Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th September 2014, 16:45   #21
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): posi blue mk2 2003 vtr
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
marcusd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi5terSIR View Post
right you are ill give that a go, didnt think of doing that cheers, it's like it as soon as it starts, then gradually goes away as the engine warms up, sometimes it changes a bit if i leave it a few mins and starts again, but rarely better.

marcusd, i have a new map sensor in it, i have 3 in all here, tried them all a few times and they all make no difference, if i unplug the map it stalls, i can unplug it if im holding the revs up and just about keep it running, so i guess its working ok

cheers
this is the reason I didn't change mine as mine was 2-3 months old turns out it was broke and mine did the same when disconnecting, I just took a chance and replaced it with a cheapy from eurocarparts, and when I swapped them the old one was black, soon as it was changed it all worked again
marcusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 01:10   #22
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr 1.4, xsara was my last car
Mi5terSIR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusd View Post
this is the reason I didn't change mine as mine was 2-3 months old turns out it was broke and mine did the same when disconnecting, I just took a chance and replaced it with a cheapy from eurocarparts, and when I swapped them the old one was black, soon as it was changed it all worked again
yeah one of them i bought brand new at BMF, the other one i got up the scrappy's, and the one thats on there now is the BMF one, which seems to be fine, although the one that was there seems to be fine too, checked it on a mates 106 1.4 and his run fine with it, but....

as you all anticipate, the resolvement!

i have fixed it, it was the crank sensor. it wasnt faulty, but rather the angle it was at, it was mearly a fraction off.

while it was running, i took the bolt i had holding it out, and fiddled around with it's position as it was running, as well as finding a bit more advance, it idles like it was goddamn brand new, starts on the flick of a key and my petrol hasnt been dissapearing, which i didnt expect it to affect it that much.

the newfound smoothness, and power might i add albeit a little, has brought me much joy, after 6 months of dealing with that crap i think i more than deserve it lol

Cheers all!
Mi5terSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mi5terSIR For This Useful Post: