Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 25th January 2020, 16:41   #1
PolishSaxoOwner
L-plater

Car(s): Half-Hooptie LHD 1.6 8v
PolishSaxoOwner is on a distinguished road
Default Rear beam swap - drums to discs; ABS issue.

Hi guys,
I've just ordered a fully refurbed beam with the full disc brake system installed, non abs thought. The refurbing company happened to have all the bits necessary to put together a beam with brakes on laying around so they did it for me.

My car was originally an 1.4 euro spec VTS with abs - it since had its engine swapped to the VTR one but the drum brake rear beam remained.

My current beam failed - that's why i decided to get a new one. Opted to go for discs. I know it won't make a big difference braking force wise but i just desperately want to have discs at the rear too

I know about needing to get a different handbrake cable. Is there anything else I should know before i start the process?

Now, I would prefer to have ABS working after replacing the beam.
ABS hubs are easily and rather cheaply available where Im from along with the sensors (and there is supposedly place to install the latter on my new beam or so I've been told by the refurb company).
Is it just a straight swap the hubs and plug in the sensors job or am I looking at some complications?

I would greatly appreciate your insights guys. I know that your 1.4s or even the VTRs didn't come with ABS but I couldn't get a straight answer searching the Polish forums either so there's my next shot.
PolishSaxoOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 19:46   #2
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Im pretty certain that drum and disc abs sensors are different so youll prob need new ones. And yeah, the arms will have a place for the sensors to go

You may also need to make new brake lines.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2020, 20:18   #3
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

I have reused the drum handbrake cables for the dicsc conversion, you'll need a trailing arm from a vts axle as the pins are different lengths other than the brackets you need for the discs,I wouldn't know about the abs cables as I didn't use them on mine sorry
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote