Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th November 2014, 15:11   #11
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): posi blue mk2 2003 vtr
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
marcusd is on a distinguished road

from what ive read up on, the wear is caused by prev owners who drive them like piston engines. they need high revs when warm, the correct oil, and basically drive em hard to clear the carbon builds. its also to do with spark plugs and coils, as coils die (20-30,000 miles)quickly die to their placement so once they start to go it puts stress on the start ups which eventually kills the tips.
from what ive read up on you can get tips insulated which makes them harder wearing, rebuilds are around £1-2000 quid ish. and you need to keep an eye on cooling system hose.
as for the price, ive found most are all around £1-1900 oviously paying lil more for good ones. the newer versions after 2005 pay £500+ road tax so their prices are lot less. as for trying to find one that wont fuck up get a hot compression test done. apparently there are a lot of tell signs its on its way out like the hot start issue, accompanied by other stuff. I tried it on mine it was fine and also still pulls like a train, no idle problem. but am scared of compression test.
new buyers no matter what prev owners says are advised to change coils and leads as soon as you get it for peace of mind. other than that search rx8club/owners forums there is literally hours n hours of read for new owners.

like I said above I took a punt, the 4 forums im on have several examples of engines that are on 100k+ and still good.
marcusd is offline   Reply With Quote