connecting to a headset)
-Camera is shite

To get some of the above features you will have to jailbreak it which voids the warranty...

Although they are a good phone they have fucked up majorly with some of the most basic of features missing or of poor quality.
Old 14th March 2009, 09:29   #25
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

is that not just the normal version and not the 3g
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 09:42   #26
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Bunch of fags. iPhone gtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
G1 tbh, fuck all these iPhone fanboys - I also didn't want to buy the phone, and to be fair - android is mint as fook! It's not an iPhone beater, but it does everything else!
I have the best touch screen on the market - Touch HD.

Although what you really want is an iPhone for the apps, G1 for the OS and the Touch HD for the screen and everything else!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 12:17   #27
matt_vtr_15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): saxo mark 2
matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Bunch of fags. iPhone gtf

I have the best touch screen on the market - Touch HD.

Although what you really want is an iPhone for the apps, G1 for the OS and the Touch HD for the screen and everything else!
i like the touch hd....

i don't want an i-phone so what is next best?

sorry apple lovers....
matt_vtr_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 12:21   #28
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

As sexy180 said;

For Apps - iPhone, followed by Android (G1/Magic) (It's Open Source, so in 6 months time it 'could' be better)
For Screen - HTC Touch HD, but soon to be Samsung Omnia HD by Q2/Q3
For OS - T-Mobile G1, coming april the HTC Magic (Vodafone Only) both running Android
For Music - The Nokia 5800 thing
For just a Phone - Anything simular to the Samsung Pixon and/or the LG Renoir (Also the LG Arena release immanent)
For a Mobile Powerhouse - Nokia N97 - Early Q3 - but going to cost a fortune!
For Sleak Business Look - HTC Touch Diamond 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 - Coming Q2

Also O2 are going to be slashing the prices of the 3G handsets soon, as the next generation iPhone is set for release this year - but unsure on the dates. They say iPhone 3G 8GB will be free on £35 a month contracts and the 16GB on £45 a month contracts. So if you really want an iPhone wait a bit longer, otherwise the list above should help.

And there are rumours that Orange are taking over the partnership for the next gen iPhone too! O2 will be losing out!

Hope that helps.

Last edited by dannyjay; 14th March 2009 at 12:27.
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyjay For This Useful Post:
Old 14th March 2009, 12:37   #29
matt_vtr_15
Saxperience Forum Bum

matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!matt_vtr_15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
As sexy180 said;

For Apps - iPhone, followed by Android (G1/Magic) (It's Open Source, so in 6 months time it 'could' be better)
For Screen - HTC Touch HD, but soon to be Samsung Omnia HD by Q2/Q3
For OS - T-Mobile G1, coming april the HTC Magic (Vodafone Only) both running Android
For Music - The Nokia 5800 thing
For just a Phone - Anything simular to the Samsung Pixon and/or the LG Renoir (Also the LG Arena release immanent)
For a Mobile Powerhouse - Nokia N97 - Early Q3 - but going to cost a fortune!
For Sleak Business Look - HTC Touch Diamond 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 - Coming Q2

Also O2 are going to be slashing the prices of the 3G handsets soon, as the next generation iPhone is set for release this year - but unsure on the dates. They say iPhone 3G 8GB will be free on £35 a month contracts and the 16GB on £45 a month contracts. So if you really want an iPhone wait a bit longer, otherwise the list above should help.

And there are rumours that Orange are taking over the partnership for the next gen iPhone too! O2 will be losing out!

Hope that helps.
very helkpful indeed mate!!

i will thanks you when i can

i am going into town today to take a look....

this is the one i have in mind atm, i would quite like windows mobile on my phone etc,

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...E#dealListTabs
Old 14th March 2009, 17:11   #30
Josh_24
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 forte Jeep Cherokee
Josh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud of

ive got 5800 and its the best phone ive ever had

Xbox gamer Tag - Geogenesis
Josh_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 18:01   #31
matt_vtr_15
Saxperience Forum Bum

i have been and had a look at all the latest touchscreens...

htc hd touch it is for me...

such a sweet ass phone....

got to go on orange and it will cost £35 quid a month plus 5 quid for interwebs anf get the free handset...
Old 14th March 2009, 18:30   #32
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

fail...
Old 14th March 2009, 19:03   #33
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!

Get a decent phone as an upgrade, sell it then buy and iphone matey, mint phones
Old 14th March 2009, 19:08   #34
matt_vtr_15
Saxperience Forum Bum

no appleeeeeeee

i do not wantttttt//
Old 14th March 2009, 20:38   #35
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15 View Post
i have been and had a look at all the latest touchscreens...

htc hd touch it is for me...

such a sweet ass phone....

got to go on orange and it will cost £35 quid a month plus 5 quid for interwebs anf get the free handset...
If you don't mind an 18 month contract.....

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/search.a...order=0&page=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig180 For This Useful Post:
Old 15th March 2009, 09:51   #36
flynnsvtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS
flynnsvtr is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmojojojo View Post
is that not just the normal version and not the 3g
No the 3G version is the same, iPhones are very much over-rated tbh, some of the most basic features havent been implemented, otherwise it would of been a no-brainer deciding which phone to get.
Old 15th March 2009, 09:55   #37
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

iPhones rape face.

I went on a mates 5800,
its shit.

HTC Touch is far too nerdy (imo.)
If you are using the touch for business, then maybe its the way to go.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 18:01   #38
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnsvtr View Post
No the 3G version is the same, iPhones are very much over-rated tbh, some of the most basic features havent been implemented, otherwise it would of been a no-brainer deciding which phone to get.
I wanna know what the iPhone cant do ?
Apple dont add things straight away like MMS because then they would have nothing to offer in the future its not hard to write an app like that so you should ask yourself why they have not had it available from the start
Apple's marketing skills are very cleaver,
Like the new shuffles you cant use anything but apple headphones with them because the controls are attached to the headphones,
Genies idea by apple sucks for us
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 18:05   #39
Mikey
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): GTI/VTS/VXR/S-line
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!Mikey is absolutely fabulous!

i have lg renior thing.

its okay.
Old 15th March 2009, 18:06   #40
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

I has mms on my iphone....

Everything it hasn't got can be bought from the appstore.

People say the camera is shit..... i can honestly say that i haven't missed having a good camera on my phone at all. I rarely use the camera. If i want to take pictures i use a camera.

Bluetooth is a little annoying but other than that it's perfect.
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote